• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Residence gives population when not connected to main hall

phoenix3141

Not sure if this is a bug, but may bend the game:
I place a residence somewhere with no street connection. It no longer produces coins, but my population maximum does not decrease. Probably not device-specific, but I didn't check. Always works.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Well, even if the people there don't get the city services, they are still people and they are still in the city. Seems about right to me. :D;)

AJ

Zoof

Not sure if this is a bug, but may bend the game:
I place a residence somewhere with no street connection. It no longer produces coins, but my population maximum does not decrease. Probably not device-specific, but I didn't check. Always works.
This isn't a bug. It's a feature!

Just like being able to go negative on population or culture. It only matters when you want to build something that needs it, but you can take it away at any time to no effect. Work 'em harder and house 'em in ever-ugly and deteriorating conditions. Elves might not like it, but it's just another Tuesday for Humans. So what if they don't pay as many taxes or make as many supplies? Consequences are for other people!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hmm ... you're saying then, that if you have, say, 10K population while your residence is connected to a road, and then when you disconnect it from the road, you still have the 10K population?

That seems like a bug to me.

Lady Dastardly

Seems like population is never dependent on road connection, only productions. Event buildings work the same way. The Phoenix Chick, for example gives seeds in my chapter with a road connection, but it still provides the stated population and culture without the road. It also works with Mt. Halls. Take it off the road and you keep the population, but you lose the goods boost. I wasn't able to test it with Golden Abyss, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked the same way: keep the population but lose the coins.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Hmm ... you're saying then, that if you have, say, 10K population while your residence is connected to a road, and then when you disconnect it from the road, you still have the 10K population?
It's been this way since I started playing. I think that's why it's being said that it is not a bug. Same for going negative with culture/population not impacting anything other than ability to build/upgrade.
There's another thing (I found it cute; ymmv) with houses/workshops in the Amuni chapter: those guest race production bldgs that need to touch a house or workshop? House/WS level doesn't matter and after building, for example, a lvl 1 WS you can remove it from a road and still power the guest race bldgs. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.
I don't doubt that these were 'unintended consequences' when they were released years ago. But, the fact they've remained makes me see them as 'unintended features' now, lol!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There's another thing (I found it cute; ymmv) with houses/workshops in the Amuni chapter: those guest race production bldgs that need to touch a house or workshop? House/WS level doesn't matter and after building, for example, a lvl 1 WS you can remove it from a road and still power the guest race bldgs. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.
Oh yeah ... I remember that now about Amuni. Thanks for reminding me.