• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Repeatable Quest Renovation

DeletedUser20951

Simple idea, to change the format of cycled chapter quests to be either the same, exactly, as the new style for Fellowship Adventures, or at least similar (say, being able to select which quest from a list, specifically, that you want to work on). You could argue that enduring the present repetitious torture is the actual cost of the benefits rendered, but I think it is an unpleasantly designed feature that does more harm than good in terms of adding enjoyment to the game. It is a punishment (subjectively). I suspect it contributes to burnout for those, like myself, who struggle with resisting the urge to complete optional tasks. It would not give anyone an unfair advantage (that I can think of), but would be to the general enrichment of all players.

(credit to @tyghe for, unintentionally and possibly unwantedly, prompting me to make this thread)

DeletedUser5676

People abuse the repeatable quests. They should increase the number of story-line quests and just get rid of the extra fluff. Then there'd be no more need for people to complain about how hard they are to cycle through quickly.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
They used to be needed for the extra supplies, but that was before they came out with pop spells and more recently supply instants to help with supply shortages. Now there really is no need for them in the game, IMO.
I know your going to say putting pop spells on and doing 5 minute productions is boring, as you go back to the game and cycle through the same 20 quests to complete the same one for the 10,000 time!:p
Now with the one click setting and collecting on mobile it is quicker if done there and putting them on before collecting your 9 hour over night productions is the less painful way to get some extra supplies.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 312108

Sometimes I do them, sometimes I ignore them including the quests that are 'required' for a chapter :) I do decline a lot of the optional quests, especially those that require 1 day factory productions. I do not factor them in my need for supplies, but I have rarely had an issue of not having max supplies and typically do warehouse purchases of both gold and supplies on a daily basis.

DeletedUser5676

How can there be abuse when it was designed to be used.
Cars are designed to be used to. That doesn't mean we have to sit in our cars while paying for and pickup up fatburgers and while getting more money out of the atm so we can go get more fatburgers. People will abuse anything.

Socrates28

Please give me an example of just how these repeatable quests are abused! Not a rant about mythical “fat burgers” which avoids answering the question @edsparrowpfo asked.
If I choose to do the repetative task of a quest 100 times for the stated reward and you do it 10 times for that reward, cycling through all the unwanted ones, then each of us get exactly the reward we put the effort in to receive. Compared to a player who only does it once, we are both abusing the repeatable quests, just as you are accusing me of the same abuse because I do it 100 times and you 10!
Comparisons of unfairness are only valid if some are shut out and others are not. The quests are there for all equally and the reward we get is directly proportional to the work we put into it. Equality of work is exactly equel to the equality of the reward.

DeletedUser5676

If I choose to do the repetative task of a quest 100 times for the stated reward and you do it 10 times for that reward
You can't do most of the quests more than a dozen or so times at once because of the need to gain things with each quest. But you can do it as many times as you want if you set up a small city and put it in your fellowship to take it's bad trades and feed it thousands of goods so that it can repeat the quests like "gain forty of this" or "gain 100 of that," to have more coin and tools to do the gain relics and finish provinces. You can push a small city forward very fast, which is an abuse. I watched it happen with a neighbor who constantly put up larger and larger and larger awful trades over the course of a few days, and they were all snapped up within a few minutes at most by the one large city in their fellowship. In a few days they got to the point where they could build wonders, and didn't. Then over the course of a month I checked a few times and watched that and the other small cities in the laughably-named fellowship pour hundreds of KP into the large citiy's AWs.

DeletedUser20951

In a few days they got to the point where they could build wonders, and didn't. Then over the course of a month I checked a few times and watched that and the other small cities in the laughably-named fellowship pour hundreds of KP into the large citiy's AWs.
Players willing to cheat will cheat, but I get how this would make it easier to. Any ideas on what to replace the boosted goods quest requirements with? Because I do think this pushing method should be removed, but I also don't want to keep suffering through a seriously flawed questing system.

*sighs* And, yes, before anybody points out that I don't have to do these quests, I know, but I like the concept and firmly believe that if the repeatable quests are made enjoyable, they will be an asset to the game, instead of either a mind-numbing deterrent or an ignored feature. Remember when you were brand new to Elvenar and thought the quests were pretty cool, you know, before you realized how horribly wrong you were? Yeah, I'd prefer that the "horribly wrong" part went away.

Shoot, giving it a tiny bit more thought, just cut out those three quests. If I had a choice between keeping the setup as is or having a smoother, less grating quest structure with less quests, I'd pick the later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5676

Any ideas on what to replace the boosted goods quest requirements with?
No. I already said I think repeating quests should be gone entirely so I haven't thought about adding others.

