• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reset Kp prices

Aritra

joking yes .. if they reset kp costs i would just get more as i buy several if not more daily in my bigger cities which would just speed up the tech tree advancement, and wonder upgrades .. would people want some sort of compensation(ish) i would bet yes, and that it in theory would speed up the tech tree makes me think it wont happen, but i'm down for cheaper stuff
The solution to that is easy(ish?). The kp pricing stay the same, but quest requirement could be scaled. The overall quest-list would show buy kp, but when the quest appears in the particular city, it is scaled to that city, exactly how supplies, standard goods, and collect coins works.

hvariidh gwendrot

if you are going to scale things for cost requirements, then that does not sound like an easy as a solution as leaving it the way it is

Gladiola

I have played a number of events with early-stage cities, and with balanced cities that have an active fellowship it's not a problem to buy KP. It is a little harder as a solo player.

Gladiola

@SoggyShorts consistent with your calculation, in my chapter 4 city I get 1400/5600 of my population from culture/pop buildings (one of which is a fire phoenix, which also produces coins). This works out reasonably well for me because thanks to fellowship mates I almost always have at least a 150% culture bonus, plus I do cycling quests that gain me coins, but for someone who micromanaged less or had a less active fellowship, they might need even more residences. (I have 10 level 15 residences and the fire phoenix and normally have an overabundance of coins except on Wednesdays when I do the last 8 Spire encounters plus rounds 2 and 3 of the tournament within 24 hours, when everything gets a little tight.)

sasmitcl16

If you progress through the chapters this issue solves itself because your income rises much faster than the cost possibly can.
E.G.
The cost goes up 500 per purchase which is a lot at first, but eventually your Mainhall holds 100,000,000 coins.
With a KP cost reset you could trade a coin rain for ~650 KP. :oops:

I've been buying KP every day for years and the next one only costs 5% of my capacity.
They could possibly balance that out with the amount of kp required in research..:)

Alternatively they could reset it back to an amount which is affordable but not too cheap, which ofcourse depends from chapter to chapter...
Like suppose we have chapter5, capacity 4.4m... income's around 500k overnight and couple more k's during the day ..im already at 200k per kp which is exhausting... they could reduce it back to say 50k per kp..etc but ofcourse we have to do it so that everyone benefits...they could do it like once a month ...guess that should balance it out...Open to more suggestions and ideas to this..

NightshadeCS

It sounds to me like we are going in circles. If they make the cost lower but then balance by requiring more KP, haven't we ended up where we started?

I buy KP with coins every day, have done so for as long as I can remember. I buy KP for quests with goods. Now, I also log in several times a day, so those who do not may have a harder time. I also quest-cycled like a maniac in my first city until I was into the higher chapters and had absolutely no need to anymore.

I think having these purchases reset is a pie-in-the-sky request. :):) I can't imagine how many KP I could buy every day if it did. o_O It would be astronomical. Of course, levelling all my AWs is no longer desirable due to the tourney formula change, so I don't even know what I would do with all that extra KP.

Deleted User - 849402856

Like suppose we have chapter5, capacity 4.4m... income's around 500k overnight and couple more k's during the day ..im already at 200k per kp which is exhausting... they could reduce it back to say 50k per kp..etc but ofcourse we have to do it so that everyone benefits...

I think if you find purchasing the KPs exhausting, then you should stop buying them for a while (unless necessitated by the event quests). Eventually, your city will grow enough so that you can continue to purchase KPs again without too much strain.

KP purchase is part of one's long-term strategy in this game. On one extreme, there are people like Soggy who buy KPs regularly; on the other extreme, there are people like myself who refrain from doing so. As a result, my growth might have been slower compared to more regular KP buyers, but my KP cost has remained under 30k (and I am also in Chapter 5). I will feel fooled if the developers start tweaking this system.

Gladiola

@Kazaaar the developers are likely to change the game in significant ways over our playing time. The price for buying KP is probably the least of our worries.

