• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Revised Rune Forging

defiantoneks

Here goes…

Problem:
Current status of rune shards is that we can store only 10. For most, especially at higher chapters, this is achieved very quickly and we are forced to either lose shards because storage is full or forge runes for an AW that we likely dont have a desire to place (as those would be the only ones in inventory with forge capability).

Proposal:
Revise the AW console so that forging is optional on all AWs at any time.
Current status of forced forging and auto-insert would still apply for any AW at rune stage.

How:
Add a little button (hammer?) on the console that would open the forge
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 8.30.08 AM.png

Then when we have our 10 shards, we go to whichever AW we WANT a rune for and forge it.

Pros:
Would give users the option to pre-forge desirable runes
Would eliminate wasted shards as player would be able to forge any rune immediately upon collecting 10 shards
Would give us a larger pool of runes to donate to others, if that's the player's strategy

Cons:
Would mean that these pre-forged runes would possibly become broken shards again once we attempt to add them
Could "skew" the timeline for newest/harder to get runes (although the possibility above would probably offset a lot of that)
Development

Thoughts?

Flashfyre

Anything to alleviate the rune shard bottleneck; I've got 6 AWs I don't plan on ever using, so they become dumping grounds for a forged shard when my broken shard capacity is reached. It's not often that I have a viable AW in rune phase, so I end up having to build one of those junk AWs after filling it with runes, just to clear the load.

I like the idea of being able to choose which rune gets crafted, without having it go right into an open rune slot.

Glenndar

I wish they would come up with something, anything. We get so many shards in Tournament that go to the abyss because we already have ten. It really annoys me that I can't keep them. Why have a cap? Why can't we just keep them? If we have 10, forge a rune. If we have 20, forge two runes. Simple.

Zoof

Maybe add an option to increase the storage from 10 to ?? as that sounds a lot easier of a fix

Ed
Given what I saw during the recent event, the devs might be under the impression that the storage capacity had already been increased but the one who was responsible for that ticket got vacationed someone missed the memo. I hope I'm right. This all seems very sketchy with a few reported unfulfilled promises from the devs regarding this.

Either way, the suggestion of converting broken shards into AWKP seems like a great idea. The interface sure has enough horizontal space to stick yet another button. And to not obsolete the preexisting Magic Academy recipes that call for it, require a full set of 10 before it can be used.

Though if that bar of buttons keeps getting more additions... well. A stray thought hit my mind. That bar sure starts looking like an interface to a children's toy. I do wonder if related support tickets gets filed because of that.

defiantoneks

Maybe add an option to increase the storage from 10 to ?? as that sounds a lot easier of a fix
question is, what amount would be acceptable? if you're stuck with no new AWs to forge your runes to, you'd still max out in fairly short order, unless you make it infinite. i doubt they'd want that, tbh.
Either way, the suggestion of converting broken shards into AWKP seems like a great idea. The interface sure has enough horizontal space to stick yet another button. And to not obsolete the preexisting Magic Academy recipes that call for it, require a full set of 10 before it can be used.
right? if we could just forge any rune we want at any time, we can then either donate it as 15akp or keep the rune for future (attempted) insertion

Robin Panto

I'm not a fan of ten saved or earned shards being converted to another shard.... I think the ten should always convert to a rune.

Raccon

Just remove the rune shard cap period. For some strange reason it's the only item in the main hall that there is a limit for it!
Screenshot_20220716-191557_Elvenar.jpg

The 10 shard slot in AW's page can remain as an indicator (not a cap limit) to show when there are 10 shards to create a rune.

Deleted User - 849994935

defiantoneks

think the ten should always convert to a rune.
to "always" get it to be a rune, it would have to auto-insert like the current setup, but then the AW has to be in rune phase. how do you suggest keeping track of a forged rune so that it does not break upon insertion later? that was my dilemma when trying to work out a good solution.

defiantoneks

Just remove the rune shard cap period. For some strange reason it's the only item in the main hall that there is a limit for it!
i have a feeling it's so we dont store up shards for AWs that open at chapter 18 (or whenever) and instantly forge all the slots without having to scrounge and save and visit/donate to others to get runes. others may have different thoughts.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
i have a feeling it's so we dont store up shards for AWs that open at chapter 18 (or whenever) and instantly forge all the slots without having to scrounge and save and visit/donate to others to get runes. others may have different thoughts.
But that’s easy to get around if you have plenty of other runes. Just break them into shards for a different wonder and then forge the broken ones for the newest chapter wonder. I have built many wonders or gotten out of rune phase with only 1 or 2 runes for that wonder this way.

The majority of us are getting broken runes on province 10+ on certain rounds of tourney, though we get them as booby prizes in events sometimes too. But those same province 10+ give out runes on certain rounds too, which means they don’t think it’s possible to have too many runes. So if you have lots of runes of any type in general, it’s easy to zip through a wonder’s rune wheel using other runes.

Genefer

There shouldn't be a cap, because whether you craft them or acquire them through the tournament - you have paid for the broken shards. If I cater 270,000 T1 goods for a single province or 30,000 Orcs, 125,000 Mana...- I think I deserve to have the broken shards I purchased to forge any rune I want or need.

defiantoneks

would @helya be able to say whether a logic for capping shards had ever been given, or any previous attempts to get them uncapped?
just any feel for dev response to that suggestion that might already exist. it would be the simplest fix, of course. i've formulated this thread suggestion on the assumption that they'd not want an uncapped amount of shards but if that is not true, i will revise the suggestion.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
would @helya be able to say whether a logic for capping shards had ever been given, or any previous attempts to get them uncapped?
There have been suggestions about removing or increasing the cap, and removing was shot down right away, but increasing it was on the table for a while. I would guess it was either determined to be low priority or forgotten.

defiantoneks

gonna poke this thread and see if people can provide more interest or feedback. i would love to get this hammered out where we could vote on it. based off the above, we would not see any traction in a simple "remove the cap" request so… more ideas?

Deleted User - 849994935

gonna poke this thread and see if people can provide more interest or feedback. i would love to get this hammered out where we could vote on it. based off the above, we would not see any traction in a simple "remove the cap" request so… more ideas?
Wat about the ability to Forge any runeshard we want once the runeshard fragment holder is full?

So, the runeshard fragment holder wud need to be located on its own tab in the AW menu. Once full u choose an AW flavour from a drop down box and hey presto, u make a runeshard.

You'd still risk it breaking when/if u insert it and you'd still have to stop during a tourney to craft a runeshard if you've filled ur fragment holder but still, they'd be usable.

defiantoneks

Wat about the ability to Forge any runeshard we want once the runeshard fragment holder is full?

So, the runeshard fragment holder wud need to be located on its own tab in the AW menu. Once full u choose an AW flavour from a drop down box and hey presto, u make a runeshard.

You'd still risk it breaking when/if u insert it and you'd still have to stop during a tourney to craft a runeshard if you've filled ur fragment holder but still, they'd be usable.
I believe that's the gist of the original idea. right?
the only difference is that you are suggesting a separate tab to forge runes for storage, whereas I suggested adding forging be opened on each AW.

do others have a preference? pros/cons of either?
I'm trying to keep in mind that each AW is already configured to automatically flip to forging at certain levels. I would be concerned about conflicts arising from a separate forging tab vs one that may already be active on an AW at rune stage.