• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removal of inactive players and trading partners

DeletedUser

Do we get any system or direction or position in the world so we can at least head towards active areas

DeletedUser

I have the same issue....I really only have 1 or two who truly come and offer neighbor help, but I have added one more and the other two seem to have disappeared, their on my map and I help them every day, it may be a summer issue because everyone has other things to do, then you have school starting soon and everone of the younger players will have that to deal with. I wish I had more wanting to help but it seems like they either don't want to, they have quit the game or have other things to do.

DeletedUser61

Then is Arendyll a world or a kingdom in the world?
  • If you look at the roll bar at the top of your login page, you'll see that https://us.elvenar.com/?ref=_portalbar_flags is the URL of our regional server farm. It's in Miami, by the way.
  • Within each server farm there are multiple worlds, such as Arendyll and Winyandor.
  • Accounts and Diamonds can be shared across worlds, but not across the regional server farms.

Shanarias

I have hardly any neighbors now. Been that way for a week. Either there are no new players, or they are all going elsewhere.

DeletedUser511

Going elsewhere? Leaving will get their town deleted they are not picking up their town and moving. If a dozen people get deleted for not coming in you might have to wait a while to fill up a dozen towns.

What i want to know if it is random on where these new players get placed after they pick their town or is it all like up in the corner moving down or whatever. If so thats not right and it should be random.

DeletedUser

When are you going to replace the neighbors you took from us? I don't believe that new people are not joining this game every day. And yet I still have 28 empty spaces in my discovered territory. That means I am losing more than 302K coins every single day. It seems like many other places on the map are full, and yet, I still have gaping holes in my discovered territory.

If you are not going to compensate players for all the coins they are missing, then fill the spaces up evenly so that it is fair to the very active players. More and more people are joining this game daily, why are you not filling spaces fairly?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser511

I know it should be random but I bet its not its like starting in the corner of the map or something. Thats messed up!

DeletedUser

It definitely is not random. I don't know what the development team is doing, but they are surely not replacing neighbors fairly

DeletedUser61

they are surely not replacing neighbors fairly
You've posted several variations on the same theme, and while your concerns are valid you're preaching to the choir. We're already believers. There are already several relevant threads, as you have discovered.

You can't lose what you don't have. You're not losing coins from lack of neighbors any more than you're losing coins, supplies, and goods when you don't collect right on the dot.
  • A couple of months ago, inactive players were NOT being replaced.
  • A simple procedure was implemented to remove inactive players so that there would be SOME POSSIBILITY of getting new neighbors, who were active
  • From what I've seen, new players were previously added at the fringes of the occupied areas.
  • Bump and Run cities are now being removed in batches, after not less than 30 days of inactivity.
  • As a pure guess, the city sectors are consider in some predictable order that's convenient for the computer, but probably wouldn't make much sense to the players.
But there are some fundamental philosophical tradeoff that we have to consider:
  1. How often SHOULD somebody play, to keep their account alive?
  2. Do we want mixed neighborhoods, so that advanced trading partners are always available? Random replacement will accomplish that objective.
  3. Do we want segregated neighborhoods, with clusters of similar scores? Do we move cities around to optimize the World Map accordingly?
I prefer the clustered approach, and https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/climbing-the-penrose-stairs.116/#post-975 is one possible implementation.

This is a new product that is being heavily advertised. We are, unavoidably, going to attract a lot of looky loos.

Let's assume, for the purposes of discussion, that 1/3 of the folks try the product for a few hours, don't care for it, and wander off.
What would you regard as a fair way to deal with the bump and run players??

DeletedUser

You can't lose what you don't have. You're not losing coins from lack of neighbors any more than you're losing coins, supplies, and goods when you don't collect right on the dot.

I am losing 302K coins daily because I cannot visit those 28 neighbors that are no longer there. I visit my neighbors daily.

• A simple procedure was implemented to remove inactive players so that there would be SOME POSSIBILITY of getting new neighbors, who were active
However, new players are NOT being replaced, and if they are, they are not being replaced evenly nor fairly. I don't want to wait around for "some possibility", and I shouldn't have to.
  • From what I've seen, new players were previously added at the fringes of the occupied areas.
There have been no new neighbors added on the fringes of my occupied areas.
  • Bump and Run cities are now being removed in batches, after not less than 30 days of inactivity.
That's fine, but they should be replaced asap-- not sometime in the future when they figure it out.

