• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Remove settlement resource requirements for optional tech.

i8sh

Most chapter's optional research does not require settlement resources to unlock. There are two chapters with an exception to this rule (Chapter 10: City expansion #39 and chapter 16: Final fairy embassy, final dwarf embassy, improved meditation circle, union street, spire library and tournament arena).

In chapter 16, I can understand the requirements for the final embassies and meditation circle (which facilitate the production of the settlement goods); however, the other 4 techs mentionned (if all are not considered) should have their requirements modified to conform with the other chapters, or no longer be made as optional.

Pro: This will allow tech labelled as "optional" to become truly optional as a player could choose to do it at a later time in another chapter without rebuilding the settlement.

Con: Might upset some players who have already completed this tech.

It should be noted that a player could decide to use portal profits at a later time point while they are in another chapter, but I believe that they would still require that the portal be rebuilt to achieve this.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Quite a while back, Inno went back and changed a bunch of optional techs to no longer need guest race goods, so I wonder if they meant to change the one from chapter 10 and just forgot it when they did the rest of the ones that were not guest race-specific. This might be better as a bug report or maybe @helya can find out more.

i8sh

Yes I recall when they did the adjustment which is why this surprised me when I saw it was still present.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The optional Squad size researches were changed to no longer require Guest race goods when the Tournament formula was changed. This didn't apply to other optional researches at that time though.

i8sh

Someone must have seen this and listened to the suggestion. The optional requirements for CH16 have now all been modified to no longer require settlement resources. Only the CH10 one remains to be modified.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It's like a countdown. You begin with a list of important stuff to do and countdown as you check them off. In the end you usually find a couple-three things that should have been on the list but weren't. Kind of fun to watch real life patterns in game development.

AJ