• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.97 discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Excellent news about the trader changes. Some people are going to be very surprised by how their trades no longer look fair.

Also"Dragon Float (first obtainable during 2019's Carnival event) has been renamed to "Balloon of the Dragon" with an eye on this year's Elvarian Carnival celebrations. " will make some of the pedants happy.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I am glad to see the changes to the star rating in the trader is getting some attention! This has been needed for some time (like since the game started 4 years ago or so lol).

DeletedUser19651

Thank you so much for the trader changes. It is always hard to work new players through the "I know it says it is a fair trade, but it isn't and here is why...." spiel over and over. I can now just say "2 and 3 star trades" only and roll on.

This is going to be so helpful. I am very grateful.

DeletedUser2870

Happy to see the fair-trade ratio's changed.
And pretty close to the ratio's I suggested, so I guess I wasn't far off.
Only problem I have with this is it was done without prior notice. A change as profound as this really should have been announced beforehand to avoid a lot of confusion, especially since most players don't visit the forum

Kadhrin

The one thing that I thought would *also* change, and did not: The "Trader fee" that gets tacked on to trades with people you haven't "discovered" yet is still the same. That means that same-tier trading with a "stranger" is now WORSE than cross-tier trading!

The ratio change really hit the groups I'm in by surprise, and is wreaking havoc with people who are trying to do trades *for quests* and having those trades suddenly not act as expected.

DeletedUser24571

So I saw the changes while playing this morning, but I haven’t been able to login all afternoon. Is the server still down.
I can’t even get to the login screen, it just says loading 100% but nothing happens.
I’m on iPad, and yes I updated the app to 1.97

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24305

"" appear to be acting strangely in Mobile now

Attachments

• 20200206_184828.jpg
    20200206_184828.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 113

DeletedUser24305

And if someone uses "" on a computer this is how it appears on Mobile

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200206-185125_Elvenar.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-185125_Elvenar.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 97

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If people are seeing oddness between browser and app, it may be because Android has not gotten this update yet. Also, it seems the update has locked some Apple users out of the game for now.

DeletedUser21163

can someone please explain to me why they think this new trade is fair. I really do not see it. it costs me 4x as much to produce the manufactured goods over basic, and again 4x more for magic goods. it always seemed fair to me. so what am I not seeing??

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 4366037

can someone please explain to me why they think this new trade is fair. I really do not see it. it costs me 4x as much to produce the manufactured goods over basic, and again 4x more for magic goods. it always seemed fair to me. so what am I not seeing??
It comes down to the "true" size of production buildings. There are various posts that go into this in more detail. Here is one from @SoggyShorts posted a while back that explains it well:

Risen Malchiah

@mardeck While true in terms of coins & supplies, that is only one aspect to it. Take an offer of 1000 elixir for 16,000 steel for example. The old ratio considered this a fair trade when it takes considerably longer to produce 16,000 steel, making this a horrendously bad trade for the person who accepts it. Too many players abused this and flooded the market with T3 goods so they didn't have to produce their own T1 or T2 goods.

DeletedUser21163

Why do they need to do cross-tier trades for quests? Any amount would do, and certainly same tier works fine. "Wreaking havoc" is a bit overly dramatic.
when the quest is, put up so many trades, you are correct, but when the quest is so many encounters or something like that and you can't fight, you have to pay with resources you may not have. then you might have to trade cross tier if that is all you have. happens to me all the time.

DeletedUser21163

@mardeck While true in terms of coins & supplies, that is only one aspect to it. Take an offer of 1000 elixir for 16,000 steel for example. The old ratio considered this a fair trade when it takes considerably longer to produce 16,000 steel, making this a horrendously bad trade for the person who accepts it. Too many players abused this and flooded the market with T3 goods so they didn't have to produce their own T1 or T2 goods.
thanks for answering me. I guess time is not that important to me, but if you take this further, than it takes way more time to produce way more money and tools, so how do you figure that in. time and a half does not seem fair to me.

Deleted User - 3932582

thanks for answering me. I guess time is not that important to me, but if you take this further, than it takes way more time to produce way more money and tools, so how do you figure that in. time and a half does not seem fair to me.
It's not about time per se, but rather space/time. Similarly sized same level manufactories produce similar amounts of goods per unit of time - regardless of tier. You need order of magnitude more space to produce 16x T1 comparing to 1x T3; or alternatively, you can say that you need order of magnitude more time to produce 16x T1 vs 1x T3. Either way, no one can give away T1 for T3 at 16:1 on a sustainable basis.