• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reminder Banner / Flash Bulletin

StarLAN

When playing multiple worlds, sometimes it's hard to remember what needs to be done in each world.
This might be useful...
When you open a world a "Reminder" pops up with a note you left to yourself reminding you what you were working on.
This would have a toggle that you can check to pop-up next time you log-in.
This could be done in the "In Game Messages" but sometimes these messages to yourself could get lost if you have a busy message board within the game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've long advocated for a heads-up display with text details fo timers etc. A text reminder would be nice.

Even if the system would just allow you to send PMs to yourself, which seems trivial. Why on earth does it not allow you to send yourself PMs?

defiantoneks

hmm. have to admit, i really have no "Yeah!" or "bleep NO" thoughts on it. I find we all have mechanisms for such reminders, and regardless of what those mechanisms are we forget anyway. Either the note becomes obsolete, we forget to update it, blah blah. As long nothing happens if no note is present (if you dont use it, no additional clicks to close windows etc are needed), then i suppose it's fine.

Yogi Dave

I like the note best since it wouldn't get lost like a message you post to yourself. The dialog would look like any message with the same format and poor editing options. However, I'd prefer to have a mark in the section that allows you to edit your profile, etc. on the browser. (Mobile, where would you want it?) If you have a note, it's red. If not, gray. Clicking on the mark would allow you to see, edit, or clear it. With the mark, it wouldn't have to come up when you log-in and you could look at it anytime. That way you could read/edit/clear it while you are playing. I'm 71 with CRAFT (Can't Remember a Fricking Thing), so would sometimes edit at times during play, especially during an event. Like everything, you'd get used to seeing the red mark and open it before you do those collections you wanted to save until a quest comes up, or to remember to not collect those troops since you want the queue to empty before you feed the brown bear, etc.