• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rise of the Phoenix Cult event discussion thread

OIM20

Looking at the prizes you get to move ahead. if this was any other game, those would be grey drops. Trash Drops is another term in the gaming world. do any of you actually play games? or just this one? These prizes are getting worse and worse. do YOU really need more KP? honestly? Do you really need more coin or supply boosts? to pretend these are " Awesome" ? yes, they make you click a button calling these trash mobs awesome.. Some of the lower odd prizes are not as bad, actually usable. but the fruit on these events are going sour,.
@helya - Query/Suggestion (for the future, since I doubt it can be implemented in an ongoing event without crashing it): Is it possible to have prizes on a graduating scale? For example, the T1 goods and troops are lovely for me, being only in chapter three and needing troops constantly due to my tendency to fight battles in the spire/tournament rather than cater (most of the time). I don't mind the supplies/coins drops I don't intend to use because I can turn them into spell fragments for MA crafting. KP is good for me because even if I can't use it in my own research atm, I can drop it into the AWs of those in my FS and reap the benefits of that later. (And those AW KP were really good in the FA for getting the wonder society badges - though I am saving the 20s for when I finally build my own AW.)

But, for people who are further along, can the prizes be altered so that they fit more with what that player would find beneficial? I know the code would be far more complex than something like

IF Ch<5 THEN
EC<15 = ED
EC[<, =, >] 15[...]25 = 2.4xSS (troops) <or> 633 (T1 goods) <or> 333 (T2 goods) [rotating value]
EC[<, =, >] 30[...]35 = (enchantment, rotating value)
EC>35 = (instant) <or> AWKP [rotating value]
AGP = AWKP [max] <or> KP [max] <or> (instant) [max]

IF Ch>5 AND Ch<10 THEN
EC<15 = ED
EC[<, =, >] 15[...]25 = 3.6xSS (troops) <or> 633 (T2 goods) <or> 333 (T3 goods) [rotating value]
EC[<, =, >] 30[...]35 = (enchantment <or> instant, rotating value, rotating quantity)
EC>35 = (instant) <or> EA
AGP = AWKP [max] <or> 50% gold needed to upgrade main hall <or> (instant) [max]

et cetera, as would be beneficial to the player per the chapter they're in. (Chapter values are examples. I would expect the numbers to be more tightly grouped as needed for when a change in good type would be most beneficial to the players of that chapter grouping.)

(Where:
AGP = alternating grand prize;
Ch = chapter player is in;
EA = Event Artifact;
EC = Event Chest Chance;
ED = Event Drop, in this case Sky Essence;
SS = squad strength)

This does, of course, assume that the player hasn't emptied their city of everything except their main hall, magic academy, barracks, and any other building that can't be stored with a teleport spell. (Several cities near me are like this.)

And I do think the number of troops/goods is odd. Why 633 for the amount of T1 goods? I haven't seen T2 goods, but I put it in there for good measure, in the event I just haven't gotten it yet. Is this a constant/percentage of something? I hope so b/c I don't think 633 of anything is going to be more than laughable at the level where someone would be getting goods that decay.

Why 2.4 times the number of troops it takes to make a unit squad (for me, anyway)? Why not the instants from the last event for the troops? Granted, this is far more beneficial for me, but if it's not a constant number times the current squad strength of the player, it would be a truly paltry amount of troops for players further along who would, I'm sure, prefer the troop instant if they were to have to choose between the two. I much prefer to think that it's a constant/percentage multiplied by the current squad strength. I wouldn't know without either creating another city on another server or input from other players.

I don't think offering the artifact option in the chest is any different than offering the AWKP because the alternating grand prize is 20 AWKP where the AWKP offered in the chest is 2 x 10 AWKP. The only difference, of course, being that the 10 is an instant grant of a wonder society badge in the FA without going over. And since the EA can be used to craft older phoenix artifacts in the MA (unless I have that backwards?), I don't see why that shouldn't be offered.

For higher chaptered folks, though, perhaps the alternating grand prizes for filling in the feathers could be more in line with things that are craftable, like expiring buildings or 5 pet food, or 5 combining catalysts (though I'd love that prize myself, tbh) - something that acknowledges that they are at a higher level and have put more time (and likely money) into the game.

Also, a distinction should be made for the instant supplied as the alternating grand prize (and the ones in the chests, tbh) for those in higher chapters. 100% coin rain probably isn't the best prize for someone with sixteen level 30 residences who can likely reach their max gold limit - or at least half of it - in a day's play. They might prefer time boosters, or ten instantaneous troops, or a host of other types of instants I haven't encountered yet at my chapter three level of play.

But instituting any kind of graduating scale is dependent on whether the code is even able to be modified in this way at all. If it isn't possible to modify the code to provide better prizes on a graduating scale that would benefit all players, there might be some merit to the idea of changing the alternating grand prizes so that they are beneficial to those who are further along. Unless there's an inventory limit (and I haven't seen anyone mention one), then players at my level would be able to hold on to those prizes until they did become beneficial to us.
______________________________​
I play on an older chromebook, and the game is close to unplayable for me since the start of the event. Multiple streaming errors and one error where it couldn't find a JSON file.
Oh, dear.

