• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Relics and standard goods

DeletedUser19178

How do you use your relics to make boosted goods...I have all these relics but no standard goods and not sure how to do it. I can't make enough of anything to do any trades. I know some of you have tried to explain this to me but I am still confused...

rvtdragon1

You do not use the relics to make goods. As you gain more relics for your boosted goods the amount you produce increases by a certain percentage. Eventually, when you have enough of the boosted relics your production will increase to 700%. You gain these relics by doing the weekly tournament and clearing provinces on the world map. The non-boosted relics can be used to make enchantment spells in the Magic Academy and will be needed to upgrade Ancient Wonders when you get there. You can see how much your boosted goods production has increased by going to your Main Hall relics tab. It will show how many relics you have, the % goods are boosted and the number you need to acquire to get to the next boost.

(I would add a screen shot but have no idea how to do that.)

DeletedUser19178

You do not use the relics to make goods. As you gain more relics for your boosted goods the amount you produce increases by a certain percentage. Eventually, when you have enough of the boosted relics your production will increase to 700%. You gain these relics by doing the weekly tournament and clearing provinces on the world map. The non-boosted relics can be used to make enchantment spells in the Magic Academy and will be needed to upgrade Ancient Wonders when you get there. You can see how much your boosted goods production has increased by going to your Main Hall relics tab. It will show how many relics you have, the % goods are boosted and the number you need to acquire to get to the next boost.

(I would add a screen shot but have no idea how to do that.)

So as long as I have the relics then the amount of my goods I make are boosted by whatever % each time I make them? The more relics I get the more % I can make of that particular good each time I make them? Is that right? If I don't have enough then it will tell me I need such & such amount of that good or that relic, to be able to get my next boost? Let's say I have planks and it has a green 86% by it does that mean I have to get 14% more before I can boost my production o planks again or does it mean I need 86% more goods to my next boost? and how many relics does it take to boost any of your goods? Sorry, Just trying to make sure I understand it correctly. I'm afraid I don't get things the way I used to. A bad case of CRS doesn't help any :confused:

rvtdragon1

No. When you get the relics your production is boosted. It does not cost you relics to produce the additional goods. Your planks production has been increased by 86%. When you get more plank relics (it should say Next upgrade and a number on the relics tab) your production will automatically be increased. You continue to increase the % of production for additional relics. Go to the Wiki and look at the relics page. It should tell you how many you need for each increase in production. Remember, this is for boosted goods only.

If you have 86% boost you currently have 7 relics. When you have 10 relics your production will be increased to 106% and so on to 700%.

DeletedUser19178

No. When you get the relics your production is boosted. It does not cost you relics to produce the additional goods. Your planks production has been increased by 86%. When you get more plank relics (it should say Next upgrade and a number on the relics tab) your production will automatically be increased. You continue to increase the % of production for additional relics. Go to the Wiki and look at the relics page. It should tell you how many you need for each increase in production. Remember, this is for boosted goods only.

If you have 86% boost you currently have 7 relics. When you have 10 relics your production will be increased to 106% and so on to 700%.
Ohhhh ok I think I got ya now... I'll check out wiki next Thanks Hun

DeletedUser12171

To answer your main question in this thread, I'll break it up to three parts

1. Making goods
Goods are made in manufactories. You can build manufactories by opening the "Build" menu and selecting them under the "Goods" tab.

There are 9 manufactories you can build in total. You begin with 3 available and more are unlocked as you progress in the game

2. Relics
You get relics by completing provinces, through the daily chests when giving neighborly help, and through weekly tournaments. There are 9 types of relics, corresponding to the 9 goods manufactories you can build. Relics are primarily used to make enchantments in your magic academy.

3. Boosted goods
Of the 9 relics, 3 will be the most important to you. These are your boosted goods. These relics increase the production of their respective good up to 7x, depending on the amount of that relic you have in possession. To know which are your boosted goods, click on your main hall and look in the "Relic" tab, the highlighted relics are your boosted goods.

Because of this huge boost in production, it is recommended that you build only the type of manufactories of your boosted goods (3 types) instead of all 9, and use your boosted goods to trade for other goods that you are not boosted in

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19178

To answer your main question in this thread, I'll break it up to three parts

1. Making goods
Goods are made in manufactories. You can build manufactories by opening the "Build" menu and selecting them under the "Goods" tab.

There are 9 manufactories you can build in total. You begin with 3 available and more are unlocked as you progress in the game

2. Relics
You get relics by completing provinces, through the daily chests when giving neighborly help, and through weekly tournaments. There are 9 types of relics, corresponding to the 9 goods manufactories you can build. Relics are primarily used to make enchantments in your magic academy.

3. Boosted goods
Of the 9 relics, 3 will be the most important to you. These are your boosted goods. These relics increase the production of their respective good up to 7x, depending on the amount of that relic you have in possession. To know which are your boosted goods, click on your main hall and look in the "Relic" tab, the highlighted relics are your boosted goods.

Because of this huge boost in production, it is recommended that you build only the type of manufactories of your boosted goods (3 types) instead of all 9, and use your boosted goods to trade for other goods that you are not boosted in
Okaayyyyy I finally understand clearly now.. Thank you so much!! Everyone has been trying to help me but I just wasn't getting it.

