• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Return to the 2nd, 3th, 4th page of the tournament window with provinces

• Thread starter DeletedUser24059
  • Start date

DeletedUser24059

It will be good if the game remember our last page number of the torunament window with provinces. If we are making the provinces from 1 to 8 it is ok. But after we need to go to province 9 click on tourmanemt then the provinces opens and we are on the first page and need to click next to go the next page. And we need to do this for every province from 9 to16 and if we are on the 3rd page .... So it wll be good if after finishing the battle/nagotiation on a province and want to go to our next target to go the page this province belongs:
if we go to province 10 the 2nd page opens
Our last passed point was 9 on page two, and we need to go to page two.

Yogi Dave

It will be good if the game remember our last page number of the torunament window with provinces. If we are making the provinces from 1 to 8 it is ok.
Nice idea and sounds like it would be fairly simple to implement.
What would be even better is if the map moved to the next province like on mobile.
With a zero length cooldown time, that would be a problem since I'd like to stay on the same province until I've done all the rounds I want to do. To have it just move to the next prov would be a pain for those few of us that have a zero cooldown time. Perhaps a checkbox in the options control dialog to op out of that would be nice.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
With a zero length cooldown time, that would be a problem since I'd like to stay on the same province until I've done all the rounds I want to do.
But with a zero CD wouldn't it stay on province #1? I'm not clear on its behavior on mobile with zero CD...
If you did province #1, and it does move to 2, could you do provinces 1-10, then use the tent to go to one? what would happen if you did, and would it be so bad to go 1-10,1-10 repeatedly instead of 11111,22222,33333..... ?

Yogi Dave

I'm not clear on its behavior on mobile with zero CD.
I don't know what it does on mobile. Seems like @CrazyWizard complained it does just what he doesn't want it to do.
If you did province #1, and it does move to 2, could you do provinces 1-10,
I could, but there is an advantage to staying on the same prov. The arena is the same for all six rounds on that prov. It takes too much time to load the map to take a peek, so best if you only load it once. Then, I don't have to try (and fail) to remember what it looks like after I've done 10 provs. Staying in that prov helps a lot if the arena has a hedge right in front of you or right in front of them. The first case often calls for frogs in the upper positions. In the second case blossom mages in those positions for most mixes of troops they are bringing. In neither case you do not use dogs in those positions. For other arenas, you know not to place troops that need mobility behind certain rock formations and which places are good for frogs. It's really nice to know when their mist walkers won't be able to reach you for at least the first round. Even if you are on mobile and can't look at the arena, you know if you get the crap beat out of you that maybe it's best to cater all rounds for that prov or just cater 1 or 2 rounds and move on to the next prov. So yeah, there is a good reason to stay on the same prov.

SoggyShorts

The arena is the same for all six rounds on that prov.
I didn't even know that. Lazy autofighter FTW!
Maybe a checkbox then as you suggested, though that'll add months to implementation or scrap it altogether. Personally, I'll probably go back to pulling out my phone while sitting in front of the PC which is one of the more ridiculous things inno makes players do.

Deleted User - 1178646

Maybe a checkbox then as you suggested, though that'll add months to implementation or scrap it altogether. Personally, I'll probably go back to pulling out my phone while sitting in front of the PC which is one of the more ridiculous things inno makes players do.

Just don't wait for many seconds, and you'll stay at the same province, only when you way lets say 2-3 seconds will the game move to the next province.
There is quite an obvious delay in the switch to the next province you can use when you have a 0 countdown timer.

Yogi Dave

The arena is the same for all six rounds on that prov.
One of the mods mentioned that in beta during discussions about the tourney changes. I was very surprised. That comment actually inspired me to build my TW up higher and higher letting me have a zero CD time using a polar bear. I do realize having a zero CD time is a very, very tiny number of players, so it doesn't have my sway in arguments. Just tossing in my two cents.
Maybe a checkbox then as you suggested, though that'll add months to implementation or scrap it altogether.
And that is the problem with adding checkboxes. They aren't as easy as so many people think.

This thread's idea is about clicking the tourney tent icon remembers which page we are on. We've kind of hijacked discussion on it. Soggy, your idea of auto-moving to the next prov probably deserves it's own thread.

SoggyShorts

Just don't wait for many seconds, and you'll stay at the same province, only when you way lets say 2-3 seconds will the game move to the next province.
There is quite an obvious delay in the switch to the next province you can use when you have a 0 countdown timer.
Aha! problem solved then, no check box needed.
This thread's idea is about clicking the tourney tent icon remembers which page we are on. We've kind of hijacked discussion on it.
Indeed. The OP in this thread is right, and if it's too hard to implement the mobile system, then doing the page remember thing as a first step is a no-brainer.