• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Relic % permanent?

tiG23

I have a small city (chap 4) and it is working perfectly. Top of spire and my current tourney avg is about 1400. I will not 'grow' this city, I like it exactly where it is, a personal challenge. However my relic boost just grew to 542. I read and cannot find now, about keeping it at 0 to help in spire/tourney but due to vision issues, I just can't find all of what I've read before. I have a lvl 6 GA and am thinking of tearing it down, rebuild, rinse repeat. But after time has passed, is that still valid or will 700% just kill me? Tried running the numbers in minmax's calculator and I'm at the point of confusion.

fighter mostly if that matters.

Will 700% do extreme damage, is it permanent, or would i be better killing my GA over and over?

Heymrdiedier

relic boost and ancient wonder levels are the only 2 you can actively manipulate and 'undo' if you want that.
placed expansions and your progress in research are permanent and can't be undone.

Its up to you to decide if you think its still worth manipulating the first 2 factors, if the last 2 are way too high already it might not be worth to bother with it.

If you say you are only in chapter 4, it might be easier and faster to just start over and skip the boosted provinces, then trying to lower them in the city you have now.

tiG23

but then I wouldn't be in a good fs that allows me not to grow. I like this city, have the fire phoenix, it is perfect. I donate my kp, i am a team player. But its very possible I won't be able to do what I can do now if I need to make changes and don't. It appears by the calculator that 700% doubles what 200% needs. It's more than possible that I could do what 700% needs, I always have excess troops. I'm slowly opening new provinces for the tournament. I don't place exp, I stopped tech. This is a second city, and I was told after the libraries were taken that it would be impossible to do this.
I want to prove wrong. I like playing it, it's a mini game.
Still need to know if 700% is permanent.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Well
AWs use relics, so do some crafting recipes. You could build up Wonders, sell them, build them up again. The crafting recipe is mainly pet food and it uses elixir dust and gems.

tiG23

tyvm. I did ax the GA (it was lvl 12) so having less wonders helps too. will rebuild, rinse repeat.

tyvm

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't see it mentioned here, so I don't know if you have read it in other threads about the Spire and tournament formulas, but they use the highest of your three boost percentages, not only the tier 1 boost. So if your tier 2 or tier 3 boost is the highest of the three, that percent will be the one used by the formula. That means you have to zero out three different relics and totally ignore 3 out of 9 tournaments.

Gladiola

If you keep at the tournaments for your boosted relics even just doing 5 provinces (which yields a score of 1350), you might have some difficulty using the relics generated in crafting and AWs at a pace that is quick enough to maintain a lower relic boost. You would probably need to either skip or go very easy on the tourneys for your boosts to stay at the same boost. One thing that could help would be dropping out of your fellowship before those tournament chests with the relics are collected although then of course you would sacrifice the other rewards.

I can speak from experience of my chapter 3 city with a marble boost that just hit 462% that the boost increases make the fights tougher but still doable, although I cater the Spire above the laboratory. I am doing 7 tournament provinces this round, for a score of 1890 I think.

The description of this strategy makes me curious about people who might be trying to use it for "filler cities" to gain tournament chests and gold level in the Spire for other cities in the fellowship.

tiG23

or bite the bullet and worry about the other parts of the equation. I can do more than I have provs to do right now, so I still think I'd be safe. But from 200% (wishful thinking) to 700% doubles the top boss. From 400 to 900 (units, squads, whatever is in the calculator. still crazy low numbers.