• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rise of the Phoenix Cult event discussion thread

Gladiola

@crackie , I have 2 2019 fire phoenix artifacts so far. I missed one chance for an artifact because I didn't have enough CCs, but hopefully it will come around again. I also have 3 blueprints that I could convert when I get the recipes, assuming I have CCs. (I'm short on CCs because I need planks relics to make them, and I started playing during the scrolls tournament, so I have already used all my planks from map provinces on CCs.) I'll get 9 from the Spire today, but that's not even enough for one conversion.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
btw, if you don't have enough blueprints, you can use diamonds on that 3 blueprints one. i think it's 300 diamonds per blueprints substitute. it's worth using your timers to make CCs if it pops up in MA and you're short on green balls!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This is my favorite day in events :) I like getting the event buildings that I want and saving up event currency to get the last couple of artifacts if I’m building the evolving building and getting tons of AW KP. I can’t even begin to guess how much AW KP I’ve gotten from events over the years but I’m sure it is a huge amount!!:cool:

Nectar of the Gods

I dislike, given the imbalance of scrolls in Ceravyn, that the 79 point chest has scrolls as one of the possible prizes. Why would the devs give scrolls?!

I also dislike the prizes that give less sky essence than the chest costs and the minuscule amount of KP offered in some chests. At least make the prizes worth it.

Overall it has been a decent event.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
just cashed in my points today. As usual, it was the currency rewards that you might get in certain chest that make the difference between my two cities.

Both cities were on 70/74 quests. 70 jsut unlocked while i was cashing in. Tho my second city had 14 more currency then my main city.

My main city got 1900 extra currency from chests. Which was really nice. It allowed me to actually get all 9 artifact upgrades in a single event. This is a boost for me. I dislike the stress of a whole event only to get (sometimes) up to 7/9 and then continue that stress in hopes for the fa rewards. So jsut getting 9 and the fa being extra or those that didnt get that is nice (And what it should be imo.) - Finished at 5 feathers into the ashen phoenix base building. So hopfully ill get enough in the last few quests to finish that line. That would be my hope. - I kinda like the idea of having the second base building at the very end.

My second city as a little less lucky in the reward currency department. #2 only got 1250 currency in total rewards from chest while cashing in. Only got 8/9 artifacts. Finished 7 feathers into the 9th artifact. And only after that will start the enxt base building. So he should finish the artifact, but the second base building is not looking to likely unless i get a big chest currency reward.

But none the less, finishing at (or should finish at) 9/9 artifacts is what it should be. And the extra base building is a nice boost after that. It might take years to get artifacts enough to evolve the second one... but its a nice long game. Just like how after all these years i finally got enough original phoenix artifacts to place a second phoenix building. Took a long time, but i got it. And i think thats a nice note to end on in an event.

Just cashed in the rest of what i had. And it went the same way in favor of Dom and not Necro.
Dom who was winning the extra currency rewards, hit a chest that gave him the 2nd building... and won an additional 500 currency lol.
Necro was not so lucky. He at least got the final artifact. But he is the full line away form that second building. And no extra currency won.

I still have two quests left to do (waiting for tourny tomorrow). But im guessing necro isnt going to get enough currency and then win enough chest currency rewards to able to finish the line and get the second building... a shame.

Gladiola

I have one more quest to complete (I'm going to cast enchantments in my city tomorrow morning so I can benefit from them during the day.)

I am four feathers away from getting the second base but have exhausted all my event currency except the payment for the last quest, so I probably won't get those last feathers. I fragged the first base for a quest, so the second would have been nice to have, but no biggie. If I hadn't been converting my phoenix artifacts, I would have 9 of them.

For those who say that new cities are not intended to complete events like this, I was in chapter 2 when the event started and entered chapter 3 on around day 9 (the day the Phoenix Rider first became available). I didn't have trouble completing the event.

For fun, I started a baby city on Saturday night, so I've been playing it for about two days now. I got two spells from neighborly help on the first day and rolled two more for another quest from the event chests. I'm working on quest 16 now in that city. I have gotten a couple buildings and a lot of supply windfalls. What is up with the supply windfalls?

Iyapo1

For those who say that new cities are not intended to complete events like this, I was in chapter 2 when the event started and entered chapter 3 on around day 9 (the day the Phoenix Rider first became available). I didn't have trouble completing the event.
Keep in mind "new" is a flexible term on this forum.

