• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Replace Set buildings with culture like it use to be

DeletedUser3507

Ok a culture building that produces kp's depending on chapter, or breaks shards

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
adding a new way to get KP, or broken shards etc is pretty awesome.
You and I appear to have different definitions of "Awesome." I think I can honestly say, without fear of correction, that no player has ever experienced actual "Awe" at any of the set buildings (or, frankly, much else in Elvenar). Maybe a little guilty pleasure, or a tingle of excitement, but if anyone has been awed by set buildings, my fears for the human race have been exceeded.

DeletedUser3507

What he said...:rolleyes:
Don't know where they got the idea we would like this garbage, I know I sure don't. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

I don't mind the idea of set buildings but I have yet to see anything to be excited about... all the random garbage mixed together makes it less desirable. Had they done a full supply set for instance that would peak my interest, or a full gold set, or an extra culture set, etc. The way they are now seems like someone cleaning out their garage and threw all their crap in my yard. :D

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
yet to see anything to be excited about.
I agree in general, but I've been very pleased with the performance of the Winter Set buildings. I got them when I was early Orcs; I'm about a third (?starting on factory upgrade techs) of the way through Woodelves now. I managed to get 2 of the vortexes with all the boosts and they basically keep me in orcs. I've taken to using my armories for excess supplies & only making orcs then. That will undoubtedly change as I outgrow them, but for now I really like them! Everything else I get from the other buildings is just gravy as far as I'm concerned. Not sure how their output compares to the Orc Nests as those haven't been available as a prize since I entered Orcs:( The ones I have make elixir.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You and I appear to have different definitions of "Awesome."
similar to "these chicken wings are awesome"
It's hard not to use hyperbole when the discussion starts with "I hate"

Thus far the winter set has been very good for my mana needs, the red beard gives me a few AW levels worth of seeds. Both have been very welcome additions to my cities.

Really I just like the concept of set buildings, but I do see how players, especially those comparing them to end game full premium buildings aren't impressed.
For players on teh opposite end doing the "free player challenge" They don't come close to Wishing Wells though, so I'll be using all my ess on those.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

They don't come close to Wishing Wells though,
If I mathed it right with a 1/5 chance at 10 diamonds, if I got 5 of them and used 45 squares I could, if I were lucky, net 100 a week which would gain me one expansion in 33 weeks... not impressed. Had I got them early on I would have been happy. I'm sure it's been argued already but they really should have a chapter increase on diamonds just like everything else, even if it were only 2 per, a chance at 34 diamonds would be the dif. in happy to have vs. will def. not waist a square on them.
That said I do applaud the fact that they finally did something that was suggested 2 yrs ago. It gives me hope the FA will be fixed 2 yrs from now. ;)

kctanzen

I don't mind the idea of set buildings but I have yet to see anything to be excited about... all the random garbage mixed together makes it less desirable. Had they done a full supply set for instance that would peak my interest, or a full gold set, or an extra culture set, etc. The way they are now seems like someone cleaning out their garage and threw all their crap in my yard. :D

I like that concept of a set with graduated bonuses for one thing .. coins / supplies / culture / mana / troops etc .. and then if you did get the 'full' set .. the extra gravy of something unrelated to the set .. that would really be tasty to me.

DeletedUser3507

Set buildings takes an area and it takes it over, not so with other types, you can usually fit them in. Not so with the set building type..

I like Unknown Elvenar I put 10 of these little things in and alot to come
Screenshot_36.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I like Unknown Elvenar I put 10 of these little things in and alot to come
At 86 pop per square? Seems like a massive waste to me...
10 of them gives 1720 pop and 4500 culture.
Surely there is a better use for 20 squares?

DeletedUser3507

You know those long chess piece strips, there being replaced

DeletedUser3507

I am not tearing up my city to do the event and the event has really bad timing for me, and that that I can use to to upgrade wonder instead which is worth more to me.

I dislike set building that much.

I know I am fickle..

But with the direction the game is headed too, I am not sure I want to go there.
Actually entertaining the thought of just quiting.

DeletedUser5800

Actually, I think the best spot to be in when you win them might be at the end.
I understand it depends entirely on what/if you have spent and even when you started playing in relation to tech. tree diamonds vs how far you have made it since. I just happen to be just over both lines what I consider to far to waste space on them... but if I weren't I would be jumping up and down excited so I do give them credit for doing something that will benefit and excite a whole group of players... of course the way they did it will cause, "I tried 17 times and didn't get any! I quit" , and had they scaled up even just a little it would be cooler longer and for more people (most importantly me :p ).

jelazar

I hate set building and think they should be replaced like they were originally, with either pop/culture or just straight culture
Agreed. Culture is easy enough to come by but pop gets difficult. The combo of both made most quests worthwhile to me. Not anymore.