They could put one or two full sets of the repeatable quests in between each of the story quests and just turn over both quest givers to the story line. Every chapter has 25 to 100 story quests so adding one repeatable set in between each would give about 250 to 1000 quests per chapter with no way to get more. If they wanted to be nice they could add a setting option to turn off the fluff so those who don't want to see them would skip everything but the main quest line until they felt like turning it on again

Socrates28

You can't do most of the quests more than a dozen or so times at once because of the need to gain things with each quest. But you can do it as many times as you want if you set up a small city and put it in your fellowship to take it's bad trades and feed it thousands of goods so that it can repeat the quests like "gain forty of this" or "gain 100 of that," to have more coin and tools to do the gain relics and finish provinces. You can push a small city forward very fast, which is an abuse. I watched it happen with a neighbor who constantly put up larger and larger and larger awful trades over the course of a few days, and they were all snapped up within a few minutes at most by the one large city in their fellowship. In a few days they got to the point where they could build wonders, and didn't. Then over the course of a month I checked a few times and watched that and the other small cities in the laughably-named fellowship pour hundreds of KP into the large citiy's AWs.
I think you are placing far too much emphesis on rank and growth by viewing yourself in some kind of competition with these pepole. You are not unless you choose to be. And if that is the case that is your choice.
If someone wants to run their cities in the manner you describe, and thank you for the concrete example I asked for, what is that to you? It is within the parameters of the game design and used to excess does allow for a quicker growth path. It could be possible that it is one player with an alias doing this. Again, since you are not in competition with them, why does this cause you do call for getting rid of something, which is indeed clunky, and has been of use to many players, myself included?
While I see your supporting facts, I disagree with your conclusions on the brokeness of rotating quests.
Let players make their own decisions on how to play the game.

DeletedUser5676

I think you are placing far too much emphesis on rank and growth by viewing yourself in some kind of competition with these pepole. You are not unless you choose to be. And if that is the case that is your choice.
If someone wants to run their cities in the manner you describe, and thank you for the concrete example I asked for, what is that to you? It is within the parameters of the game design and used to excess does allow for a quicker growth path. It could be possible that it is one player with an alias doing this. Again, since you are not in competition with them, why does this cause you do call for getting rid of something, which is indeed clunky, and has been of use to many players, myself included?
While I see your supporting facts, I disagree with your conclusions on the brokeness of rotating quests.
Let players make their own decisions on how to play the game.
Lol. I hope psychoanalysis isn't your job. I've spent over three years getting to chapter 9, and I'm not in a competition with anyone.

IIf I care what other people do with their cities it's to either congratulate or make fun of them. I pretty much ignore the repeatable quests. I wish they'd go away because they block out part of my screen. I think they're important to have for beginners but don't need to be there after that. Take a look around the forums for how many people get frustrated and have had to come asking what this thing the quest wants them to have is because they don't realize that's the name of the 24 hour production in their T2 boosted factory.

We do already get to make our own decisions about how to play the game. if you want to scroll through the repeatable quests a million times that's your decision. When someone wants the programmers to make that play style easier I'm allowed to ask why should they. I'd rather they spend their time on a hundred other things that need fixing and just stop doing the repeatable quests.

I didn't say they are broken. I said people will abuse anything if they can. I don't want the programmers spending five minutes to make something even easier to abuse.

Socrates28

@edsparrowpfo You have talked a great deal about what other players do and yet I still ask the question, "Why do you care what they do?"
So what if they get to the end of the game in three weeks (exaggeration I know). You and I take our time to "smell the roses" so to speak and they do not. Abuse or not it has no effect on either one of us and how we play the game. So I wish you well and hope you enjoy the game in spite of what others do. I know that I will.

DeletedUser5676

and yet I still ask the question, "Why do you care what they do?"
And I still say "I don't care what other players do". I care about what my money gets spent on. I pay for programmers and I want the programmers to focus on things that matter to me, not on things that matter to other people. I can't think of anything interesting that comes from making repeatable quests easier. Easier is not more fun. People think it is but it isn't. Fun comes from discovering things for the first time, and succeeding where we have failed in the past.

Someone finds their play style boring and wants the programmers to make their game less boring. I want them to make more interesting content for everybody and fix things that are broken. Like messaging on the app or crashes when two people try to put badges in a quest for the FA and events that aren't whoever has the most space to build tier one gets their choice of the best prizes.

DeletedUser5676

Thank you for telling us exactly what fun is. We didn't know, truly, and were blind. MY EYES HAVE BEEN OPENED.
You're welcome. I know it's been a struggle for you.

Okay fine consider it the royal we :p. But seriously, Do you really beleive that making the game easier will make it more fun at the end of the day?

DeletedUser20951

But seriously, Do you really beleive that making the game easier will make it more fun at the end of the day?
Did the new setup for Fellowship Adventures not make 'em funner? I do the repeatable quests even with the current aggravation, and if that was erased from the equation, I believe they could be fun insomuch as a game like this is fun (it's main function for me is to soothe my creature of habit tics). I greatly enjoy completing tasks for the sense of accomplishment, no matter how minor, and once the format was improved, there would be a lot more room for adding more creative quests. I view them as a decent incentive for logins of greater frequency, too.

DeletedUser20951

Nothing is locked behind the repeatable quests.
But perhaps it should be? I'm trying to think outside of the box (a difficulty for me), and want to add instead of subtract (both are difficult for me). Regardless, a revamping needs to be done, or, as others have suggested, delete it altogether (guess which I prefer. GUESS).