• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Renovation Kits/Store Building Kits for Event Buildings

The Unbeliever

We've had these for a good while now in Forge of Empires, and I think we should see these ported over to Elvenar as well, as they are hugely popular items!

In both my cities, (1 human, 1 elf), despite having played in & completed the Halloween, Winter Festival, Valentines, Easter & now the Charming Tree events, I have placed exactly 2 event specific buildings in my cities... (a Lava Codex in my human city, and the 1st 'grand prize' from the Easter event in my elf city)
I would love to place way more of these buildings, but I don't, simply because I don't want to be forced into deleting them within a chapter or so additional game play, as they very quickly become obsolete. :(

So, why not give us an 'upgrade kit' item that would let us keep our event-only buildings around, by allowing this new item to 'level-up' a chosen event building by 1 chapter/age?
Likewise, a 'store building kit' that would allow players to deposit a special event building back into their inventory, so that we don't lose these forever when having to routinely re-arrange our cities to accommodate new building sizes/guest races, etc...

This would still keep the event specific buildings at a disadvantage to the regular 'up-to-date' normal culture buildings, but would at least allow players to keep their favourite event buildings from becoming massive anchors that hold your city back after a couple of chapters.

Cheers!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So, why not give us an 'upgrade kit' item that would let us keep our event-only buildings around, by allowing this new item to 'level-up' a chosen event building by 1 chapter/age?
Many of us are hoping that this is what blueprints will be used for in the future.
Likewise, a 'store building kit' that would allow players to deposit a special event building back into their inventory, so that we don't lose these forever when having to routinely re-arrange our cities to accommodate new building sizes/guest races, etc...
This answers your own question, re-arranging your city is supposed to be difficult according to the developers.
For example when you upgrade your plank buildings from level 19 to 20 they change like this:
ruwgph.jpg

So if you want to upgrade your building, the game challenges you by forcing you to redesign your city to make the new shape/orientation fit.
If rotation was allowed, then that challenge would be completely ruined.

As for storage,
one of the other challenges the game has is referred to as the "sliding puzzle". If you want to move several buildings you need to plan carefully and move the pieces in a logical way. Allowing storage of buildings would again, destroy this challenge.
sliding puzzle combo.png
If you'd like to read more on the subject, feel free to have a read in any of these threads on the subject:

The Unbeliever

Don't get me wrong, I *always* leave at least a couple of expansions open for re-arranging my cities! ;)
But as we do have them FoE, it would be nice if we could get the same here, but like FoE, limit them to only working on the special event only buildings.

I do enjoy them bigger challenge in city organisation that Elvenar offers vs. FoE, (where my main enjoyment comes from looting & pillaging my lazy as feth neighbours who never help me!>:) ), but it always been a personal pet peeve that Inno hasn't yet given us a way to 'save' our event buildings, especially considering how quickly things become obsolete in this game.

Maybe part of it comes from the fact I'm a long time, die-hard JRPG player, where half the fun/challenge is in collecting 100% (or close to it!) of the items in the game?!
I just don't want to place my event buildings at all, knowing full well that within a month or so I'll be forced by the basic game progression to delete them all & lose them forever!

Risen Malchiah

I would like to upgrade some of my outdated event buildings as well. Most of the ones I have from the winter festival are getting old, but I've only kept the ones that give population. Getting rid of them isn't viable til I have something better to replace them.

Culture buildings will often get replaced within a few chapters or months. Population buildings or stuff like orc nests and orc strategists are still nifty though.

edeba

I've just ended up selling older event building as they become a liability rather than a help.

Risen Malchiah

I have done that as well but I still have 2140 population and culture coming from my old winter buildings. The culture would be easily replaced with something more efficient, but the population is harder to replace. Those 5 buildings take up 61 squares total. Being in fairies, I'm not sure what I could replace those with yet that would be more efficient other than better event buildings.

