• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

relics used to make MM catalyst and fed food

GlamDoll

In short? The MA is a bitter-sweet deal, and one has to weigh the pros & cons...
Just like every other aspect of this game...as of late...

Meanwhile, people are sick & dying.

Hoping we all have our house & priorities in order.

Some of us are golden-tongued...

Others are considered a Math-Wiz, and so on.

Point? It's only our lives at stake people!

Choose wisely...

Or shoot the messenger.

Be blessed accordingly AKA Karma.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
You are correct my numbers were off, neeronie on Aren number should have be 76125 and neeronie on Winy is 50760. I do not, however, agree that I need to or should have to, do more tournament. The dust tournament numbers are my efforts during a non push. My participation has dropped a bit since I started the city on Winy. I am not ashamed of my participation however. After a fairly quick scan, I find that I generally have been in the top 4 to 8 during dust tournaments and into the top 50% within my fellowship during a push even though they are not relics I need for making the enchantments I mentioned.

I do admit that I am not as clever a player as some others but I do question whether the game needs to be a chore for everyone but the most skilled. I know this is going to come off sounding like I am defending myself and to an extent I guess I am. In my opinion, the developers do need to do something about this or they will lose, as customers, all but the most skill players. The demand for certain relics has increase with the introduction of new items and if you are not in a Fellowship that happens to push the relics you need, you have to struggle or shop Fellowships for a relic instead of for how compatible you are with the members. After all, as you so rightly pointed out, this is a game and if one can only be reasonably successful if you adapt a "playing style" that is narrow, there are other games to be played.

They are way way way way way of.
You arent even getting close.

Tiny example, I have maybe have the greatest tourney participation/tourney ranking points in game but I am not even getting a little little little bit close to those numbers,
1585089017355.png
These days I do mad scores like 15-20K a week including stardust tournament.
On the last magic dust tournament I won 1507 magic dust relics.
there are at most 5 to 6 dust tournaments a year. and you claimed to have aquired 12500+ relics in each of those 6 tournament seperatly!!!!!

beyond impossible!!! thats 500+ magic dust provincies 5-6 rounds!!!! (which means you have scouted 4500 provinces)

That said

A Magic Academy at level 5!!! uses 252 magic dust relics per 9 weeks (your case) making 24/7 63 days in a row only katalists.
1600 tournament points (5 rounds 8 provincies) rewards you with aprox 100 dust relics.

For a level 5 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 15 provinces. (3150 points)
For a level 4 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 10 provinces (2100 points)
For a level 3 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 8 provinces (1600 points)
For a level 2 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 6 provinces and a few 3 ounds the 7th province (1400 points)

It's not even as close as so extreme as you claim.
1585090445956.png

Last edited:

neeronie

Hello!

I personally do not see the need for your suggestion, and I may be a loner here. I play the tournament on a regular basis and my 6 weeks average tends to venture between 3k to 8k depending on my mood. If I notice I am running low on a certain reelics, I go crazy extra that week for those relics lmao. It is hard for me to see any merit in your suggestion when I have atleast 1k of each relics, and I have over 300 counts of each spells.

The game is easy to play IF you really put some strategic thoughts into your playing style and the wonders you place (which is why it is call a game :eek:o_O). There are bigger fish to fry than having the developers waste their time on something that a player just need to twig their playing style to achieve. My question to you is how many cities do you play?

I just looked at your biggest city on elvenstat (attached your profile) and your average tournament score is less than 1.6k, meaning...you do not even score enough point to earn your spot in a 10 chest fellowship. When you look at mine, I earn more than enough of my spot in a 10 chest fellowship. Why should the developers address your unique concern, when they could do other things such as bringing a good visitation mechanism to the browser?

Just for some things to think about! I hope I am not coming off negative, I just want to put things in a perspective between those who tournament and fully take advantage of the tournament and those who do not.

I just noticed my dust is almost at 4k relics, the very one you are struggling with!

I do not believe you, I think you are doing your math wrong. I have been tournamenting since I began my elvenar journey and I do not think I have achieved that many dust relics in my 3 years of playing.

I just looked deeper into your elvenstat data, and your highest dust score is 2.3k since april 2018, that would give you something around 130 relics ...not to forget, that is not the total you have been achieving every dust since. I counted 13 (?) dust tournament in that range, assuming you have been getting exactly 130 dust relics each dust tournament, which means you have gained ‭1,690‬ relics since april of 2018. The lowest dust score I see from you is 864...so you have NOT even been achieving that.

Again, I am not trying to be negative, what you said simply does not add up. Your idea holds zero merit
View attachment 7325
View attachment 7326
View attachment 7324
The total collected numbers don't make sense. To get 50K of dust relics in a year, you need to average about 1000 dust relics every week. This is clearly impossible.

