• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rename "Ancient Grounds" to "Ancestral Grounds"

Rename "Ancient Grounds" to "Ancestral Grounds"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Added Poll 7/11
Using the word "Ancient: in the Dwarven culture building "Ancient Grounds" is sets up confusion for players. With Ancient Wonders being an integral part of the game, they should be clearly isolated from other buildings, in particular when there is a quest to place Ancient Grounds in your city without any clarity on where to find it. Renaming the building to "Ancestral Grounds" resolves an avenue of confusion.

Benefits: Immediate additional clarity for players with a low overhead for implementation.

Cons: None. this is a trivial change that immediately improves player experience. No programming is required. No artwork changes are required. The buidling does not interact with other buildings in any way. The only adjustments are database entries need renaming in the building list, Quest list, and Wiki.

1593964543688.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fayeanne

Technically the downside/con is that prior guides that are no longer being maintained/updated may continue to mention "Ancient Grounds" and confuse people. (But this is already the case with so many other things that have changed in the game, so, enh.)

"It's not ancient; I just made it!"

Yogi Dave

Technically the downside/con is that prior guides that are no longer being maintained/updated may continue to mention "Ancient Grounds" and confuse people. (But this is already the case with so many other things that have changed in the game, so, enh.)
I like the 'enh' and agree with it.
The tech tree should be added as needing to be updated since there is the Ancient Grounds tech.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Per @PaNonymeB just noting "Ancient Rune" in case people want to brainstorm on an alternative for that. It is doubly problematic because both "Ancient" and "Rune" overlap other things within the game.

Tribal Totem / Totem of the Ancestors / Monument of ? / Cipher of the Ancestors / Ancestral Keystone / Rosetta Gate

1594000557110.png
1594001190698.png

truelinor

Ancient Ground is fine by me. I have never either been confused by it nor have I ever had a conversation with anyone else who was confused by it. I think the confusion might come when things start changing names.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I never see anyone asking about this or being confused, maybe because it comes that far into the game. But the one I do see a lot of confusion over is the Elf culture building Ancient Runes. Since this is researched and unlocked very early, I think in chapter 2, a lot of new players ask if it is something to do with the AWs they just researched or how to find this rune, again thinking it is connected to an AW. Now, someone who has only played human cities will never have this problem, but there are a lot of elf players out there.