• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Research block - glitch or new feature?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1561
  • Start date

DeletedUser1561

I am trying to enter Chapter V in two of my cities. In both cases I am unable to post collected Knowledge Points because the new locked chest blocks entry to the step level until I have collected 50 green tokens (or completely cleared 50 world map clusters.) Looking ahead to Chapter VI, I see that the requirement for the locked chest there is 100 map clusters cleared.

Is having this new chest prevent any placement of KP until it is unlocked a new feature of the game, or is it a glitch? Having to clear (in one case) 20 map segments before I can place ANY KPs into the Chapter V area is going to be an intense irritation.

Anyone know which was this floats - glitch or feature?

DeletedUser61

It's intentional. Folks were neglecting their provinces.

But you've unlocked the Ancient Wonders technology, so you'll at least have a productive way to invest your Knowledge Points while you're catching up on the world map.

DeletedUser1230

I am trying to enter Chapter V in two of my cities. In both cases I am unable to post collected Knowledge Points because the new locked chest blocks entry to the step level until I have collected 50 green tokens (or completely cleared 50 world map clusters.) Looking ahead to Chapter VI, I see that the requirement for the locked chest there is 100 map clusters cleared.

Is having this new chest prevent any placement of KP until it is unlocked a new feature of the game, or is it a glitch? Having to clear (in one case) 20 map segments before I can place ANY KPs into the Chapter V area is going to be an intense irritation.

Anyone know which was this floats - glitch or feature?
I posted this under discussions and here and they deleted my post in this forum! It was not the same post ie i did not copy and paste but they deleted it. First it was changed to both be the same , now i see it is gone. Anyway, there are several responses! check post titles NEW PROVINCE REQUIREMENTS in General Discussions

DeletedUser1230

It's intentional. Folks were neglecting their provinces.

But you've unlocked the Ancient Wonders technology, so you'll at least have a productive way to invest your Knowledge Points while you're catching up on the world map.
There is no where to invest Knowledge points until you open the chest! and obtain the needed Provinces. Lucky for me, I never researched the magic academy or magic spells so I have 2 research items to invest in which are almost complete, as I build up supplies, population and army before I can even start more provinces!!
NO, I did the same. Ancient Wonders in research menu is just before the next level with Province Requirements. I am stuck at 47/70 needed provinces and now with each Province I get shards instead of relics. Someone else posted the reason was so you would collect more relics, but unfortunately this does not work out. they mentioned the need for relics later in game. I do not know, this is my most advanced city. I thought it was good at first, I would have chance to collect a lot of shards, but I have no idea the requirements and needs later on in the game.

DeletedUser61

now with each Province I get shards instead of relics.
  • You're getting Relics, and Knowledge Points, and you complete individual encounters
  • You get Rune Shards when you complete an entire province, 8 encounters, along with progress toward your next expansion
You're getting Rune Shards, so you've definitely unlocked the Ancient Wonders technology. You can therefore build your own Ancient Wonder, or you can contribute Knowledge Points to any Ancient Wonder in the entire world that has room for more contributions.