• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Residences and a Main Hall question

Nomiri

Nomiri in Harandar. I am having fun with my houses and I have levels 1-15 in my city. The houses aren't arranged in order, though my workshops and factories are. I plan to leave my Main Hall at level 6 because it has the design I like best. With its coin capacity, I'll be able to get through residence level 19. Which is OK, I don't like the orc house.

What I'm wondering is if there will be a point before I get to the "fairy residence" step in the research tree (which would be for level 18 & 19, if I have it right) where I'll need to have a main hall higher than level 6? If that's the case I'll just not try for houses 16-19 & concentrate on getting more provinces and Golden Abyss, which is the ancient wonder I like the look of best. So this is a question for anyone who's gotten up to residence level 19, thanks for your advice!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Nomiri One of the biggest hurdles you will face in trying to keep your main hold small is placing expansions. You will reach a point where it costs more to place a research expansion than a level 6 MH can hold. There are other advantages to upgrading your MH besides what it holds. You will get more gold every time you give neighborly help the higher level your MH is. You will get more each time you use a gold or supply instant with a larger MH. Also some of the ancient wonders such as Golden Abyss or Endless Excavation use the capacity of your Main Hall to calculate what they give you. So GA will give you more gold and EE will give you more supplies the higher level your main hall is.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Ahhh... but beauty too has value. Maybe just making your city as beautiful as you can with a MH6 is a worthy goal as well? Growth is not always a good thing unless you want to have the same goals as most players and what, probably, the developers envisioned as the goal of the game. Then the advice given is sound.

AJ

Nomiri

Ahhh... but beauty too has value. Maybe just making your city as beautiful as you can with a MH6 is a worthy goal as well? Growth is not always a good thing unless you want to have the same goals as most players and what, probably, the developers envisioned as the goal of the game. Then the advice given is sound.

AJ
Exactly. Especially since I've got a silly finicky touchpad that I can't do things fast, I prefer to get it just so. I like the uncluttered stairs in MH level 6. Right now my houses are a bit crowded, though I like having multiple factories so I can build up goods I negotiate for new provinces. So I think I have close to all the buildings I want. I'll be working on getting expansions so I can give the houses more space to better show them off.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The only problem I see is you'll never be able to get your residences past lvl 15 and you'll not be able to advance past early Ch6 Dwarves. You'll need a bigger Main Hall to unlock the Dwarven Portal tech and that's required before you can reach the next residence upgrades. You can look in the Wiki and see what the Main Hall looks like at the different levels. Link: Main Hall Wiki
That takes you to Main Hall for elves, scroll down for humans. Click on any picture to open a larger picture. You may find something there you like as much or better than what you have now.

Nomiri

The only problem I see is you'll never be able to get your residences past lvl 15 and you'll not be able to advance past early Ch6 Dwarves. You'll need a bigger Main Hall to unlock the Dwarven Portal tech and that's required before you can reach the next residence upgrades. You can look in the Wiki and see what the Main Hall looks like at the different levels. Link: Main Hall Wiki
That takes you to Main Hall for elves, scroll down for humans. Click on any picture to open a larger picture. You may find something there you like as much or better than what you have now.
Right. I'm figuring I'll stay at this point for a while. I have looked at the wiki more than once deciding which MH I wanted to keep. I might go up a few, but not where the stairway changes to symmetrical rather than spiral. (If I change my mind I'll upgrade past that ASAP)
I'm going slow up the tree because I'm concentrating on getting provinces. This means I'm donating knowledge books to others as I'm accumulating them faster than I'm using them to advance through the tree.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hi Nomiri
I completely understand, some of the Main Hall artwork for an elven city looked wrong to me as well.