Iyapo1

KP purchase is part of one's long-term strategy in this game.
This! How much KP do you want in the "emergency stash"! Decide and go!

I buy KP, my wonders are Wonderful! Your emergency stash is much bigger than mine! It would be really unfair to reset this.
Some players in chapter 18 still have cheaper kp than I do in chapter 7. I imagine they would have words to say about it.

Yogi Dave

I'm in chapter 18. My MH holds 120 million coin. A KP cost me 3677k and I probably buy a half dozen most days. Currently, that cost per KP is 3% of the MH which lets me get 32 KP from a full MH. If it were to reset to the initial 500 and go up 500 with each purchase, I'd be able to get 692 KP from my full MH. Then wait until a reset as my MH refills and do it again. No more waiting for KP for a tech. I'd be able to upgrade high leveled Wonders every day or two. Upgrade a new Wonder a couple of times in a day. Sign me up!

There lies the flaw. Now you have to start making up rules to not let it work for people in the higher chapters.

Yes, buying KP does make me growl a bit, especially if I'm about to upgrade a building or such. However, in the end I do have some KP to show. This becomes a non-issue as you progress through the game.

mikeledo

I would cap KP cost rather than reset it and have that cap be chapter-based. Since INNO has been wanting to give us more KP than when it was rare when the game started I would recommend changing one of the 2 diamond slots and make it for tools. That would be a game-changer.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If you progress through the chapters this issue solves itself because your income rises much faster than the cost possibly can.
E.G.
The cost goes up 500 per purchase which is a lot at first, but eventually your Mainhall holds 100,000,000 coins.
With a KP cost reset you could trade a coin rain for ~650 KP. :oops:

I've been buying KP every day for years and the next one only costs 5% of my capacity.

Measuring the cost of KP by the capacity of your MH seems a bit strange to me. After all, if my MH holds a billion coins but I only have 20,, I only have 20. What you may have meant was that the capacity of the MH implies you are going to generate more coins -- and in general that is certainly true, but it's a correlation, not a cause sort of thing. If you visit, of course, there is a connection, but that's an "extra" thing you have to do to get the benefit of a larger MH.

Thus, to me, it's not the MH capacity, but the ability to generate sufficient coins to meet the quest requirement when the quest requirement comes around. Since there is no guarantee that you will be able to do that, increasing the cost without an reset, AND requiring a person purchase KP (doesn't really matter what you use as they all go up and never come down...), seems a way to bleed a person to death. I pay 428,000 coins for each KP, extremely cheap in comparison to others in CH 17. So every quest I do that requires me to purchase KP, I save 2-3 million coins per each KP over some other players. To me that, by itself, outweighs any benefit in buying KP all the time. But, as we know, that's just a personal preference, even if it makes some sense.

In the long run your observation is probably valid overall, but just based on the wrong or at least a less precise measure of why you can afford the cost of KP to constantly rise as you play.

I'm in chapter 18. My MH holds 120 million coin. A KP cost me 3677k and I probably buy a half dozen most days. Currently, that cost per KP is 3% of the MH which lets me get 32 KP from a full MH. If it were to reset to the initial 500 and go up 500 with each purchase, I'd be able to get 692 KP from my full MH. Then wait until a reset as my MH refills and do it again. No more waiting for KP for a tech. I'd be able to upgrade high leveled Wonders every day or two. Upgrade a new Wonder a couple of times in a day. Sign me up!

Interesting. In chapter 17 my MH holds only 54 million. It's at it's highest level and needs more research. A KP costs me 428k so I can only purchase 126KP with a full MH. If I paid what you pay for KP I'd be able to buy 14.6 KP with a full MH....and since some quests require more than 14, (if I remember correctly), those quests would wipe out my coins.

Maybe there are cases where daily purchase of KP can get you into trouble?

AJ

AJ

Last edited: