1. Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team
    Dismiss Notice

City Removing cities

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Koochulu, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Gath Of Baal

Gath Of Baal Well-Known Member

Yes I know that , and I have said it several times.. more power to the person who wants to make several accounts and keep track of them all

2. Loki Lyesmith

Loki Lyesmith Active Member

But why should anyone have to make multiple accounts? And how does what they do with their cities affect you in any way?

3. Gath Of Baal

I never once said it was cheating.. you did put that word in my mouth not me

4. Loki Lyesmith

The first statement was made in extreme sarcasm. Yes, I asked for clarification, which should be a good thing. No, you did not directly say you believe it is cheating, but it comes across that way to me.

So I misconstrued your meaning. I apologize for that. However, I still believe we should be able to delete the cities we don't want. It shouldn't matter to another player, because it doesn't affect them. You assume they intend to "game the system", but you have no way of knowing their intent.

5. Gath Of Baal

The OP put forth an idea in a game forum that is open to discussion weather it be positive or negative feedback.. I stated that I feel it would be used to "Game The System" which is my opinion even if its an assumption
    And no it doesn't effect me in a single way, and I could care less if people used it to get the boosts they desired, but it still doesn't change my opinion on what I think would happen..
    I am at a place in this game were I am in a fellowship of one, my main city I have sold off all my workshops , factories and houses. I have literally tens of millions in goods saved up, all I need comes from Wonders or neighborly visits. so it has no effect on me whatsoever.. but it is still my opinion though

6. Palavyn

Palavyn New Member

This would be a good solution so that we are around more players who actively play on our server.

In addition to this, on the start-up screen, worlds could be arranged according to CHAPTER the player is in on that world. This would (eventually) put the player's active city or cities first.

Koochulu likes this.
  7. Ashrem

Ashrem Well-Known Member

I'll put in my semi-monthly agitation for a dynamic map. Every week, the map splits in the middle (both directions diagonally, to form an "X". The split is the width of one repeat of the map possibilities, so (I think) 18 rows wide. Everyone who logged in this week moves in a row, everyone who doesn't log in moves out a row. You'd tend to stick near the same active players, but every week you'd get a different mix of inactive neighbours, or neighbours who were inactive for one week. After a year or two, all of the inactive cities would be on the outside of the map. it would drive logins, and make the centre of the map increasingly active and competitive.

samidodamage likes this.
  8. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

@Loki Lyesmith
    I'm mostly with @Gath Of Baal on this one.
    Some boosts are objectively better than others like anyone with a 1x2 tier 1 such as marble or elven planks.
    For event quests such as "make 15x3h", and "upgrade 5 buildings to level 5 nothing beats elven planks.
    Also, having 3 linked boosts makes early tournaments easier, as does having them evenly spread over the 9 week cycle.

Therefore, objectively, elven planks silk gems is the best boost combination to have, and players who know any or all of this may be tempted to delete and repeat until they get it.
    Also who doesn't like the wiggly trees?
    Imbalances could of course follow.

Adding in a delay or other penalty for deleting and repeating should mitigate this possible issue.

samidodamage likes this.
  9. Vergazi

Vergazi New Member

I think the truth is that If players could easily and quickly delete unwanted cities, the world maps would quickly become depopulated wastelands with cities surrounded by nothing. No neighbors at all to give help to or to get help from. That's as far as my dumb Vergazi brain will take me on this issue.

10. Loki Lyesmith

If players could delete the cities they no longer want, the vacant spots would be filled up with new cities, exactly as they are when the in-game algorithm deletes abandoned cities, or someone deletes their account.

shimmerfly, Ashrem and RosehawkATA like this.
  11. Vergazi

Vergazi New Member

What is the game criteria as regards 'abandonment' in terms of time?

12. Ashrem

Ashrem Well-Known Member

Mostly speculation on players' part.
    They won't delete if it's past Chapter 4
    They won't delete if there are enough purchased diamonds attached to the account (probably about 500)
    They won't delete if it's been logged into in the last month
    They run the deletes (apparently) at random, so you might not log in for a couple of months and still find your tiny city there if they didn't do a pass while you were gone.

Loki Lyesmith likes this.
  13. Loki Lyesmith

What @Ashrem said. :D After a city has been deleted, @Vergazi, a 'money pit' takes up that space until a new neighbor moves in, so you can still collect coin every 24 hours. It's not the same amount you would get from aiding a city, but it's better than nothing. :)

14. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

Update on this, a CM on the EN forums posted that the criteria was
    Chapter 3 = protected forever
    Any purchased diamonds ever = protected forever
    https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/your-worlds-experience.9000/page-2#post-53902

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 2:57 PM