• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Remove the "sell building" warning window for mediocre buildings

Rocce Sqirl

If you are not willing to endanger a building you value, why are you willing to endanger a chapter 1 players buildings?
Nobody is trying to "endanger" a "Chapter 1 player's buildings." It is physically impossible for a player to endanger or otherwise sell off another player's buildings. <sheesh!>
We are trying to eliminate the repetitive need to confirm a sale of OUR OWN *LEVEL ONE* Buildings, which we build during Fellowship Adventures to make lots of goods and tools.
I had seven Level 1 Marble factories in a space totally hidden behind five Level 27 Planks factories. The FA is over so now I need to delete them. The way it would work is I have the dollar sign up and I click on one it's gone. But if perchance I clicked one of my Planks instead, I'd still get the warning.

Aritra

Before, I wanted the ability to choose to have warning on any/all category of building. While I still believe this choice is valuable, I have been convinced in the likely harmlessness of accidental level one sales and so no longer feel their protection is necessary.

HOWEVER, I would like to see roads that require goods (ex: not footpaths) be granted protections since their sales do not result in the return of the goods resource needed to purchase/repurchase in the event of accidental deletion, especially roads requiring non-standard goods (ex: dwarven streets, etc).

Iyapo1

Nobody is trying to "endanger" a "Chapter 1 player's buildings." It is physically impossible for a player to endanger or otherwise sell off another player's buildings. <sheesh!>
We are trying to eliminate the repetitive need to confirm a sale of OUR OWN *LEVEL ONE* Buildings, which we build during Fellowship Adventures
Chapter 1 and chapter 2 players have a lot of *LEVEL ONE* buildings.

The original suggestion:
I propose there be no warning window when selling any level 1 tier 1 manufactory, level 1 workshop
Would endanger low level players' buildings.

This idea, as is, is not okay.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

The original suggestion:

And they'd be devasted if they had to wait 10 seconds to replace that workshop, right?
I'm pretty sure you're overstating the importance of shielding players from this insignificant danger.

Also, do they really have a lot of them? I'm not seeing that. The tutorial is full of upgrade quests and on top of that players hardly delete anything in the first week of play.

Nah, I'm more and more convinced that you're jumping at shadows here.

Iyapo1

And they'd be devasted if they had to wait 10 seconds to replace that workshop, right?

Chapter 1 players get like 88 coins an hour from their houses. A workshop cost like 500 coins. It will take them more than 10 seconds to recover from accidentally deleting a building.

on top of that players hardly delete anything in the first week of play.

With the happy little warning in place I would bet money chapter 1 players delete more buildings by mistake in a month than the rest of the player base does in a year.

The suggestion that that warning be completely removed...yeah, no.

Yogi Dave

Chapter 1 players get like 88 coins an hour from their houses. A workshop cost like 500 coins. It will take them more than 10 seconds to recover from accidentally deleting a building.
The suggestion that that warning be completely removed...yeah, no.
I'm hoping @Palavyn will see the several posts about adding a toggle to enable the suggested feature and update the suggestion. The default must be disabled since new players probably won't know to look for such a feature. As I said in an earlier post, I'd vote no without such a switch (which I called the Soggy toggle since it was his suggestion). As @Iyapo1 says, it's not the time to rebuild. It's the coin cost. New players find lots of reasons to abandon the game after a day or two or less. Those that stay a week getting their feet wet in the game don't need something discouraging them from continuing to play.

Deleted User - 1178646

When we go to sell any building, a warning window pops up. I assume the purpose is to prevent selling a valuable building. However, when we need to sell 100 level 1 workshops, we get into a pattern of "OK'ing" the windows. In addition to being a tedious waste of time, it makes us vulnerable to mis-clicking and accidently selling a valuable building, thus partially defeating the purpose of the warning window.

I propose there be no warning window when selling any level 1 tier 1 manufactory, level 1 workshop, or expired building UNLESS doing so would waste resources. All other buildings would still have a warning window.

who/how decides what is and what isn't a useless building.

Because this is very subjective depending on the person.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think they should just have in the settings the ability to set your own comfort level. "Show building delete warning for building above level ___" and you fill in your comfort level.

Or perhaps, when you go to delete any level 1 building there could be a check box with "Delete all level 1 workshops?" (or whatever the building is) Like setting production you do it all at once. Then a single warning: "Are you sure you want to delete all 345,256 level 1 Workshops?" LOL.

Either way it would make cleaning up after an FA much easier.

AJ

SoggyShorts

I think they should just have in the settings the ability to set your own comfort level. "Show building delete warning for building above level ___" and you fill in your comfort level.
Or perhaps, when you go to delete any level 1 building there could be a check box with "Delete all level 1 workshops?" (or whatever the building is) Like setting production you do it all at once. Then a single warning: "Are you sure you want to delete all 345,256 level 1 Workshops?" LOL.
Either way it would make cleaning up after an FA much easier.
AJ
Better, but way beyond the abilities of Inno's programmers though. At least in any time-frame where it happens before I look like Santa.
I'd like a "sell all footpaths" button too. With (gasp!) no warning!

I actually asked @konniver recently for a "sell all level 1 turds" feature on elven architect... wanna make a wager on who implements it first?:p

Silver Lady

For example, I was clearing out a patch of lvl.1's (placed for FA) and accidentally deleted part of my road (not at all negligent but can happen easily with a lot of small things near roads). It was not a free road. Pay to replace. Ugh

Sorry, but I so disagree. The last thing I want is a warning msg for deleting roads. I don’t care if they cost me goods or not, no warning please.