DeletedUser18495

Can anyone explain what ancient knowledge is? I have a slew of them in my inventory under instants. But I've no idea where to use them or how. It's been suggested that this has to do with which type of devices used to play the game. I am using an android operated tablet. Does this indeed play role in using ancient knowledge?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Can anyone explain what ancient knowledge is? I have a slew of them in my inventory under instants. But I've no idea where to use them or how. It's been suggested that this has to do with which type of devices used to play the game. I am using an android operated tablet. Does this indeed play role in using ancient knowledge?
The Ancient Knowledge Point Instants (AWKP) can be used in your Ancient Wonders on the mobile app. So, if you've built Golden Abyss or Tome of Secrets or any other in the AW build menu, you can insert the instants there to fill the research bar so you can upgrade it and improve the benefits. Regular kp earned over time in the game or from tournaments or purchased or whatever can also be used there. AWKP cannot be used in the research tree to unlock techs; they take only the regular kp.
The confusion with device types is related. In the browser version, you can also donate both regular kp and AWKP to other players' AW's in the same world as your city. Top contributors get prizes (runes for that AW and/or AWKP) when the research bar is filled. You can't earn rewards for contributing to your own AW's. Fellowships often have various AW swap clubs (hosted in the in-game message system that is also not yet accessible in the mobile app) where you donate to other members' AWs and they donate to yours so you can get the rewards. The mechanism for doing this on browser actually allows you to click on any city on the world map (other places, too, like FS member list, notifications, etc) and actually go in and look at the city. While there, you click on an AW and it opens the appropriate windows where you make donations. Unfortunately, this is also how you give neighborly help on browser. There are 'hands' to click on and then you click on the building to help it. You have to go into each city to give help. Takes for.ev.er. to do visits on browser. Also, cycling Fellowship Adventure quests for badges is much quicker and less mistake prone on the app rather than the browser. Setting productions is quicker on browser with hot keys.
From the last I heard of time frames (which may have been last winter/spring?) the priority was to have all the game features available in the mobile app by the end of 2018. They're also testing HTML5 in the browsers on beta as part of the plan to migrate away from Flash that runs the existing game on live browsers. I don't know if there have been progress reports, but I've seen steady feature releases on the app with just about every mobile update. My guess: as both these developments occur, the game will be similar on both platforms.What that ends up actually looking like? Who knows, lol?!

DeletedUser19372

Hi, thank you for your detailed response. I still have not figured out how to claim the Knowledge Points from the app. Can it only be done in the browser? I have never accessed the game from the browser. How do I do that? Thanks!

DeletedUser19372

When I go into the instants it says not able to use from there. When I click on the ancient building there is a bar and buttons for applying your regular knowledge points but there does not seem to be a place where I can apply the instant ancient knowledge points I have earned. TYIA

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I was under the impression you could use AWKP in the app on your own wonders, but I was wrong. I play 95% of the time on browser and usually use the app only for neighborly visits. For awhile, you couldn't even donate regular kp to your own AW's on the app. When they said you could do that now, I presumed there was a way to use the instants, but when I just looked, there's not.:oops:
As far as playing on a browser, just go to www.elvenar.com and sign in with the same user name/password as you use on the app. I think it's also possible to sign in via Facebook, but not sure. A screen will pop up and the world your city is in will be green, click there and you're in!
Some of the other things you can do on browser, but not the app: Go to your world map(and other places click on a player name and a visit option pops up), click on another player's city and their actual city loads and you can see all their buildings. It's annoying to do neighborly help because you have to wait for every city to load, click on the hands on the bottom bar, then move around the city to find a building, then click to 'help' it, then next city, repeat. Participation in a fellowship is much easier as you have access to the message system where the app is limited to chat for communication between FS members only. The message system works for all players in the world you're playing. That's how many fellowship members will send out emails asking if you'd like to join. Also, FS wide messages are possible with the click of a box, again just more interaction with other players is possible on browser. Setting productions is much quicker as you can use hot keys (ex: factories: click the factory, type '1' and the 3hr production starts). My old eyes and fat fingers find multi-collection (hold down the mouse button after the first click and just drag across all the buildings you want to collect from) easier on the browser. That's especially true when I've pre-made items for an event quest and don't want to collect them until the quest comes up. Fat fingers get me on that every time on mobile!

DeletedUser17461

The Ancient Knowledge Point Instants (AWKP) can be used in your Ancient Wonders on the mobile app. So, if you've built Golden Abyss or Tome of Secrets or any other in the AW build menu, you can insert the instants there to fill the research bar so you can upgrade it and improve the benefits. Regular kp earned over time in the game or from tournaments or purchased or whatever can also be used there. AWKP cannot be used in the research tree to unlock techs; they take only the regular kp.
The confusion with device types is related. In the browser version, you can also donate both regular kp and AWKP to other players' AW's in the same world as your city. Top contributors get prizes (runes for that AW and/or AWKP) when the research bar is filled. You can't earn rewards for contributing to your own AW's. Fellowships often have various AW swap clubs (hosted in the in-game message system that is also not yet accessible in the mobile app) where you donate to other members' AWs and they donate to yours so you can get the rewards. The mechanism for doing this on browser actually allows you to click on any city on the world map (other places, too, like FS member list, notifications, etc) and actually go in and look at the city. While there, you click on an AW and it opens the appropriate windows where you make donations. Unfortunately, this is also how you give neighborly help on browser. There are 'hands' to click on and then you click on the building to help it. You have to go into each city to give help. Takes for.ev.er. to do visits on browser. Also, cycling Fellowship Adventure quests for badges is much quicker and less mistake prone on the app rather than the browser. Setting productions is quicker on browser with hot keys.
From the last I heard of time frames (which may have been last winter/spring?) the priority was to have all the game features available in the mobile app by the end of 2018. They're also testing HTML5 in the browsers on beta as part of the plan to migrate away from Flash that runs the existing game on live browsers. I don't know if there have been progress reports, but I've seen steady feature releases on the app with just about every mobile update. My guess: as both these developments occur, the game will be similar on both platforms.What that ends up actually looking like? Who knows, lol?!
This needs added to wiki. Nice explanation. Thanks!