• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Resurrection Woes

Flashfyre

Well, I recently I found out that I have another city (Dimmendelve) in another world (Khelonaar) that I had forgotten about. It's been a few years since I played that one, and, honestly, I figured it had been turned into a "gold mine" by now. But ever since the discussion in another thread about manual vs. auto fighting (where browser players get to actually see the battle) led me to think about trying the browser, this seemed like the perfect opportunity: I could check if this city was still working and, if so, use it to learn the browser operations and try out manual fighting. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was still humming along, right where I left it in Chap 6, with taxes and supplies piled up waiting for collection, and goods falling out of the factories.

Figuring out some of the basic interface processes took some time, but eventually I felt comfortable enough to take a tour.

As I strolled around looking at the layout, I noticed a few odd things:
1. I rediscovered a Set of buildings that must have been in one of the last events this city participated in - the Harvest Temple Set. I only had 2 of the pieces, the Temple Entrance and the Cornucopia Sanctuary, though. I wonder if this set will ever return to gameplay.
2. That event was some kind of harvest one, as I also found a Mushrooms Forest (cul/pop) a Stone of the Stars (cul), and a Harvest Travelers (cul).
3. And then, as I walked near the outskirts of the city, I came across a most interesting sight - a huge music festival was underway, with humans and orcs and elves and halflings and fairies and races unknown all singing and dancing to the wild music. At the Entrance Area (cul), I asked one of the faire goers what was going on, and was told this was the Woodelvenstock (cul/pop) festival, complete with a VIP Lounge (cul/pop) and a Mosh Pit (cul/pop). Apparently this is another Set that I only have 2 pieces of. Too bad this set will likely never return.
4. Just behind the music festival I saw a large Ferris Wheel (cul/pop) turning slowly in the morning sun. But, unlike the ones I had seen recently in my other city, this one was positioned differently (3x2, rather than 2x3) and did not seem to have any production capacity.

Additionally, I somehow got made Archmage of the Fellowship I belonged to back then; it wasn't a very good FS, and I wasn't interested in making it better, not for a secondary city. So I disbanded it, hoping any still-active members would be able to find themselves another FS soon.

I'm not sure how long I'll keep working this "old" city, but it might be fun just to use it to do some manual fighting and learn a bit more about the unit differences.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
in 2020, I happened to run across an old city in Arendyl under a different name that my son had started for me in 2016, 2018, when he was trying to show me how to play the game. I abandoned it a few weeks thereafter, until 2020, when I came across the name and got nostalgic. I saw three buildings in the original (2016, I think) Phoenix set. I also found a Halloween item with three witches. I didn't want them in the city and I couldn't afford to rr them, so I just teleported them and started playing it again. Henroo was helpful in that he offered me a spot in his fellowship, and I've been humming along with that one ever since then; I'm now in Halflings on it.

I'll probably never get rid of those buildings, though. They tug at my heart and I keep thinking that someday, after I'm at the top of the game and have tons of rrs to play with, I'll raise them to max level and place them in the city again. It's funny how those buildings can evoke such nostalgia. I really wish they'd offer those again, but it's possible they were just too good, lol. They don't seem that way at chapter 1 or 2, but after I raise them up it would be fun to see if they're really good.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Remember to change the animation speed to max at the bottom from > to >>> when manual fighting. They really need to add >>>>>. 3x speed is still way too slow. It can’t be that hard to add if the code already exists.

Flashfyre

Remember to change the animation speed to max at the bottom from > to >>> when manual fighting. They really need to add >>>>>. 3x speed is still way too slow. It can’t be that hard to add if the code already exists.
I hadn't noticed any issues with the fighting speed, but then I've only done 2 fights so far (both wins, but just). My supply of troops is less than 10 squads of each, my SS is only 414, and I only have the 1st 3 troops in the Training Grounds (Dogs, Misties and Screamers).
It looks like I was overscouting before I stopped playing this city; 2 open provinces are Medium, with about a half dozen of them left to scout. And then they all become Very Hard. I'm gonna have to stock up my troops, finish a lot of upgrades throughout the city (most everything is a mix of Ch4 and Ch5, with a few Ch6 thrown in), and work on Research to improve any troops I have.

Darielle

I am pretty sure the first Phoenix event was 2018; I am sure Muf-Muf was annoyed with me for suggesting that the giant eggs might hit our citizens. I have the culture with the 3 witches, it will come to me.... Venar's Spiritual Nexus, it was from a Spring event, March of 2018 iirc.
Edit:
First Phoenix: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-phoenix-cult.6854/
Next:
You are right; it was 2018. Seems so much longer!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I hadn't noticed any issues with the fighting speed, but then I've only done 2 fights so far (both wins, but just). My supply of troops is less than 10 squads of each, my SS is only 414, and I only have the 1st 3 troops in the Training Grounds (Dogs, Misties and Screamers).
It looks like I was overscouting before I stopped playing this city; 2 open provinces are Medium, with about a half dozen of them left to scout. And then they all become Very Hard. I'm gonna have to stock up my troops, finish a lot of upgrades throughout the city (most everything is a mix of Ch4 and Ch5, with a few Ch6 thrown in), and work on Research to improve any troops I have.
It will make a BIG DIFFERENCE when you're on silk tourney or whatever and every encounter is populated with a bunch lot of slowpoke heavy melee taking an hour to walk 2 hexes at a time and you have dozens more provinces to go.

Darielle

The first Phoenix event was running when I started playing in March 2017. I was such a noob, I thought something was wrong with the game when the eggs disappeared. Here's the forum announcement for that event.
Now I don't know which year it was. Could have been 2017; this old brain doesn't remember. All I know is that I got a really pretty Phoenix lighthouse and Phoenix pavilion. I'll check out your link to be able to tell, and thanks.

Darielle

The Phoenix events started in March of 2017, but I was able to tell that I started playing in early 2018. My first event was the Phoenix cult event in March 2018. It's the one with the lighthouse, which I still have as a chapter 2 building on my CalyrElf ID in Arendyll.

Soooo ... you both were right, Lelanya and Samidodamage!

Flashfyre

Forgot to mention that my neighborhood is a wasteland, with about 6 discovered cities within my 50+ scouted provinces, and a whole host of "gold mine" pits where so many pioneering souls built their Shangri-Las only to watch them fall into decay. There were no trade offers in the trader (a sure sign I was the only living creature in that neck of the woods), so I made a few to see if anyone else was hiding there. No takers all day Sunday.

BUT....(and this is the good part) today I logged in to find that I had been moved to a more vibrant neighborhood, with lots of working cities. All my trades were taken, and a handful of new neighbors had even polished a few of my buildings for me!
Now, all I need to do is find a Fellowship to join, and this little jewel of a city will start to shine.