• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rise of the Phoenix Cult event discussion thread

LisaMV

Hey ~ what is with the Daily Prizes all different, and no one says peep about it here? Am I dreaming pechance...?

Aritra

Hey ~ what is with the Daily Prizes all different, and no one says peep about it here? Am I dreaming pechance...?
Scroll back. Lots if discussion on that from early in thread. It's a bit of a mess and mystery but you'll get a bit of insight.

TalimSwift

Feeding a fully evolved Ashen Phoenix is going to give you about 90 additional currency over the course of an event.

Thats the whole scheme here.. They managed to bring out something that looks to improve your performance in events, But what they give out of the left hand, they take twice back from the right. The free daily prize used to be 50, now it's 45, so 22 (+1 -> the last half day) x5 = 115 less than before, and you say we can make "up to" 90 extra... well thats in the loss column in the end if you ask me.
What a way to introduce a nerf... B...e.....a....uuuuu...tiful!

TalimSwift

and if my gut is right, it feels like the average price for chests to open for flags has slightly gone up. I noticed a lot of raised costs on them, like the "blue 58 chest" that now costs 64... etc...
Thus i will be surprised if i actually reach level 10 without needing the FA this time

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
and if my gut is right, it feels like the average price for chests to open for flags has slightly gone up. I noticed a lot of raised costs on them, like the "blue 58 chest" that now costs 64... etc...
Thus i will be surprised if i actually reach level 10 without needing the FA this time
I got 8 Artifacts on Beta realm. Part of the reason: free event stuff, sky essence, was really hard to grab.

Dew Spinner

The chests from the last event were...25, 32, 33, 46, 54, 58, 71, 118 and 139 for a total of 576. This event's chests are 24, 33, 36, 45, 57, 64, 79, 113, 137 for a total of 588. So you are right they are making this event more costly but that is probably because of the Ashen Phoenix. Not only does that benefit some players because of the extra event currency but others that don't want to place the building to take up limited space, might buy Diamonds. It's all about the Diamonds! Or maybe they made it more expensive because of the convertible Phoenix Artifacts, people will pay money for them if the RNG screws them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thats the whole scheme here.. They managed to bring out something that looks to improve your performance in events, But what they give out of the left hand, they take twice back from the right. The free daily prize used to be 50, now it's 45, so 22 (+1 -> the last half day) x5 = 115 less than before, and you say we can make "up to" 90 extra... well thats in the loss column in the end if you ask me.
What a way to introduce a nerf... B...e.....a....uuuuu...tiful!

Just so you, and everyone else here who does not also play on Beta, know, that final daily login reward that has been showing up on the last partial day of the event, did not show up in Beta this time and this was not a bug, it was intentional. That means we will not be getting that last 45 essence at the end on the Live servers either, so do not plan on having that at the last minute.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I got 8 Artifacts on Beta realm. Part of the reason: free event stuff, sky essence, was really hard to grab.

On Beta, I got all 9 needed to max the bird, but I was only about halfway to the 2nd base, instead of completing it and being part way to another artifact, the way I was in the previous couple of events. I do not know if that was the fault of less event currency or simply because I won less currency back in the chests this time.

On Live, I am already at a level 8 bird, so only 2 more artifacts to go, but on Live I have gotten currency back several times, including the 500 from the 137-cost chest two or three times now.

Those two results just show how swingy it is, depending on prizes won from the chests.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Not being mean or anything here, but I know you played the Winter event with the post boxes, so I guess you don't remember you had control of when to use the 2X and Reveal 2? They were no longer random.
I'm not talking about the last time ... I'm talking about the first time it was implemented, when you had no control. And yes, that was a big improvement, so they did fix that problem on the next iteration. :)

Sprite1313

Hi Wesley
Do you mean you spent sky essence on opening chests and received a large picture of troops? If so, they went directly to your army camp inventory and this would mean the event is 'working as intended', and is not a bug.

I pulled this over from the report a bug thread. I agree with Lelanya that this is the way the event is designed to work. I’m curious what everyone thinks of this method of receiving troops. Personally, I don’t like it. I prefer to get troop instants that go into my inventory. Especially for new players, with very few squad size researches done, they would benefit greatly from the troops instants that they could open after their squad size is substantially larger.

Lelanya

I pulled this over from the report a bug thread. I agree with Lelanya that this is the way the event is designed to work. I’m curious what everyone thinks of this method of receiving troops. Personally, I don’t like it. I prefer to get troop instants that go into my inventory. Especially for new players, with very few squad size researches done, they would benefit greatly from the troops instants that they could open after their squad size is substantially larger.
I agree, I think the instants would be better. I don't use them very often myself, but I know many that do, and they are having real trouble with quest 53, because of course the RNG will not grant instants in today's chest to those that currently need them.