Let's assume, for the purposes of discussion, that 1/3 of the folks try the product for a few hours, don't care for it, and wander off.
What would you regard as a fair way to deal with the bump and run players??

I would regard it to be fair for the developers to refill slots as soon as possible. How fair is it to work hard to achieve something only for the game developers to take it away and tell you to just be patient until they figure out how to replace them? Don't you think they should have thought of that first??

DeletedUser61

They ARE refilling the slots "as soon as possible." Your suggestion, I presume, is that they should not remove an inactive city until they have an active player to plug in. You're neglecting the fact that an inactive city does not provide you with any trades, nor will you get any supplies when you visit an inactive city. Being able to collect coins is pretty small change.

The approach I favor would be to move the remaining cities closer together, rather than hoping that enough new players will show up to replace the inactive players. I don't mind if half of the map is empty, so long as it's not MY half.

DeletedUser

You are neglecting the fact that an inactive city may not give you trades but you can still visit and get coins. If those cities are gone you get nothing. And if they are replacing the cities, where is this happening? Certainly not in any of my territory since the middle of June.

They didn't think this out, they didn't plan for what would happen if they wiped out half the map, and they didn't have a plan to replace those cities fairly. I do mind losing about 3/4 of my neighbors. I do mind the loss in revenue, and I do mind the excuses given for why this has not been fixed. Moving the cities closer together would be a solution, but I doubt that development is even considering that option. Another option would be to fill those slots with the same dummy cities they used when the game was new and then replace those dummy cities when new people join.

DeletedUser422

They "robbed Peter to pay Paul" as the old saying goes...stole all new players from entering server 1 and sent them to server 2. I encourage all to read my "Where's the Beef?" thread in main forum and add an "agree" there.

DeletedUser61

There are a few important points that we need to include in our discussion:
  1. US 1 exceeded the 60,000 ish capacity of a single world in less than a month. They HAD to open a second world, knowing full well that a goodly share of the looky loos were not likely to hang around.
  2. Releasing Fellowships was the actual "solution" to supporting Trades and reciprocal visits. 25 fellows is a definite improvement, and I would note that Tarty Whoohoo has a nice cheerful profile for his Fellowship. I suspect he's been encouraging frequent visits.
  3. Solving smart memory management problem, which made it very difficult to visit the neighbors, undoubtedly caused a major snarl in the development timeline.
  4. Based on my FoE experience, even on a mature server, 80 neighbors won't count for much. We can certainly grumble about the delay between removals and replacements, and there are a couple of different (more complicated) ways to make the churn less visible, but clearing out the deadwood is a necessary first step, even though we all agree that it's not sufficient.
I'd be surprised if more than a third of the folks who wander into our very young world will actually still be playing 6 weeks later. We can't blame this ALL on InnoGames. Gamers are fickle, and we can fully expect that more than half of our neighbors are going to be inactive until we have a half dozen worlds, whereupon we'll be able to complain about all of the folks who barely visit the newest worlds, because they're busy in their established worlds.

TAKEAWAY: When a usage pattern is entirely obvious, and predictable, it's wise to plan accordingly. For myself, I'm depending on my fellows for trade support and visitors, and if some new neighbors show up, well and good. I'll invite the best of them into our fellowship.

DeletedUser

I urge you to read the "Where's the Beef" thread on the main forum. Finally there is a logical explanation as to why new neighbors are not being added.
They did not have to open a new world. They could have purged and added those new players right from the start.

I have three years FOE experience. I finally quit after the developers ruined that game by making great building levels the determinate for player points. You no longer need to fight there or gather resources-- just get a great building up to the highest level possible.

Lastly-- I am a she, not a he. The photo is not me but a friend's son.

DeletedUser511

Yeah seems like if there was 60,000 in the first world purging that one before making another one should have been the way to go. Out of 60,000 I wonder how many are still playing? I wonder if we lost half our players.