• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rise of the Phoenix Cult event discussion thread

Sprite1313

Yes, every event, if you feed it during each event. And the amount starts at 1% and increases to 2%. So in an event like this one, that 2% bonus means about 110-120 total extra event currency, if you complete all 75 quests.
I like the idea of the long feeding duration, and the additional currency, and if the static goods were worth it, I might place the building for that (and the aesthetics). The additional currency would get you one or two (depending on continued increase in costs and decrease in rewarded currency) additional chests (and the rewards in the chests are not always superb). I also like that Elvenar always rounds up (even where the standard rules of math dictate to round down), which actually makes it work out to a little more than the 1-2%, but not by much. If we could teleport this out, it might be worth it.

I just don't think the static goods, culture and pop are worth the 4x4 footprint. It is 65% of the mana and T3 goods that the owl provides for the same footprint. It has comparable population, but way less culture than the golem, witch hut or owl. It isn't enough T3 goods to replace a manu, or enough mana to forego another mana-producing building. It is pretty, though. Even the blue egg for stage one is such a great colour.

jesikrey

Of course it would happen that the day I want a stupid daily price that is worth it, I spent 2000+ essence things that I have been saving and got anything but the price I wanted. This is the type of thing that makes me not want to participate in these events.

Yeah yeah, is luck blah blah blah.... is BS

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Yes, every event, if you feed it during each event. And the amount starts at 1% and increases to 2%. So in an event like this one, that 2% bonus means about 110-120 total extra event currency, if you complete all 75 quests.
Thanks for letting me know.

CrusaderMichael

Of course it would happen that the day I want a stupid daily price that is worth it, I spent 2000+ essence things that I have been saving and got anything but the price I wanted. This is the type of thing that makes me not want to participate in these events.

i think you meant "prize" not price... you did it twice so it makes me wonder. And yeah i had one more chance to get it... failed. Fine with me though.

Maybe they should let us buy a building for like, 50 currency a tile for people who don't want to just play slot machines for what they want. Maybe even more expensive than that but at least the die hard "i want that building" players won't get annoyed.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The idea behind the ashen phoenix is pretty nice. But the bonus currency reward is a tad small. It says it only applies to the quest rewards currency. There is about 4223 currency this event from quests only. 2% of that is 84.46 currency. Maybe +-~ given that it will be broken down per quest instead of the over all total. But its close. 85 currency isnt even enough to always open a single chest in the event. So the idea of a 4x4 that requires feeding and still might not give even 1 chest.. or 1 chest at best.. seems faulty. - 5% would atleast be enough to ensure you get one chest worth of currency.

The idea is good. I think the numbers are faulty tho.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am going to compare the Ashen Phoenix to the Lava Egg, since everyone was going crazy to get those. Both are 4x4. In chapter 17, the Lava Egg has an early collect at 24 hours of 34,000 mana. The Ashen gives 22,700 mana in the same 24 hours. But it also gives me 4320 obsidian and 2 KP every 24 hours, plus 4160 pop. And the two buildings are almost equal in culture. I will gladly take all those other benefits in place of some mana. And I feel the same way about almost all the other buildings like this.

CrusaderMichael

I am going to compare the Ashen Phoenix to the Lava Egg, since everyone was going crazy to get those. Both are 4x4. In chapter 17, the Lava Egg has an early collect at 24 hours of 34,000 mana. The Ashen gives 22,700 mana in the same 24 hours. But it also gives me 4320 obsidian and 2 KP every 24 hours, plus 4160 pop. And the two buildings are almost equal in culture. I will gladly take all those other benefits in place of some mana. And I feel the same way about almost all the other buildings like this.

the KP alone i'd keep it for. It's all i care about at this stage.

The rest is a good bonus i'm grateful for.

Ashen is great.

PLUS IT LOOKS AWESOME EVERY STAGE

Shallow people like me demand such buildings.

GlamDoll

Sadly, it is WAI! Many might say it's JUST rng, but it's not. My best rng was in low(ish) chapters....that is the sweet spot of this game, all other chapters after, need not apply.

CrusaderMichael

Placed one of my 3 burning eggs down a few minutes ago...

Have to say, burning eggs are dang cool to look at.

Even if it wasn't decent on stats I'd keep it just for the "awesome to look at" factor.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Placed one of my 3 burning eggs down a few minutes ago...

Have to say, burning eggs are dang cool to look at.

Even if it wasn't decent on stats I'd keep it just for the "awesome to look at" factor.