The Unbeliever

Removing troop instants and then putting in quest/s that demand the use of troops instants is beyond a donkeycave move on the dev's part.

At the very least, add the basic 5x squad troop instants to the crating line-up.
OR
Add a new set of troops instants to the crafting line-up that only give 1x squad.

Imagine for new players how beyond pants-on-head stupid this is now, as they DON'T have even a small number of troop instants, and then get borked by a now impossible to complete event quest!?
Of course, the devs 'genius' answer will probable be to just waste an entire event trying to win 5-6 troop instants as daily prizes so they can then participate in a couple future events... :rolleyes: SMDH

Aritra

Removing troop instants and then putting in quest/s that demand the use of troops instants is beyond a donkeycave move on the dev's part.

At the very least, add the basic 5x squad troop instants to the crating line-up.
OR
Add a new set of troops instants to the crafting line-up that only give 1x squad.

Imagine for new players how beyond pants-on-head stupid this is now, as they DON'T have even a small number of troop instants, and then get borked by a now impossible to complete event quest!?
Of course, the devs 'genius' answer will probable be to just waste an entire event trying to win 5-6 troop instants as daily prizes so they can then participate in a couple future events... :rolleyes: SMDH
reminder: There is *always* an alternative to the combat related quests. I'm a cater-city and had no problem completing any quests.

Regarding the troop prize, I didn't pay attention because it was a prize I was not interested in acquiring, but in reading these posts, I was really surprised to learn that troops were acquired instantly and not as "instants" to be used at will. I don't use these instants (except to disenchant, sorry, only worth frags to my city), but I agree that they should have been "instants" instead (all the other debate points aside).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

OR

Just to point out that the quest is a good ways into the overall list and people not blasting their way through would have gotten to yesterday's Troop Instant daily prize before reaching that quest. Now, whether they would have tried to win it or not, or saved the ones won or not, is not something that Inno controls. But for the very few people who got to the quest before that, and had no way to negotiate 3 encounters, so they had to sit and wait a couple of days. They were already so far ahead that it is not a big deal. There are also a couple more days with Troop Instants as the daily prize for the slower moving players who might think they are stuck on that one.

Lelanya

Just to point out that the quest is a good ways into the overall list and people not blasting their way through would have gotten to yesterday's Troop Instant daily prize before reaching that quest. Now, whether they would have tried to win it or not, or saved the ones won or not, is not something that Inno controls. But for the very few people who got to the quest before that, and had no way to negotiate 3 encounters, so they had to sit and wait a couple of days. They were already so far ahead that it is not a big deal. There are also a couple more days with Troop Instants as the daily prize for the slower moving players who might think they are stuck on that one.
Assuming, of course, that this isn't changed too.

Gladiola

I started a new account on a different world just to see what the event was like for a brand-new city that entered partway through. Of course my experience is not the same as a truly new player because I've learned a little about the game while I've been here. But I have some immediate feedback about the first few quests.

1. Buy 4 KP. This quest works. A new city has enough coins to buy that initial 4 KP. Might cause some building constraints though.
2. Collect Coins. The coin amount for a new city is 1000. This is not unreasonable, but it might help to have a tip that you can gain coins through visiting neighbors as well as collecting from residences. This would get people into the habit of giving neighborly help and help them progress further.
3. Beverages x 8 Perfect. Making beverages is a natural fit for new players.
4. Spend 4 KP Not bad. At worst the person is going to have to wait 4 hours for more KP.
5a. Use 2 Enchantments This is where you get a major hiccup. A new player doesn't have a Magic Academy for at least the first 2-3 days unless they are using diamonds or being very aggressive about exploring the map, and even when they do they can't make enchantments (although I think the MA comes with some enchantments?). You can get enchantments from doing neighborly visits, so it's not impossible, but it's random. My character was pretty lucky and got an MM and an ensorcelled endowment. Building a factory is pretty easy, but I won't have anything to use an EE on for a while. I suggest that an MM and a PoP should be given as a reward for completing one of the first 4 quests. That would allow a new player to move ahead pretty smoothly through at least quest 12 where they need more enchantments (which they could probably get from neighborly visits). Alternatively, you could make spells like MMs and PoP a lot more common in the event chests, but you might not want other players to get them quite so frequently (as awesome as that would be).

I am not saying that a completely new player should be able to finish the event easily or even get very far, but if you are presenting quests to players in their first several hours of gameplay that they can only accomplish with the right amount of luck, I think that will result in frustration.