I am in the end-game, and played about 1.5 yrs total, hauling decent amounts of relics from tournaments every week (~3.5K points on average). With only crafting catalysts 24/7, my inventory totals are ~2.8K for relics that are not used in catalysts, and about 1.3K for those that are.

With decent tournament participation it is definitely possible to have excess of relics for any individual city usage (unless you have unlimited supply of time instants). It sounds though that you're sponsoring your FS members, and depending on your generosity it is easy to exceed your capacity in different ways - MMs or not.
you are every so right, don't know what I was looking at the 99000 is 76000

neeronie

They are way way way way way of.
You arent even getting close.

Tiny example, I have maybe have the greatest tourney participation/tourney ranking points in game but I am not even getting a little little little bit close to those numbers, These days I do mad scores like 15-20K a week including stardust tournament.
On the last magic dust tournament I won 1507 magic dust relics.
there are at most 5 to 6 dust tournaments a year. and you claimed to have aquired 12500+ relics in each of those 6 tournament seperatly!!!!!

beyond impossible!!! thats 500+ magic dust provincies 5-6 rounds!!!! (which means you have scouted 4500 provinces)

That said

A Magic Academy at level 5!!! uses 252 magic dust relics per 9 weeks (your case) making 24/7 63 days in a row only katalists.
1600 tournament points (5 rounds 8 provincies) rewards you with aprox 100 dust relics.

For a level 5 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 15 provinces. (3150 points)
For a level 4 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 10 provinces (2100 points)
For a level 3 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 8 provinces (1600 points)
For a level 2 academy you need to do +- 5 rounds 6 provinces and a few 3 ounds the 7th province (1400 points)

It's not even as close as so extreme as you claim.
very nice indeed but you and everyone it seems is focusing on tournament when the issue in my original comment is that certain relics are needed in greater quantities then before. I did make a big mistake in thinking that the number I saw in the relic tab was the accumulation of the number of relics I had collected, no, no not so, you are right that number was the amount of dust I had in my inventory, so sorry, silly me.

That aside I am hurting for relics and there is a greater need for the same ones for several different items with more on the way so I gave it some thought. Just because it will take some programming to find a solution is not a reason to brush it off. I once suggested "rent a space" it was received with the same distaste. Then one day we had teleport instants. I am not saying that it was my idea or even that my suggestion was a seed but crazy things can happen when someone looks at a problem or suggestion and comes up with something helpful and agreeable. This is my last comment on this subject. This has turned me off for good.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
very nice indeed but you and everyone it seems is focusing on tournament when the issue in my original comment is that certain relics are needed in greater quantities then before. I did make a big mistake in thinking that the number I saw in the relic tab was the accumulation of the number of relics I had collected, no, no not so, you are right that number was the amount of dust I had in my inventory, so sorry, silly me.

That aside I am hurting for relics and there is a greater need for the same ones for several different items with more on the way so I gave it some thought. Just because it will take some programming to find a solution is not a reason to brush it off. I once suggested "rent a space" it was received with the same distaste. Then one day we had teleport instants. I am not saying that it was my idea or even that my suggestion was a seed but crazy things can happen when someone looks at a problem or suggestion and comes up with something helpful and agreeable. This is my last comment on this subject. This has turned me off for good.

There are plenty of ways to gain relics
  • World map encounters
  • Crafting at magic academy (you would be amazed how much I used this when I started a new game)
  • Tournaments (best / quickest supply)
and as someone mensioned before there are several ways to gain CC spells (So you don't need / can reduce relic comsumption)
  • Magic Aacademy
  • Spire rewards (some in regular chests most together as a fellowship)
  • The library from the set that can be won in the spire.
as for pet food, this was a request by many of you players they should reduce that the recipes
The recipes you all 3 Tier 3 relics instead of all 9, so dust, gems and elixer

So in this case it is already differentiated and not just 1 type of relic as depending on which of the 3 recipes you get you are asked for either dust, gems or elixer relics.

With all these already existing diffenrent options I see no value in your suggestion.

Kekune

everyone it seems is focusing on tournament when the issue in my original comment is that certain relics are needed in greater quantities then before.

Well, they aren't exactly *needed*. You want them.

I get that, because I want them, too. For me, it's elixir relics (I'm boosted in dust). I craft CC or MM (mostly MM) around the clock, and craft nearly around the clock including pet food at every opportunity. I rely heavily on these things, and therefore elixir relics.

My city could progress just fine without pet food, with fewer CCs or fewer MM spells. I much prefer to have lots of them. But that's my choice, and the cost of doing business that way is that I have to get the relics. I've followed the suggestions @CrazyWizard listed above, and they work. People are focusing on the tournament because it's an obvious solution to the problem you've stated.

neeronie

Well, they aren't exactly *needed*. You want them.