SoggyShorts

I have done that as well but I still have 2140 population and culture coming from my old winter buildings. The culture would be easily replaced with something more efficient, but the population is harder to replace. Those 5 buildings take up 61 squares total. Being in fairies, I'm not sure what I could replace those with yet that would be more efficient other than better event buildings.
TL;DR: Chapter 7 winter stars are better than chapter 10 houses(level 25)

I just started chapter 10, and I still have my chapter 7 winter stars.
At 111 pop/square and no road required they still beat out my chapter 9 level 23 houses that are 100/sq and need roads/culture.
In fact, a level 25 house gives 1820 pop, and needs 15 squares. If you add in 1.5 roads that's 16.5 squares, making it 110.3 pop/sq.

I'm really hoping for a major event right as I finish chapter 10

Risen Malchiah

Good to know. What about chapter 3 winter stars now that I'm almost done with chapter 7? They still seem pretty good at 390 (43/sq). I'm sure they'll get replaced at some point, but I'm hoping there's a summer festival around the corner.

SoggyShorts

Good to know. What about chapter 3 winter stars now that I'm almost done with chapter 7? They still seem pretty good at 390 (43/sq). I'm sure they'll get replaced at some point, but I'm hoping there's a summer festival around the corner.
Well, your level 19 houses are about 68/sq (61 counting a road).

So far most event pop buildings were good for the chapter you are in +2, with the ones from winter being +3. The latest disappointment: Phoenix cults. Those became inefficient the very next chapter in most cases.

Right now you could already be replacing winter stars, but it will take a huge amount of time to upgrade houses from zero to max, so keep those fingers crossed for a big event.

Risen Malchiah

My Phoenix cults are 1090c 820p which isn't bad for a 5x4 building. I imagine I'll be keeping them for a while considering how costly residences have become for a mere 30-40 pop per level (at least in fairies).

SoggyShorts

My Phoenix cults are 1090c 820p which isn't bad for a 5x4 building. I imagine I'll be keeping them for a while considering how costly residences have become for a mere 30-40 pop per level (at least in fairies).
Right, it's in orcs that you will be under. 12 squares(plus 1.5 roads) gives 900 pop in orcs. That 6.5 square difference per is a pretty big loss. That's the situation I'm in now on Beta. 4 PC are costing me an entire expansion.

DeletedUser7370

Right, it's in orcs that you will be under. 12 squares(plus 1.5 roads) gives 900 pop in orcs. That 6.5 square difference per is a pretty big loss. That's the situation I'm in now on Beta. 4 PC are costing me an entire expansion.
You are forgetting to include the culture required to support those residences.

SoggyShorts

You are forgetting to include the culture required to support those residences.
Yep, that's the easiest way to do it. When comparing event buildings with normal residences as long as the event buildings gives close to the same pop/sq it's automatically better because of the culture. Once you start to lose around 10-20% pop/sq vs a res it's time to consider ditching the event building.
Remember, half of what culture does is increase your coins from residences, so switching from event to res may cost culture but still be a net gain in coins.

jdcook101

We've had these for a good while now in Forge of Empires, and I think we should see these ported over to Elvenar as well, as they are hugely popular items!

In both my cities, (1 human, 1 elf), despite having played in & completed the Halloween, Winter Festival, Valentines, Easter & now the Charming Tree events, I have placed exactly 2 event specific buildings in my cities... (a Lava Codex in my human city, and the 1st 'grand prize' from the Easter event in my elf city)
I would love to place way more of these buildings, but I don't, simply because I don't want to be forced into deleting them within a chapter or so additional game play, as they very quickly become obsolete. :(

This would still keep the event specific buildings at a disadvantage to the regular 'up-to-date' normal culture buildings, but would at least allow players to keep their favourite event buildings from becoming massive anchors that hold your city back after a couple of chapters.

Cheers!
but then you wouldn't buy an expansion ,,

The Unbeliever

I ain't buying any expansions anyways - too damn expensive!! I'd rather spend a bit of money every now & then on one or two premium cultures I really, really like.;)
(for my b-day, I'm hoping for a Battle Arena in my human city, as 145'ish culture/square is pretty damn good, and it'll fit nicely right beside my builders hut.)

Risen Malchiah

The first few expansions are actually pretty affordable and a good investment. I will admit though that I really like the design of the Battle Arena.