• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Remove "give neighborly help" quests in events

michmarc

These quests essentially punish you for being a good neighbor. If you regularly give neighborly help, then when the quest comes up, you have no way to complete it until the next day. On the other hand, if you are selfish player, then you will have neighbors available to help. These quests should exist in timed events.

Huor

I know it doesn't really deal with your suggestion, but what I do is always polish all of my fellowship regardless and any of my neighbors that return the favor, but I have many that I suspect are gone and will never polish and I leave them for these events so I always have a whole bunch at the ready.

Aritra

Another suggestion to consider...
I always do my NH in two halves.
"south in the morning and north at night"

For my FS, I divided it into two halves. In my FS the top 12 are "north at night" and bottom 12 are "south in the morning"

I do the same for my world map. My city is center and I chose to have "south" continue to the right of my city and everything below. Same for the rest: From city, to the left and up is "night."

The main reason I did it was to reduce the spike of income and NH benefits. Players have different ways they choose when and who to help (I help everyone available because I still benefit even if it goes unreciprocated). I happen to choose 7:00 pm/am and it can fluctuate up to an hour. Some players give help in response to receiving it and others have their own schedule. This way, my better culture pieces have a better chance at being near-continuously polished by avoiding everyone (majority) hitting at the same time (more or less), and then spelled culture sits wasted because most NH already came (and settled for something else when the "better" culture was already chosen) and won't be back until the next day, leaving those culture pieces unhelped for long periods. (Not sure if I explained this clearly, but hopefully you have the idea.) Right now, the map for my larger city takes seven-ish (that feels like fifteen-ish) minutes just to do the half. I just plan for it in my schedule (and if it repeatedly hindered by my schedule, I just adjust my chosen timing). Someday my map will become too large to feel worth it. It is already a bit laborious, but I don't expect to change this practice anytime soon.

I felt the same as you during my first event. I had to wait a whole day because I had just helped everybody soon before. What this means for me now is that when NH is quested, I don't have to wait more than 12 hrs max, rather than a whole day.

Last edited:

Gladiola

I do map visits to neighbors who don't visit me every 3 hours to get coins for the "produced advanced tools" quest when I've used up the coins collected from my residences and main hall or when my current NH is not giving a good boost for coins collected from my residences. I have enough discovered neighbors now that I don't cover the whole map with one round of the quest, so I almost always have some available.

Iyapo1

i am having trouble finding buildings to upgrade in cities ..visits are easy
Moonstone pieces? I swapped a few of the upgraded ones in my city for older pieces in my inventory. I am parked in chapter 7 right next to the orc wall...so having problems with the upgrade buildings and clearing encounters....I only have a few provinces left(not including emergency stash)

Gladiola

I'm having the opposite problem -- not enough event quests requiring province encounters that don't have easy alternatives. I still have 4 more provinces to clear before I can unlock chapter 5, and I don't think there are enough complete encounters quests left in the event to use them all up. I might have to complete province encounters without using them to complete event quests. The horror!

Gladiola

Main hall is usually one of the hardest for me to upgrade because it requires so much culture and population. I have residences to upgrade, so this is not a problem for me, but if it were I would find a space to put two level 1 marble manufactories and upgrade them all the way to level 5. it only takes a couple of hours and a minimal amount of resources and population/culture. Or even just build one, knock it down and rebuild it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
find a space to put two level 1 marble manufactories and upgrade them all the way to level 5. it only takes a couple of hours and a minimal amount of resources and population/culture. Or even just build one, knock it down and rebuild it.
Rather than knock it down I just use the same building for the whole event. Start the event with a level 4 planker and upgrade it twice per quest.

Gladiola

@SoggyShorts it costs materials other than supplies and coins to upgrade after level 3, and that offends my frugal heart. It's easier for me to justify upgrading marble factories since that is my boost, but the payoff period for upgrading tier 1 factories after level 3 is days or weeks, depending on relic boost. Plus it requires having available culture and population. For me it is more frugal to build it and knock it down. (You can complete all the quests in the same 1x2 or 2x1 space.) Your trick works well too though!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it costs materials other than supplies and coins to upgrade after level 3, and that offends my frugal heart.
Oh yeah, I forgot about costs lol. :oops:
I think most players should fall into 1 of 2 categories though:
1. Players in the lower chapters with loads of little buildings to upgrade that will actually help them
2. Players in higher chapters to whom a few hundred goods is nothing

DeletedUser20539

I think you misunderstood her.
She's saying that "visits are easy, compared to other quests."
For example, "upgrading buildings is harder" (when your wholecity is max level)
o_O Oooops I read her statement wrong! Thanks Soggy I'll go back to my corner now.