• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Remove the "sell building" warning window for mediocre buildings

Palavyn

When we go to sell any building, a warning window pops up. I assume the purpose is to prevent selling a valuable building. However, when we need to sell 100 level 1 workshops, we get into a pattern of "OK'ing" the windows. This makes us vulnerable to mis-clicking and accidently selling a valuable building, thus defeating the purpose of the warning window. You can verify that several players have petitioned about accidently selling a valuable building, typically right after a FA.

I propose for players that are NOT in chapter 1 there be no warning window when clicking sell on any level 1 tier 1 manufactory, level 1 workshop, or expired building UNLESS doing so would waste resources. All other buildings would still have a warning window.

Summary changes for any player not in chapter 1:
Remove the popup warning ONLY for the following buildings, unless selling would waste resources. ALL other buildings would still have a popup warning.
*level 1 T1 manufactory
*level 1 workshop
*Expired building

ALTERNATIVELY, remove the incentive to build otherwise useless level 1 buildings by removing the corresponding badges from the FA.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This would be a nice change and would actually improve the warning aspect since we all become rather numb to the warning when deleting level 1 buildings and are actually more likey to click "accept" to delete something important after doing so 50+ times.

As a new player, I like the warning on my mediocre low level buildings.
Just expired buildings and level 1 shanty buildings would be enough. Also, like the "start all workshops" under settings you could set it to on/off as you like.

Iyapo1

Also, like the "start all workshops" under settings you could set it to on/off as you like.
It needs to be more like the "spend diamonds warning".
Click it off at your own peril and never see it again.

If you are not willing to endanger a building you value, why are you willing to endanger a chapter 1 players buildings?

Rocce Sqirl

If Palavyn's suggestion applied only to Level 1 Marble, Steel and Planks Factories, also Level 1 Workshops, (and perhaps also to expired buildings, although they may still provide culture and pop), it's really no big deal to rebuild one sold by mistake. Even for a noob, whose primary issue is space. Besides, someone in the first few chapters usually has a clear view of all his buildings while those in upper chapters are trying to sell off a building hidden by other buildings. I had a dozen Level 1 Marble factories. Only three were in plain view.
And THAT can be a key element of mis-clicks. It IS a big deal when a mis-click deletes a level 30 building right next door. I lost a top-level workshop that way. Took a lot of resources and a few weeks of time to rebuild it.

SoggyShorts

If you are not willing to endanger a building you value, why are you willing to endanger a chapter 1 players buildings?
What? How did you get that from my post?:oops:

Despite the fact that level 1 building takes between 10s and 1.5m whereas a max level wonder could take years to replace, of course the default setting would be to protect all buildings as it is now, I'm not sure how anyone would think it should be otherwise.

Last edited:

Kekune

I think it would be very, very helpful to offer a toggle, so players can choose whether this applies to all buildings or only those above a set point. High level players can have warnings apply only to buildings above level 1 (or whatever)... but would still have to be really careful around lvl 1 portals. Low level (or super cautious) players can have it apply to everything.

would actually improve the warning aspect since we all become rather numb to the warning when deleting level 1 buildings and are actually more likey to click "accept" to delete something important after doing so 50+ times.
This is what I think is most important. I've known a handful of people who accidentally sold off a high level wonder because they're basically conditioned to ignore the warning. When EVERYTHING gets a warning, you ignore them. I want a warning only on the things I really should think twice before selling.

SoggyShorts

When EVERYTHING gets a warning, you ignore them.
Yup. I saw a thing recently about how desensitized kids are to fire alarms. They went into houses and filmed the results of setting off the alarm and most kids just went back to sleep.

SoggyShorts

How is it a great tragedy to accidently sell a level 1 building that takes only 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes to build? Can you explain it to me?
It doesn't matter, if there is even the slightest chance that a suggestion could upset a single player you're gonna get beat up by white knights on these forums.
Just change the original post to add in the toggle option that is set to "confirmation required" as a default.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am totally fine with getting rid of the warning for L1 buildings only. I just spent a good bit of time rebuilding my 3 cities from the fellowship adventure. A large part of that time was spent on clicking yes to the sell warning for L1 workshops and manufactories. As mentioned above, even a new player can easily replace a L1 if sold by mistake. Obviously the sell warning needs to stay for things that are hard or impossible to replace such as high level buildings, ancient wonders, or evolving buildings.

Iyapo1

How is it a great tragedy to accidently sell a level 1 building that takes only 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes to build? Can you explain it to me?
Take Soggys advice and add the toggle.

Chapter 1 players often have to wait on production cycles to build those level 1 buildings. Your attitude of oh boo hoo big deal so what is kinda funny considering the fact that you want the programmers to save you from exercising 5 minutes of caution several times a year.

Last edited:

Aritra

I think it would be very, very helpful to offer a toggle, so players can choose whether this applies to all buildings or only those above a set point. High level players can have warnings apply only to buildings above level 1 (or whatever)... but would still have to be really careful around lvl 1 portals. Low level (or super cautious) players can have it apply to everything.
I like this idea. Choice of level of caution. I appreciate the warning such that it has not yet become an annoyance. I wish everything had a warning (except maybe footpaths, hmm).

For example, I was clearing out a patch of lvl.1's (placed for FA) and accidentally deleted part of my road (not at all negligent but can happen easily with a lot of small things near roads). It was not a free road. Pay to replace. Ugh

This has happened quite infrequently but it is annoying to lose something you weren't aiming to sell. We all know (I assume, lol) that sometimes it takes more than one try to grab the correct small item when rearranging (then put it back and click the adjacent). At least that click, I could put it back if I selected the wrong one. The road didn't give me a chance to abort the sale. I only noticed (pretty quickly) because several items started flashing that they'd become disconnected from the Hall. At first, I couldn't figure out why because I wasn't relocating roads, or in move mode for that matter. Upon closer look I saw that a road tile was not just moved out of place, it was gone. Apparently I sold it. I didn't know I did it. Would have been nice to be given opportunity to abort. Grrrr Oh well.

Collateral damage? Strategize to minimize, but inevitable? *sigh*

edit: Yes, I realize roads are not buildings, but they are items to be placed and cost (except footpaths) and so I believe they should be granted same protections against accidental sales.

Last edited:

Aritra

I propose there be no warning window when selling any level 1 tier 1 manufactory, level 1 workshop, or expired building UNLESS doing so would waste resources. All other buildings would still have a warning window.
How do you judge what is wasting resources? Nearly everything costs and/or contributes. There is both loss and gain with [nearly] every placement and removal. Are you quantifying when waste is worthy of protection?

Aritra

I like the idea if the Soggy toggle is added to the proposal before voting starts.
"the Soggy toggle" :cool:

@SoggyShorts this is a thing, now LMAO haha

@Yogi Dave not picking on [what is probably] an innocent reference... just struck me as funny

Just watch... maybe, just maybe... this feature will be forever known as "the Soggy toggle"
And newer players will be so confused... Soggy what? What does wet have to do with it? I don't get it...... o_O

hvariidh gwendrot

i'm not sure i would run a stop sign because i've seen so many before and thus immune to the warning .. accidents will always happen so maybe both .. a multi function but with a pop up for a "make sure" before clicking and split the baby

SoggyShorts

How do you judge what is wasting resources? Nearly
Wasting resources is when your coin or supply storage is full so selling a building would waste the resources that you get for the sale.
"the Soggy toggle" :cool:
@SoggyShorts this is a thing, now LMAO haha
This has been a thing for a while, y'all are just starting to admit that you want it.:oops: