• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Right! What's All This Then?

DeletedUser

Hi. I'm Azkaban.

If we're talking introductions as players, I'll say simply that this is not my first RPG. I don't play like most other players I've encountered over the years, nor do I (apparently) play for the same reasons. Quite frankly, I'm baffled by the need to be "better than everyone else" and to "die with the most toys". But I suppose that comes with the territory of MMOs. Never had that problem back in my days of D&D. :p If we're talking introductions as characters, which I prefer...

I was born in a place called Gothador, which cannot be found on any map. Didn't stop people from finding their way there, though...

I was a Celestial Assassin, and occasionally a spy-for-hire, and I did pretty well for myself, too, until I was recruited for some fool general's ridiculous little war. She purged us, all of us, when the war was over, and I didn't realize until we were dead that our Maker had 'lent us out' for services and didn't want us back. You've no idea what that's like for an Angelic being; not just the death part, but the 'you're no longer necessary' part. I was lucky, though. I was given a choice.

The
Choice.

My first offer was Human, which I turned down instantly. Yes, yes, I could have been a Witch, but humans get so pokey and drowny, not to mention burny, so I said, "what's the point?"

My second offer was Goddess. Oh, yeah, I could have gotten quite a lot of mileage out of that one, but...the position I wanted was already taken, and he does such a good job, and really, he's much better to have as an ally than an enemy.

The third offer was cat, which, if I could have been that God's familiar I would have jumped at the chance. No pun intended there...but no, it was just a regular cat. I took a few days to think about it, then I told them, "Forget it. Humans are awful. I'll get drown or run over or chewed up by a dog...just do the humane thing and let me be an Elf."

"An Elf?" They said, and I told them...well, I told them that unless they wanted me to haunt them for the rest of this Cycle, they'd let me be an Elf. "Besides," I told them, "it will improve my disposition immensely." So, I'm now an Elf. And I lied.

It hasn't improved my disposition that much. I find that I want to turn my human neighbors into things. Heh...I know...I could turn them all into cats and build a city for them, and call it Katzengard or something. Fill it with little cloth mice stuffed with nip. And trees that dance, with birds that talk. Oh, those poor stoned kitties... :D

I know, I'm bad.

Anyway... Shade and Sweetwater to everyone, and all that other stuff humans like to think Elves go around saying all of the time. ;)