• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Research Tree Woodelves Chapter Confusing Quests

Does Elvenar enjoy confusing us? I'm partway through the Woodelves Chapter of the Research Tree. I added all of the Knowledge Points for A Grave, A Fountain And A Turtle. But I need some weird Woodelves Goods to complete this Research Tree Quest. But Forest Fabrication doesn't show up for some time. How does Elvenar expect us to get the Woodelves Goods to complete this Research Tree Quest if the Woodelf Goods aren't available yet?!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216-055239.png
    Screenshot_20230216-055239.png
    830.6 KB · Views: 45
You have to research Forest Stream, Forest Fabrication and the 3 grafting sites so you can build the guest race settlement and start producing the goods you need for the other researches.
Exactly. But my point is, Elvenar should have had us do those Quests FIRST, before we start needing Woodelf Goods, not after.

Yogi Dave

Exactly. But my point is, Elvenar should have had us do those Quests FIRST, before we start needing Woodelf Goods, not after.
I agree, unfortunately, it's very unlikely Inno will go back and change the quest list without a revamp of some kind in the chapter. If it is just a quest revamp, one of the things they would have to decide is how to deal with players already in the chapter. They would have to keep the old quest list for those people and only the people entering the chapter would get the new one. This would have to be remembered forever since people can quit the game and come back a year or more later. ...and that's not counting all the blowback from the forum. Of course, they can easily ignore that. After all, they always listen to us now. What would be the problem with them ignoring what we say this one time? :eek:

Flashfyre

IIRC, following the Questline will have you do those researches in the correct sequence. Quest 27 is for the Forest Glade, Quest 30 is for the Forest Trail, Quest 33 is Forest Fabrication, and Quest 36/39/42 cover the 3 Grafting Sites.
Nowhere in the Questline does it ask you to research the Grave/Fountain/Turtle; therefore, why waste the KPs doing so before you have acquired the means of fulfilling the unlock requirements?

Flashfyre

I don't know why some of these chapters have you following a different path on the research tree. The whole point of a research tree is so you follow the branches as you climb it. If you want us to unlock Forest Fabrication before something else put it in the correct order on the tree. It is not the tricky puzzle you think it is, Inno.
No, it isn't the whole point. The point is to follow the Questline you are given, instead of doing it "your way". Why is it so hard to follow the blasted quests? They lead you right through the chapter, directing your research in the correct sequence to unlock things at the proper time. Instead, so many people try to research everything from left to right without looking at the requirements and determining if they even HAVE the right stuff to unlock a research.

Well, this is what's known as a "Learning Experience".

Smooper

No, it isn't the whole point. The point is to follow the Questline you are given, instead of doing it "your way". Why is it so hard to follow the blasted quests? They lead you right through the chapter, directing your research in the correct sequence to unlock things at the proper time. Instead, so many people try to research everything from left to right without looking at the requirements and determining if they even HAVE the right stuff to unlock a research.

Well, this is what's known as a "Learning Experience".
I guess the hard part of following quests is two-fold. One, Inno made many quests a pain, stupid or worthless and B) I don't wanna.

Also, if Inno went in order and you followed the research tree, you would always have the "right stuff" to unlock the research.