I get that, because I want them, too. For me, it's elixir relics (I'm boosted in dust). I craft CC or MM (mostly MM) around the clock, and craft nearly around the clock including pet food at every opportunity. I rely heavily on these things, and therefore elixir relics.

My city could progress just fine without pet food, with fewer CCs or fewer MM spells. I much prefer to have lots of them. But that's my choice, and the cost of doing business that way is that I have to get the relics. I've followed the suggestions @CrazyWizard listed above, and they work. People are focusing on the tournament because it's an obvious solution to the problem you've stated.
Well I was going to let this go but on giving it more thought. Crazy and the others proved that tournament would deliver the relics I need. It is also true from my point of view that I have been doing as much tournaments and pushes that my resources will allow. Therein lies the the true source of my problem. I have over extended my resources, enchantments, instants and pet food doing tournaments that do not benefit me for the what I put into it with the consequential result.

I still do insist, that focusing on my shortcomings is not the solution to the issue I brought up. You and some others do not see this as a problem for you. Okay, I get that. It is also a fact that the non-boosted associated relics are in much more demand now then they have been in the past. I do not believe that it would not be impossible to offer a choice from the current relics to make the items in question. So that one could select the relics that are in inventory surplus. Just because you identify this as "want" does not mean that I should not see it as a "need". Everyone's situation is different. I remember that many players including myself suggested a drop down menu for the FA over a period of years. Was that a want or a need? Did it matter? Did it make the game more playable when a new menu came out? Yes.

I am AM, in my smaller city. I see as part of my job to supply the smaller city with the goods they require to grow. I enchant my tier 1 good buildings almost continuously. Does that increase my need more than the average player, yup. Is it a matter of my style of play, yup. Should the game provide for only one style of play? I don't think so. Who would it hurt to make an adjustment in the relics required to make MM, catalyst, etc?

That is your chapter 15 city. You will be caught unprepared when chapter 16 comes out. Millions of goods of all tiers are required in its tech tree. So you should immediately start increasing your production.
Thank you, for your very helpful observation, I have already begun to do just that.

That is your goods, not your relics.
took me a bit but I figured that out, thanks for being helpful

Pheryll

Set Designer
Well I was going to let this go but on giving it more thought. Crazy and the others proved that tournament would deliver the relics I need. It is also true from my point of view that I have been doing as much tournaments and pushes that my resources will allow. Therein lies the the true source of my problem. I have over extended my resources, enchantments, instants and pet food doing tournaments that do not benefit me for the what I put into it with the consequential result.

Neeronie, I looked at your city and the large amount of wonders and I noticed a few problems you have toward a military set up.
Up and till amuni you are missing the following wonders:
Tome of Secrets, Endless Excavation, Dwarven Bulwark, Prosperity Towers, Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms, Flying Academy, Enar's Embassy, Temple of the Toads.

There is no reason to build all the wonders, but of the ones you are missing several will really help you fight in tournaments rather than relying heavily on catering.

Supplies: Your six workshops right now do not make a lot. Fortunately this will change in your chapter when you unlock the new workshops. Regardless, having a supply wonder like Prosperity Towers, or Endless Excavation (you are too late in the game to rely on Tome of Secrets for supplies) will help you tremendously, as they are very efficient for the same space they take up.

Training Size: Your two leveled armories are not going to get you far by themselves. You can drastically improve the amount of time you can spend training units by adding either the dwarven bulwark or the shrine of the shrewdy shrooms. Plus they come with free troops to throw at the easier encounters. The swordancer remains a solid balance at tackling light range and mage, even in the late game. The archer is good anti-mage, although inferior to the ranger.

You are right at skipping the woodelves wonders (flying academy, Enar's Embassy). Until you get the supply production to support faster training of troops, I wouldn't recommend the flying academy; and Enar's embassy is probably the worst wonder you can find.

Temple of the Toads is a great wonder for elves because golems are decent endgame at a variety of troops including some heavy melee. Not only that it boosts your orc strategists and toads as well.

Kekune

focusing on my shortcomings is not the solution to the issue I brought up.
I did not mean to frame it as a shortcoming. We all make choices. I was responding to your concern that people focused on tournament as a solution.

Just because you identify this as "want" does not mean that I should not see it as a "need".
Call it a need if you like. I think everyone here is responding to your initial question:

I would like to know if you think my suggestions have any merit.
It sounds like generally, people don't. Most people who have weighed in seem to believe tournament solves this problem. If it doesn't for you, then ok - but I think there's a difference between people dismissing your concern (which I don't see) and offering solutions you don't like (which I do see).