Deleted User - 1178646

I have one more quest to complete (I'm going to cast enchantments in my city tomorrow morning so I can benefit from them during the day.)

I am four feathers away from getting the second base but have exhausted all my event currency except the payment for the last quest, so I probably won't get those last feathers. I fragged the first base for a quest, so the second would have been nice to have, but no biggie. If I hadn't been converting my phoenix artifacts, I would have 9 of them.

For fun, I started a baby city on Saturday night, so I've been playing it for about two days now. I got two spells from neighborly help on the first day and rolled two more for another quest from the event chests. I'm working on quest 16 now in that city. I have gotten a couple buildings and a lot of supply windfalls. What is up with the supply windfalls?

Vision Vapor quest are difficult, but world map encounters are easy.
It's not that those queslines are not for early chapter, but if you can't make it that those events at that stage don't really matter (except this time fire phoenix is in the mix)
All the prizes you win are kinda obsolete in the next 3-4 weeks. (again fire phoenix ecepted but you normally do not get those during an event)

Vigali

I've never waited until the literal last day of the event to spend currency (I'd been holding out hope for Lava Egg), so I'm curious: right now, there's an 9-hour gap between when the event ends, and when today's daily prize expires; 21 hours left in the event, 12 hours left on the daily prize.

Does that mean we should expect one final daily prize (for the final 9 hours of the event)? Or after this daily prize expires, will there be no daily prize available for the last 9 hours?

Deleted User - 1178646

I've never waited until the literal last day of the event to spend currency (I'd been holding out hope for Lava Egg), so I'm curious: right now, there's an 9-hour gap between when the event ends, and when today's daily prize expires; 21 hours left in the event, 12 hours left on the daily prize.

Does that mean we should expect one final daily prize (for the final 9 hours of the event)? Or after this daily prize expires, will there be no daily prize available for the last 9 hours?
usually the daily prize from today sticks for those few hours

Gladiola

@Vigali, according to the announcement:

Disclaimer: : Please note that the final day of the event spans more than 24 hours, in order to not have the event end during the night (CET). That means the Daily Exclusive on April 13th is the final Daily Exclusive reward that is also available for some more hours in the morning (CET) of April 14th (CET). No new event quest is added to the quest line on April 14th, the final Quest Milestone can be unlocked on April 13th.

Crow Last Elf

Putting the best mana building on the first day puts me off this event. I could understand it when it was wishing wells. But to put the best building which provides mana, which everyone uses beyond a certain chapter, on the first day is a poor choice imo. What's the message, "nothing to look forward to except disappointment" mana-wise?

hvariidh gwendrot

ok without spending money i went from having a fire phoenix egg at 5% to evolving the one on Fely to stage 9 45% and the one on sinya to stage 8 40% now comes the between time and the fellowship adventure i'll see if i can get the last 1 and 2 stages evolved )

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
ok without spending money i went from having a fire phoenix egg at 5% to evolving the one on Fely to stage 9 45% and the one on sinya to stage 8 40% now comes the between time and the fellowship adventure i'll see if i can get the last 1 and 2 stages evolved )
Once you have your artifacts from the FA you can consider flipping the MA to look for that conversion recipe if you don't get lucky right away.

hvariidh gwendrot

actually got 2 of the 3bp crafts for an artifact each city .. so whatever i see 2 artifacts or 3 bp crafts i can do .. so it should be doable if they keep rotating them through .. side note ..we have 1 member who had 2-3 stonehenge artifacts each week to get his from 1 to 10 everyone else is wondering what a stonenge artifact is lol

Dew Spinner

Yeah, I finished my 1st event too that started only several days after I started playing, so the Old Timers don't know what they are talking about when they say that.

Gladiola

@Lelanya whether it is intentional or not, this questline could be completed by a new, small player. Personally, I think that is a good thing, and that making events welcoming to new players is a wise idea. This would suggest that the questline start with low barriers to entry (such as not requiring things a new player might not have like spells right off the bat) as well as alternative quests that may be easier for new players and harder for established players and vice versa.

What I noticed most about the forum post you linked is how in response to player concerns the developers added the "or tournament encounters" and "or Spire encounters" to events instead of requiring province encounters. The developers have in the past been responsive to player concerns, which is a good thing.