• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reset Cauldron Effects

Genefer

It would be nice if there was an individual effect reset in the Cauldron. Such as the perk point reset option every 30 days. Unlike the perk reset - the investment would be lost, but I would be able to eliminate those effects from the potion. This would allow us to create "specialized" potions to effect city production based on resource demand per chapter.

Example: Chapters with a high seed demand - the player can improve the effect of seed, sentient factory production, and Orcs, and then reset them once the resource demand changes.

Also, given we had to learn the cauldron through experimentation - it would be nice to be able to select effects now that we are aware of how the effects function.

Dhurrin

I'm not sure why anyone would want this. In order to get the effects to certain levels you have to heavily invest goods, coins orcs, mana or whatever, which would all be lost by resetting, with no benefits at all.

If you are aiming for a certain effect in certain chapters you can steer on that by using more of some ingredients and fewer of others. No guarantees, but better chances.

Personally, I'd rather have a higher lvl effect of something I don't need at times, as everything the Cauldron provides is just that; a little extra benefit. The randomness is fine by me, eliminating that would make it nothing but a simple boost that can be turned on, not unlike putting down a UUU or DA or using petfood.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It may be that the OP is asking that the reset work like that of the perks where you don't lose anything and can shift what you've spent onto other perks as needed. I've never reset our perk points but I understand it works that way. If you did that on the Cauldron it's unlikely it would work since you might be getting back goods, supplies and coins you could conceivably spend elsewhere. Perk points can only be spent on perks so resetting them means you don't gain anything outside of the perks themselves. Another way to look at it is that since a reset would be resetting goods and not independent points (the perk points don't effect any other part of the game, it seems to me), a cauldron reset could be used to reclaim spent goods. And, if you think about it, you could use the cauldron store coins and supplies that didn't fit in your MH and call them back when you needed them.

AJ

Katwick

Cartographer
you might be getting back goods, supplies and coins you could conceivably spend elsewhere.
Not really. The goods etc are used to buy Witch Points, which are then used to enhance the buffs.

It should be pretty simple to allow the buffs to be sold, for Witch Points that would buy other buffs. Even if the cost of the buffs varied somehow, it's still very local.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Not really. The goods etc are used to buy Witch Points, which are then used to enhance the buffs.

It should be pretty simple to allow the buffs to be sold, for Witch Points that would buy other buffs. Even if the cost of the buffs varied somehow, it's still very local.
Okay, so he wants the witch points reset? You can do that just by clicking the x in the cauldron. What I thought he meant was he wanted to have the buffs reset so he could re-apply what he had spent and thus buff something different this week than last. Yes, you do use witch points to actually upgrade the things, but to get more than your left over ones you have to spend real goods. Example: I spend 1 million marble to purchase 10000 witch points so I can get monster mayhem up to some level (don't know what it is, but it doesn't matter, it's up). The OP wants to reset those witch points he spent on Monster Mayhem last week so he can then upgrade a different effect this week. I can see how that is like perks but it seems to me, unlike perks, you would have to have a limit on witch points reclaimed because what would keep you from maxing out a targeted effect every week? If you kept adding each week, even the left-over witch points (the ones you lose if you don't spend them), you'd eventually get to having a LOT of witch points to re-distribute, making it possible to never spend anything and still get maximum results (by using just the left-over witch points). But if you limit the amount of witch points you can have, when you reset the cauldron you would then end up losing anything above the limit allowed. Perk archives are limited, I believe, for that reason. They don't want to have players saving up massive amounts of anything. Still, it may be a workable thing.

Katwick

Cartographer
Still, it may be a workable thing.
You can only reset Fellowship Perks once a month. A similar restriction would address your concerns, but during the Study Phase you don't yet know which buffs will be available NEXT week so the restriction probably isn't necessary.

Genefer

After, reading the comments it occurred to me that those effects would still be part of the potion - so might as well increase their value so if I am stuck with them, I get the most out of them.