Yes please, no warning for selling level 1 manufactures and workshops with the Soggy toggle option.[\B]

Aritra

Sorry, but I so disagree. The last thing I want is a warning msg for deleting roads. I don’t care if they cost me goods or not, no warning please.

Yes please, no warning for selling level 1 manufactures and workshops with the Soggy toggle option.[\B]
I was confused by your ending there..... I understand why you don't want a warning to delete roads, but this goes again back to the [generally, I think] popular idea to include the Soggy toggle so that those who want the protections can have it and those who don't can turn it off. I'm very much want the toggle to be included, but I also want roads (non footpaths) to be granted the same protections as buildings.

SoggyShorts

but I also want roads (non footpaths) to be granted the same protections as buildings.
With a Soggy toggle, I'd be ok with that. In later chapters, it's not uncommon to nuke all old roads and then re-arrange your entire town before putting down new, better roads. So without an "off" switch that would be way too many "confirm" windows.

It's an interesting parallel to this idea though.
There's no protection for roads currently, on any level, and yet the players have survived. But for some reason, the game would be crippled if a new player deleted a workshop by accident.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kekune

In later chapters, it's not uncommon to nuke all old roads and then re-arrange your entire town before putting down new, better roads.
Fwiw, it's been several chapters since I could afford to replace large swaths of road all at once. Though Inno recently changed the costs for the last couple of chapters, so who knows now.

Deleted User - 1178646

With a Soggy toggle, I'd be ok with that. In later chapters, it's not uncommon to nuke all old roads and then re-arrange your entire town before putting down new, better roads. So without an "off" switch that would be way too many "confirm" windows.

There's no protection for roads currently, on any level, and yet the players have survived. But for some reason, the game would be crippled if a new player deleted a workshop by accident.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did get a warning was was to eager,

I destroyed a level 35 needles not to long ago by accedent.
You do not wanna know how often I got saved by that toggle and how often I accedentely I destroyed a road instead of a building.

The main difference between a road and a building is
  • A road can be instantly build back
  • A building ties up a builder, and can take up to weeks / months to rebuild if you are unlucky.
That warning message is there for a damn good reason. and since I accedentely destroyed my needles you can be ware that for the comming time I am taking good care of that message the comming time, no matter how many buildings I need to whack.

That mistake hurts.

SoggyShorts

That warning message is there for a damn good reason. and since I accedentely destroyed my needles you can be ware that for the comming time I am taking good care of that message the comming time, no matter how many buildings I need to whack.
That warning is there for a good reason on buildings other than level 1 workshops and factories.
There's a good chance that if you didn't have to deal with that warning for the 10,000 level 1 workshops that you have sold over the years that you would have paid more attention when the warning popped up on your level 35 needles.

Your brain works on patterns. The pattern you teach it under the current system 99.99% of the time is to ignore the sell buildings warning.

I would even go so far as to increase the warning on buildings that actually matter like wonders and maybe evolving:
Make a pop-up where you have to type the word "DELETE" and click confirm. Other games have it and it works beautifully.

Kekune

Make a pop-up where you have to type the word "DELETE" and click confirm. Other games have it and it works beautifully.
Yes! Even if you had to toggle it on for a specific building, this would be great. Every single time I switch into sell mode on mobile I have a momentary thought that today will be the day I accidentally sell my fire phoenix. I really wish I could effectively shield it and other key buildings from accidental loss. I do not trust the current system; if I simply fumble my phone at the wrong time I could easily approve the warning without meaning to.

Aritra

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Perhaps shrugged it off that it was "just a road" and the rules applied to buildings and accepted that loss as reality, which is odd because people get so worked up at any perceived loss. I really think they should have the same protections, though...

[And another thing about roads, when we visit others' cities we can tap or hover over buildings and see what they are... Really wish I could do the same for road tiles. Sometimes I see tiles I'm unfamiliar with and really want to know what it is. The item picture in building interface doesn't show more than one tile connected and a single tile really doesn't show what it would look like down so when I see a road I like, I want to know which to lay or look forward to accessing. And that's my third road concern: sample pictures should show what three look like in a row, whether it still shows a single or not (and clearly state that purchase is for single tile though three are shown). Not critical or world shattering, or even a priority, but roads shouldn't be overlooked for just being a road!
hmmm That's Aritra, getting worked up about things people shrug at, lol But, surely, I can't be the only one who has thought about this!]

Rocce Sqirl

The original suggestion:

I take your point, Lyapo. However, in chapter 1 or 2 it really is not an issue because the buildings are all so small they are easily seen. The problem in the higher chapters is they they are NOT easily seen. Often not visible at all.

Palavyn

Sorry it seemed like most people didn't like this idea so I didn't check back for a while. I edited the original proposal to only apply to players that are NOT in chapter 1 because I don't like the idea of a toggle. I also clarified this only applies to level ONE manufactories and level ONE workshops. Everything else still gets a warning popup.

I still don't see the logic in how this negatively affects a chapter 1 player unless they let their toddler play with their phone. They can upgrade the manufactories and workshops they want to keep, so there would be a warning popup. I went back and looked at my abandoned chapter 1 city, and there is just no need to sell stuff off. Once you develop that need, you have plenty of resources to rebuild any level 1 building. But anyways, I edited the original proposal so that chapter 1 players are not affected.