• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Repeat Encounters

HonuMoana

In order to help players improve their battle strategy, it would be nice to repeat specific encounters. This could be a change to the existing pop-up, giving players the choice to repeat the encounter. I have often wanted to be able to do this. I would be willing to pay for the privilege. There would be no additional rewards from repeating, and any expenditures or losses would still count for the original encounter and any repeats. This would be an opportunity for battle practice only, or for the fun of completely owning the game AI.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I sort of agree that repeating an encounter can help improve your fighting ability, however, the cost seems a bit prohibitive to me. Perhaps, as suggesed in another thread, there could be a "tournament practice arena" where, after your first attempt, by clicking on "practice" you could be taken to the practice arena. Once you figured it out you could then go back and carry on. You wouldn't be allowed to redo things unless you lost the first round so it couldn't be used as a way to figure out how to win or minimize your loses and, since the redo would only be for if you lost the first round, you'd have already paid, so to speak, for the opportunity of trying other things.

That's my suggestion -- pretty much in line with your goals, I think.

AJ

ajqtrz

ElvenArchitect -> Battle Simulator

You are right, there is a simulator....but it's tedious. Imagine you just clicked on "Practice" and your troop choices were inserted, their troops, the squad sized and everything else, including current boosts of all the types since they need to know that to actually fight the battle. Then all you'd have to adjust to try different scenario's is you troop types. I do wonder if the simulator accounts for boosts you have as well? 2 ELR could throw things off a bit if it doesn't.

AJ

BrinDarby

Plus @ajqtrz ,
the battle simulator has better AI than the game does, and even offers
choices as far as strategy goes. I wish Elvenar offered those AI options
cause if they did maybee auto-battle might become more usefull. For
now I'll stick to manual battle, plus is saves troops.

ajqtrz

Plus @ajqtrz ,
the battle simulator has better AI than the game does, and even offers
choices as far as strategy goes. I wish Elvenar offered those AI options
cause if they did maybee auto-battle might become more usefull. For
now I'll stick to manual battle, plus is saves troops.

But if it has a "better AI" doesn't that decrease accuracy? I'm not sure a better AI is a good idea in a battle simulator since it's supposed to be simulating what would happen in the game.

AJ

BrinDarby

But if it has a "better AI" doesn't that decrease accuracy?
Not exactly, you can choose the lame AI choice the game uses, or other ones better than the Game AI.
I just wanted to let ppl know the battle simulator goes way beyond the game's AI, and maybee thier
choices should be incorporated into the game's auto battle system, even if we never know which AI
the game is using......

Also as far as difficulty, allowing those choices for the "game's AI" would make battles alot more interesting
not knowing which critera a specific battle is using against you, and yes it really does make a difference in outcome.