Some of the other culture-only items are like that too. I normally do not bother with any of them, but there are a few I have wasted event currency on just because the artwork and animation are good looking. If it is repeated this year, there may be one in the Fall events called The Burning Man that fits this description.

CrusaderMichael

Some of the other culture-only items are like that too. I normally do not bother with any of them, but there are a few I have wasted event currency on just because the artwork and animation are good looking. If it is repeated this year, there may be one in the Fall events called The Burning Man that fits this description.

The Burning Man would be cool... THE BURNING ELF WOULD BE EVEN BETTER !!!

#HumansRuleOthersDrool

Blindsider66

Koshen,
The further you go in this game the more reliant your city becomes on coins, supplies and even KP to grow. Depending on your playing style, some of these commodities may not be as valued to you as they are to others, but they are essential nonetheless.
I play this game for entertainment purposes, and to socialize with other like-minded players. But mostly because I like this game. I do play another game on occasion, yet that is irrelevant. One is here, the other is there, and never the two shall meet.

Enjoy your game, and win some awesome prizes.

Peace
Blindsider66

CrusaderMichael

Koshen,
The further you go in this game the more reliant your city becomes on coins, supplies and even KP to grow. Depending on your playing style, some of these commodities may not be as valued to you as they are to others, but they are essential nonetheless.
I play this game for entertainment purposes, and to socialize with other like-minded players. But mostly because I like this game. I do play another game on occasion, yet that is irrelevant. One is here, the other is there, and never the two shall meet.

Enjoy your game, and win some awesome prizes.

Peace
Blindsider66

dude... yer flaming picture... that thing could have totally come from one of these burning eggs....

The only thing better looking than the ashen stage 8, would be the egg hatching, and that flaming dragon coming out and eating the ashen.

Then the ashen would be reborn, and it would get eaten again, and again.... I WANT THIS !!!

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
just cashed in my points today. As usual, it was the currency rewards that you might get in certain chest that make the difference between my two cities.

Both cities were on 70/74 quests. 70 jsut unlocked while i was cashing in. Tho my second city had 14 more currency then my main city.

My main city got 1900 extra currency from chests. Which was really nice. It allowed me to actually get all 9 artifact upgrades in a single event. This is a boost for me. I dislike the stress of a whole event only to get (sometimes) up to 7/9 and then continue that stress in hopes for the fa rewards. So jsut getting 9 and the fa being extra or those that didnt get that is nice (And what it should be imo.) - Finished at 5 feathers into the ashen phoenix base building. So hopfully ill get enough in the last few quests to finish that line. That would be my hope. - I kinda like the idea of having the second base building at the very end.

My second city as a little less lucky in the reward currency department. #2 only got 1250 currency in total rewards from chest while cashing in. Only got 8/9 artifacts. Finished 7 feathers into the 9th artifact. And only after that will start the enxt base building. So he should finish the artifact, but the second base building is not looking to likely unless i get a big chest currency reward.

But none the less, finishing at (or should finish at) 9/9 artifacts is what it should be. And the extra base building is a nice boost after that. It might take years to get artifacts enough to evolve the second one... but its a nice long game. Just like how after all these years i finally got enough original phoenix artifacts to place a second phoenix building. Took a long time, but i got it. And i think thats a nice note to end on in an event.

Gladiola

I haven't gotten any extra event currency from chests, and I've rolled quite a few that had them as a potential prize. As a result I'll get about 7 artifacts. I'm not too fussed as I didn't want to place the bird, but getting extra currency at least once would be nice.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
My main city got 1900 extra currency from chests.
My second city as a little less lucky in the reward currency department. #2 only got 1250 currency in total rewards from chest while cashing in.
I haven't gotten any extra event currency from chests, and I've rolled quite a few that had them as a potential prize. As a result I'll get about 7 artifacts. I'm not too fussed as I didn't want to place the bird, but getting extra currency at least once would be nice.

I agree with you there. Iv had that type of thing happen and then i struggle to just make the 7th artifact. - And i know the game changes, play styles change. and even the unholiest of them all.. change my mind... so even if i dont intend to place the building, i always like to get the full 9 artifacts.
But i dont like the idea of doing a full month~ event.. doing all of it.. and then coming up short. (and in the past iv litterally come up a single chest short.)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As a result I'll get about 7 artifacts. I'm not too fussed as I didn't want to place the bird, but getting extra currency at least once would be nice.
have you been using the event as an opportunity to convert the evolves? if you're NOT placing the ashen, hop on that fire chicken! even a lvl 3 fire chicken is worth it ;)