• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.98

michmarc

"In the Ancient Wonder overview, it is now possible to directly substitute for missing Knowledge Points with Diamonds in case insufficient Knowledge Points are available to finish research into a new level."

So this sounds all nice and fine in the release notes, but the implementation of it leaves much to be desired. Using the exact same button, with potentially the exact same text to act as both "donate KP you already own" and "spend diamonds to buy missing KP" is just wrong. (And I can only imagine colour blind people who don't even get that distinction.)

kphave.png

(when I have 1 KP vs...)
kpneed.png

If you wanted to do something like this, you should put the diamond button off to the side (like is done elsewhere) and should just be a 'finish now for this total' (where "partial" completion could still be done via the [+] button).

KarlD

Using the exact same button, with potentially the exact same text to act as both "donate KP you already own" and "spend diamonds to buy missing KP" is just wrong. (And I can only imagine colour blind people who don't even get that distinction.)
I agree. In my humble opinion this is a super extra terrible horrible idea just changing the color or the button to change to diamond purchase. I had read that this was coming, but didn't quite grasp how super extra terrible horrible it was until I experienced myself.

But I'm grateful for the fast help feature for the fs, but I was very disappointed to find it didn't work on my world map which is where I needed it most. But it's progress, so I'll be thankful for that.

qaccy

I'm curious whether the Frog Prince nerf applies only to the Frog Prince, or to Faineant Frogs in general. Did Frogs as a whole get weaker, or was the idea of this nerf to be that Frog Princes now gain only the defense debuff over the 2-star version and no stats?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm curious whether the Frog Prince nerf applies only to the Frog Prince, or to Faineant Frogs in general. Did Frogs as a whole get weaker, or was the idea of this nerf to be that Frog Princes now gain only the defense debuff over the 2-star version and no stats?

They didn't knock the 3 star attack all the way down to the 2 star, and the 3 star still has extra range in addition to the debuff, but I cannot tell what happened to the 2 star and 1 star until elvenarchitect updates the troops.

Laochra

In the Mobile update it says: "Information about Ancient Knowlege Instants has been extended to show more clearly how many Knowledge Points each of these Instants adds to an Ancient Wonder. "
Why is it necessary to know this, if mobile players can't even donate to the AWs of their FS friends?

Deleted User - 1178646

In the Mobile update it says: "Information about Ancient Knowlege Instants has been extended to show more clearly how many Knowledge Points each of these Instants adds to an Ancient Wonder. "
Why is it necessary to know this, if mobile players can't even donate to the AWs of their FS friends?
You could also read this as; we are working on the mobile donation part and as part of that development we changed this.

Positive thinking is so much better for your health/mood than negative thinking.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Positive thinking is so much better for your health/mood than negative thinking.
It's more complex than that. Optimists (on average, and all else being equal) die at an older age than pessimists. Pessimists are, however, less likely to die "early"

And because that probably sounds confusing, it turns out pessimists are significantly less likely to die from thinks like cancer, probably because they are more likely to assume a mysterious bump or wound is going to kill them and therefore seek attention sooner than optimists.

Near as I can tell, the best survival strategy is to be pessimistic until you are 70, then suddenly change to being an optimist.....

Deleted User - 1178646

Well they already said / promised it is comming, they just did not tell the timeframe.
But we already got the precursors and the last one has been a while ago (in game mail), so it might come sooner than you think. this change does make sense in that regard

Risen Malchiah

It's more complex than that. Optimists (on average, and all else being equal) die at an older age than pessimists. Pessimists are, however, less likely to die "early"

And because that probably sounds confusing, it turns out pessimists are significantly less likely to die from thinks like cancer, probably because they are more likely to assume a mysterious bump or wound is going to kill them and therefore seek attention sooner than optimists.

Near as I can tell, the best survival strategy is to be pessimistic until you are 70, then suddenly change to being an optimist.....
Very interesting! Too bad I'm already an optimist at 42. I will endeavor to think more pessimistically going forward. It will be hard, but I think I can do it.

Doh!!

CHANDY

Less clicking is always welcome, not searching for reward chests is priceless. My Favorite? oh that's easy, clicking the box in workshops so all workshops begin the same production at the same time. Great for all contests. Bravo Inno, keep it up. Hmm, perhaps you could arrange it so when polishing the player the highest bldgs could be polished to the lowest, oh i don't know, perhaps you could place the names on the screen so we just click on that person and they're best building is polished. Of course we'd still need the opportunity to polish Main Halls for those who rather that.
Well, ask and you shall receive. The very next day the new polishing system was started in my city. Thanks, Inno, Job well done.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Sounds unfair. Why would opponents troops be stronger than ours ?
Is there any other case where an opponent has better stats than our same unit ?
@Xelenia , I think @Shyama1 is asking about the frog prince found in the crystal tournament, spire, etc. I assume the enemy frog prince is getting hit with the same nerf that the player frog prince is.

I misunderstood your original question, my apology :) The frog prince is having a percentage decrease across the board whether he is leading your army or the enemies army :p

Deleted User - 4356104

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.98. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I didn't have the new update for giving help until Thursday and above all I just want to say THANK YOU!!! It is so much easier and quicker now to give help, and I think I'm receiving a lot more help now, too. Good job, InnoGames!

shimmerfly

Yep thanks for the Neighborly help uprade. What a huge difference it makes.

'Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them'.
~Wm Shakespeare~

Vergazi

Whose leg do I have to hump to thank endlessly for the new easy help feature? It has given me a reason to even keep playing the game...I was teetering...seriously. My comp, tbh, is an old POS with low memory and onboard graphics so it also thanks you much. :D Btw, if the mods delete this post, the sentiment still stands. I am most grateful, may 1000 blessings shower upon your house and all of it's members unto the tenth generation onward.

Yogi Dave

First. YAY! and Thanks for the mobile NH method coming to the browser, at least for FS and notification NH. I was one of the lucky ones that had it early, but am very glad to see it has rolled out to everyone now.

"In the Ancient Wonder overview, it is now possible to directly substitute for missing Knowledge Points with Diamonds in case insufficient Knowledge Points are available to finish research into a new level. There is no more need to move out of this dialog to buy Knowledge Points from the top hud."

This however, is strange to put the best spin on it. I can't think of anywhere else in the game that a button changes underneath you while clicking. It's unnerving to click the button and it change blue while your mouse cursor obscures the text for a moment as it becomes an amount of diamonds. Yes, I'll get used to it. It just seems so unnecessary given there is a plus sign just to the right on that dialog which lets you spend diamonds, goods, or coins for KP. I guess I just didn't realize that extra click was such a burden to those who wish to spend diamonds.