Initially, I had similar issues following event activation, though I am on a brand spanking new laptop (manufactured for me this year to my personally preferred specifications since very few stores in my part of the US are carrying hardware and it was ordered directly from the manufacturer instead of paying retail markup). I had to install a round of updates for both the machine itself and the browser I'm using. I was rather hoping that was just an issue I encountered and not a possible indication of eliminating support for older software/hardware.

Last edited:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Query/Suggestion (for the future, since I doubt it can be implemented in an ongoing event without crashing it):
The event prize amounts are already scaled based on chapters. I don't think we could ever get the Game developers to implement totally different prizes for different chapters but I could be wrong, so feel free to post your idea in the ideas and suggestions thread and if it's well received, I'd be happy to forward it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Well, the daily prize just rolled. Phoenix Chick was the day 1 prize in Beta and it is the day 2 prize here. Lava Egg was day 11 in Beta. I will be curious what happens in live worlds when we reach that point.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, the daily prize just rolled. Phoenix Chick was the day 1 prize in Beta and it is the day 2 prize here. Lava Egg was day 11 in Beta. I will be curious what happens in live worlds when we reach that point.

Knowing Inno the way we do, I fully expect they read all the talk about saving up for day 11 and the Egg and decided to move it to day one and shift the first 10 prizes back by a day, just to mess with us. lol

But seriously, I do not see them removing one of the other daily prizes and giving us two chances at the Lava Egg.

Aritra

Knowing Inno the way we do, I fully expect they read all the talk about saving up for day 11 and the Egg and decided to move it to day one and shift the first 10 prizes back by a day, just to mess with us. lol

But seriously, I do not see them removing one of the other daily prizes and giving us two chances at the Lava Egg.
Fortunately, I had done my prep and was already prepared to get a good dose of currency early on.
I hadn't really cared to check the daily prize because I "knew" it wasn't something I wanted. Oops Glad I did.
After a lot of breaks in my day and a ton of boosters, I managed to squeeze out three (I lost count how many chests I had to go through to get them, too--two artifacts worth, though). *Sigh* Quite a first day. I plan to take it a bit easier after today, but we'll see.... :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
For me it is not so much set aside space for them as it about remove and replace my existing mana producers with the new hotness. It should work out pretty well, since I am mostly using a combination of Mana Sawmills and Ferstival Merchants. 1 Lava Egg will fit exactly in the same space as 2 Mana Sawmills side by side. And 2 Lava Eggs will fit in the space 3 FMs occupy with 4 squares left over.

Do FM's give out mana at lower chapters? Mine give out seeds but can't remember if they ever switched from mana to seeds.

AJ

Sprite1313

AA5E48F5-03FE-4919-BC95-AEB45068E1F2.jpeg

Pretty happy to see that show up in my MA :D

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
48 hour collection cycle with early collect option anytime after 24 hours. I look at the long cycle as a bonus. I will be able to let mana accumulate in them for up to 2 days, where it will not decay.
I won three of them on the first day, scraped together as much sky essence as I could with quests, but it was certainly worth it. I'm doing a happy dance. I can't wait for them to roll around again and will save up my sky essence for that. I've always sung the praises of the Festival Merchants, but wow, now I am selling my FMs for these guys, and it's certainly worth it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Craft the bases. This removes them from the MA rotation and gets you closer to opening your mystical object. Leave them in inventory. If they are still available 2 chapters later, sell them and craft again.
They won't show up 2 chapters later if you have one in inventory.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I won three of them on the first day, scraped together as much sky essence as I could with quests, but it was certainly worth it. I'm doing a happy dance. I can't wait for them to roll around again and will save up my sky essence for that. I've always sung the praises of the Festival Merchants, but wow, now I am selling my FMs for these guys, and it's certainly worth it.
There is no guarantee Lava Eggs will come again. In the Beta event the Phoenix Chick was the day 1 prize. Lava Egg was day 11. For whatever reason, they moved Lava Egg to day 1 for us. Phoenix Chick showed up on day 2 instead. So unless they replace one of the other dailies with a 2nd Lava Egg or unless it shows up in the last few days of the Beta event, we are out of luck. I was not happy with the change. I had planned to save up my points and get as many Lava Eggs as possible. I had a wholesale overhaul of my mana producers in mind. Since it came on day 1 instead I was not able to win enough of them to do this.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Do FM's give out mana at lower chapters? Mine give out seeds but can't remember if they ever switched from mana to seeds.

AJ
They give mana in Woodelves and Sorcerers and Dragons. Switch to seeds starting in Halflings. FMs were my best mana producers when I was doing Woodelves and S&D. But since you can't upgrade them without switching production to seeds, I need to win better, higher level mana producers to replace my S&D level FMs. They are now either 2 or 3 chapters behind, depending on the city.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Is it just me or is the artifact conversion recipe a lot more expensive than last year? I seem to remember that during the Coldfire Phoenix event, it only took 2 or 3 CCs and 2 Coldfire Artifacts to make a Phoenix artifact. This time around it takes 2 Ashen Phoenix artifacts and 10 CCs.