• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Revised Rune Forging

Deleted User - 849994935

I believe that's the gist of the original idea. right?
the only difference is that you are suggesting a separate tab to forge runes for storage, whereas I suggested adding forging be opened on each AW.

do others have a preference? pros/cons of either?
I'm trying to keep in mind that each AW is already configured to automatically flip to forging at certain levels. I would be concerned about conflicts arising from a separate forging tab vs one that may already be active on an AW at rune stage.
Sorry. It was late wen I posted. So yes, we see the forging box with fragment holder on each AW but in reality there's only one setup that's displayed on each AW. I'm simply suggesting that we stop displaying the Forge on each AW and move it to a separate tab because under the current system u can't Forge a runeshard for an AW unless that AW is in rune phase. My suggestion is that we cud Forge AW runeshards at any time and store them like AW runeshards we get from tourneys & events. Hence, no conflict.

defiantoneks

Hence, no conflict.
there would be a conflict if your AW is at a rune stage, AND you had a separate tab as well. keeping the forging in the same window was the goal so you didnt have a forge opportunity in a tab as well as under the specific AW. i see a potential for "hey I forged a rune in the Forge tab but it didn't insert…"

the forced forging at rune stage ensures your rune is accepted, where this proposal would offer you the chance to store runes for later, which means they could break. if you are at rune stage you want that guaranteed fill, not another broken shard.

Talaedraiia

I think the cap we have is perfectly fine, no need to change imo.
I definitely think they should do something about the situation. Im parked at the start of chapter 16 and do at least 30 rounds of tourney to 6 stars with all available AWs filled to the brim so I can’t use any of the broken shards I win from the sixth round. So I don’t really win anything from that very expensive 6th round except FS points. Each week I feel like the game is doing me dirty

Last edited:

Genefer

I definitely think they should do something about the situation. Im parked at the start of chapter 16 and do at least 30 rounds of tourney to 6 stars with all available AWs filled to the brim so I can’t use any of the broken shards I win from the sixth round. So I don’t really win anything from that very expensive 6th round except FS points. Each week I feel like the game is doing me dirty
Exactly! I do the tournament to purchase the enchantments, kp, relics, & runes and the broken shards, but if I have 10 and no wonder in Rune phase, they are gone - along with my troops & resources. Really, this is the most troop & resource expensive round and the product received is not the product purchased if you are not in a rune phase.

If the removal of any cap is out of the question, how about replacing the broken shards in round 6 with the magical manufacturing enchantment or 2 runes instead of 1.

Or use them as a group exercise
First - when the cap is reached provide a popup message to inform the cap has been reached (this would be nice to have anyway)
Second - allow us to use the broken shards to forge a Rune for a fellowship member's Ancient Wonder in Rune phase

Or for every 10 broken shards earned beyond that cap without any other rune phase wonders - convert them to a random Rune or 15 Ancient Wonder kp (the assigned value of a Rune) to apply to a Fellowship member's Ancient Wonder

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I’ve finished the last chapter so I find both the 5th and 6th rounds in the Tourney mostly worthless so I only do 4 rounds for 50 provinces. Spells are useful. KPs are a marginal use and shards are entirely worthless. I do the first 10 through 6 rounds mostly because they are much easier than anything else. I think my approach optimal, as I use all those spells, but for felllowship growth I’d think doing all six a better story, but the rules lead to the outcome I choose. I’d prefer a different optima that the proposals here would lead to.

Yogi Dave

But that’s easy to get around if you have plenty of other runes. Just break them into shards for a different wonder and then forge the broken ones for the newest chapter wonder. I have built many wonders or gotten out of rune phase with only 1 or 2 runes for that wonder this way.
I used to do this, but with the ability to put rune shards into other people's AWs I've had a change of heart on doing this.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I used to do this, but with the ability to put rune shards into other people's AWs I've had a change of heart on doing this.
There are still wonders nobody wants to build that you can blow runes on to crack into shards. For example, not many people in my FS have Watchtower or Thrones of High Men or whatever that one is called.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Even just adding a regular recipe to the rotation which converts shards to either a specific or random rune? Say 10 shards and 100 spell fragments to make a random rune from your available AWs?

defiantoneks

i use the ones for KP when they show up, but the problem with that is that you still have to wait for it to show up, and meanwhile your stash is blocked from gaining more.
my preference would be for something available to use at any time.
heck even if it allowed for a "forge rune" option when visiting someone, so it directly added 15kp to a fellow would be better than what we have.

Dhurrin

Though I agree with the problem I would prefer a different solution. I suggested something in the past (before Inno decided to delete my forum account for unknown reasons). Please remember that suggestion was made waaaay back, but still.
Link here

Mauwalker

In general I approve of KISS solutions. I agree that the 10 shard limit is annoying at best. In this case, though, I would suggest that the limit scale with chapter. Start out with 10, and then increase by two every chapter. It's a small gain, but would add a continuing value for the players in the higher chapters.

Myne

Oh Wise One
In general I approve of KISS solutions. I agree that the 10 shard limit is annoying at best. In this case, though, I would suggest that the limit scale with chapter. Start out with 10, and then increase by two every chapter. It's a small gain, but would add a continuing value for the players in the higher chapters.
\THIS!!