• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Residential Gold Spell!

A Residential Gold Spell?

• In Favor

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Opposed

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser5800

I suggested this several months ago and I'm doing it again having just finished woodelves upgrades and being already depressed over the impending repetition and escalation of the problem in D&S... It has become apparent that player movement (both in and out) is a fading dream that for whatever reasons will never be realized so I once again offer you a Band-Aid development fix for one of the ripples that broken metric causes. I'm so sick of visiting 100+ dead towns daily to scrape up enough gold to get through the first half of every chapter, perhaps it is supposed to encourage diamond spending but from a player and casual spender perspective I offer that it only makes me want to quit, a lot, every time.

Under this preface I once again offer that you replicate the Power of Provision code, modify it to work as a gold spell on residences and end the need to rely on the worst, most depressing and obviously endlessly broken part of this game.

Risen Malchiah

I am all in favor of a few more spells. My Magic Academy sits idle most of the time other than to create the occasional KP spell for the days when I can't get online in 10 hrs.

Spells I would like to see:

- Gold (for use on residences)
- Training speed (for use on Barracks, Training Grounds, Mercenary Camp and Armories)
- Guest race resource
- A few spells that could be used while in combat (even if it required the presence of a mage unit to work)

In reference to diamonds, this versatility might encourage more people to spend diamonds on upgrading the magic academy. I know I would if it meant I could crank out combat spells nonstop.

Risen Malchiah

I see someone voted no. Will this negative nancy please write a response to explain why? Perhaps there's a reason I haven't thought of besides you don't like fun things. :)

DeletedUser5800

I see someone voted no. Will this negative nancy please write a response to explain why? Perhaps there's a reason I haven't thought of besides you don't like fun things. :)
I can actually think of a handful but I obviously felt they weren't deal breakers...
1. There is always somebody, always. :rolleyes:
2. It has been raised that fixing ripples of problems causes more reason to ignore root problems but this has been an issue since the start of the game... and probably the dawn of time. o_O
3. It could cause less visiting of the wasteland thus non help to newbs you would otherwise never know existed... but hey, they could also use the spell. :D
4. That there are more important and/or better spell ideas and that somehow this addition would be a wasted opportunity for those to exist... I don't see how that could be the case. :confused:
5. (akin to 2) That it admits once and for all an entirely broken metric was ill designed and can never be dealt with and compromises an original core pillar game intent and so somehow rages against the whole foundation... now that could be true but also is long validated rage. ;)

I'm sure I left out some others and I can admit it would affect one entire game metric, but I also think it freaking needs affected. :cool: