• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.97 discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
then you might have to trade cross tier if that is all you have. happens to me all the time.
And you can still do those trades. We have small cities (and the not so small ones get in binds, too from time to time, lol!) in our FS that absolutely need that kind of assistance; large cities will take the biggest unfair trade the game will allow T3:T1 to help those players. That changed with the update from 64:1 to 18:1. That still works to funnel the goods, we just have to change the numbers. The abuse of the original trader system was accurately stated here
Too many players abused this and flooded the market with T3 goods so they didn't have to produce their own T1 or T2 goods.
Around 2-2.5 years ago (I was somewhere around Dwarves/Fairies iirc) we had an FS member who did this. He built all T3 and then used a few Traveling Merchants and was surprised when no one took his cross-tier trades. He even added one extra T3 good and he touted them as better than fair trades because they were all 3 star according to Trader! Rather than argue the math with him to prove this was not a sustainable system, I proposed he take my T3:T1 trades at 16:1 for one week; at the end of that week, we'd reassess his perceived value of those trades. And, I'd give him back all the T1 he'd lost at any point if it turned out it wasn't such a valuable trading strategy after all... He never took me up on it and left a week or so later complaining he didn't get enough FS visits... He very well knew he wouldn't last a week taking those trades...
From what I can see, your biggest issue is that 17 of the 21 members of your FS show as inactive and have been inactive for some time. At least one of them hasn't had a score change since November 2017; pretty sure they stopped playing that city over 2years ago (I know the name and they are playing other cities now; that city cannot be deleted without deleting the entire account)... You can see the data on this at the ElvenStats website, so here's a link to your FS page there, you can find any FS or player just by searching for the name over there:
Mardeck's FS
Hover over the black triangle next to a member's name to see when their score last changed.
You can research other FS's over there if you decide the one you're in is no longer a good fit. Check out the 'Fellowships needing members' sub-forum here for Arendyll (they're at the very bottom of the main forum page).
If you've gotten comfortable there with the other 3 members, my recommendation would be to discuss trying to merge with another FS. Even if the other FS has only 4 active players as well, you'll have doubled the number of viable trading partners! Ideally, if the other 3 members are as active as you, you'd find a larger FS with a mix of large and small cities and then you'd feel like you were playing a different game, lol!

DeletedUser21163

that is an amazing amount of information. thank you very much, I had no idea all this was out there. its true, my FS is almost non-existent, but the neighborhood is pretty good. my other city for egenolf sometimes has no trades at all available, or only three or four lines. now that is dismal. I have no connection with anyone in the FS, but I have a problem. I do not like threats, even implied. the descriptions of so many FSs are pretty annoying for an old woman, lol. also I take commitment seriously and don't want to promise what I might not be able to do. I do play every day, several times. anyway thanks again for the help!

Risen Malchiah

@mardeck There should be plenty of fellowships out there which might suit you. Some are very active, tournament-focused and may be too demanding for your taste. Others are more casual and laid back. Look around for a fellowship that has some space available, check out their overview to see how they describe themselves and then also look up the fellowship on Elvenstats. If you see one where most/all of the players don't have an inactive tag and the tournament activity is to your liking, I say it's worth switching.

Sometimes it takes time to find the right fellowship, but it's worth it. And when you do, it really does change so much about the game. Good luck! :)

El-Dude

Greetings. I am a pretty new player - so I obviously don't have nearly the experience or data that you all have. However, at least at my level, the new trading system seems quite unbalanced. I've read all the discussions that you all have set out about trying to balance time and size of the manufactories and Iunderstand the explanations in this string. However, it seems like the demand for the different levels of goods has been ignored in computing the fix. That is to say, at least at my level, when I want to negotiate an encounter or buy a new research, I need a lot of T1 goods, a medium amount of T2 goods but not much of the up until now "rare" T3 goods. It used to be that T3 goods were really expensive and harder to get - which made sense as they come later in the game and you didn't need that much of them. Now they are super super cheap relative to a T1 good if you consider them from the stand point of in-game need.

It's like costs of steak and seasoning were compared and priced only on weight without considering rarity or that one needs a lot of steak and relatively not much seasoning to make a meal.

Not saying that the old 1:4:16 ratio wasn't unfair to the T1 side of the deal - so no argument that it made sense to take some step - but have you not over-corrected? At least for me, T3 goods are now stacking up fast and can no longer really be traded for anything or used as they no longer have much value. I'm boosted in Elixer - and can probably trade my excess Elixer for Gems or Dust - but in just a few days, I have big excesses of all three as I can now get lots of T3 goods for cheap and there is nothing to spend it on.

I'm in Dwarf Level so maybe just in time for me as I can perhaps improve my T1 factories and de-emphasize making T3 goods. Admittedly, just my 2 cents as a noob but I don't really understand why such a drastic sea change made sense and why trying a more gradual adjustment more like 1:2:4 or 1:2:6 or maybe even better, tweaking the production rates in the various manufactories, wouldn't have made a bit more sense.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
but have you not over-corrected? At least for me, T3 goods are now stacking up fast and can no longer really be traded for anything or used as they no longer have much value.
This is a result of the previous system and will correct over time. Many late chapter players had eliminated their T1 factories because they could overproduce T3 in less space and trade down. Now it will be harder to take advantage of the imbalance and the market will need to correct.

It's a reflection of real economies, where (as one example) farmers move into something like corn because the market is heavily subsidized, then if the subsidy is taken away, nobody wants to buy the corn and they have to go back to producing other grains. T3 has been heavily subsidized for a long time because the game told us it cost four times as much to produce, without considering that it can be produced in a higher density (less land) and that high-level players don't have enough uses for the coins and supplies that are the only cost. Therefore it was profitable for high-chapter players to tear out their T1 crops and plant more T3