• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rise of the Phoenix Cult event discussion thread

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The idea behind the ashen phoenix is pretty nice. But the bonus currency reward is a tad small. It says it only applies to the quest rewards currency. There is about 4223 currency this event from quests only. 2% of that is 84.46 currency. Maybe +-~ given that it will be broken down per quest instead of the over all total. But its close. 85 currency isnt even enough to always open a single chest in the event. So the idea of a 4x4 that requires feeding and still might not give even 1 chest.. or 1 chest at best.. seems faulty. - 5% would atleast be enough to ensure you get one chest worth of currency.

The idea is good. I think the numbers are faulty tho.
I agree 100%

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Gladiola we are reminding them that when we gave feedback about 'Accept a Trade' we meant add in Wholesaler, not replace with. :rolleyes:
So when I said some events were not designed to be finished, you get what I mean now. Crash's questline was definitely not feasible for small players, nor for end game either. In fact the Wholesaler ones were horrid for my smallest city , last year. The raise a building was to level 6 not 5, as well. A determined player might finish, a busy or completely new player one might only get to within 10 quests of the end, like the one poster with multiple grocery quests on the last day.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Gladiola we are reminding them that when we gave feedback about 'Accept a Trade' we meant add in Wholesaler, not replace with. :rolleyes:
So when I said some events were not designed to be finished, you get what I mean now. Crash's questline was definitely not feasible for small players, nor for end game either. In fact the Wholesaler ones were horrid for my smallest city , last year. The raise a building was to level 6 not 5, as well. A determined player might finish, a busy or completely new player one might only get to within 10 quests of the end, like the one poster with multiple grocery quests on the last day.

It can be done. I started my Beta city on day 5 of the Air Traders event last June, and I finished the quests for that event, and every event since then. And with only what I was given in-game, with no money spent.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The idea behind the ashen phoenix is pretty nice. But the bonus currency reward is a tad small. It says it only applies to the quest rewards currency. There is about 4223 currency this event from quests only. 2% of that is 84.46 currency. Maybe +-~ given that it will be broken down per quest instead of the over all total. But its close. 85 currency isnt even enough to always open a single chest in the event. So the idea of a 4x4 that requires feeding and still might not give even 1 chest.. or 1 chest at best.. seems faulty. - 5% would atleast be enough to ensure you get one chest worth of currency.

It's a lot more, as each quest is rounded up, so 1% of 49 = 1 event currency
That said I am happy it's a nice but small amount.

If they made a much better phoenix then we all get to many event currency and then they nerf the currency accordingly to bring it back in balance.
As a result people without the phoenix would not be able to complete events and it becomes a 100% needed item.

This borks new players and forces everyone to have it in there city and use it every event.
Now you get another 1-5 chests from it depending on which you take which ain't great but it neither sucks

The Unbeliever

If they made a much better phoenix then we all get to many event currency and then they nerf the currency accordingly to bring it back in balance.
As a result people without the phoenix would not be able to complete events and it becomes a 100% needed item.

This borks new players and forces everyone to have it in there city and use it every event.
Now you get another 1-5 chests from it depending on which you take which ain't great but it neither sucks
Then they should have given it a completely different bonus, like say, "+25% HP boost to all troops for 24hrs" when fed.
At least *that* would be incredibly useful, especially for mid-game Ch8 - 11/12 players & Ch16 - 17 players who have especially been bent backwards over a barrel by the stupid spire/tournament formula. ;)

As it is, the feeding bonus is basically useless garbage 9/10 times, since I've found it very, very rear indeed where I'm only 1-2 chests away from another grand prize at the conclusion of an event.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Then they should have given it a completely different bonus, like say, "+25% HP boost to all troops for 24hrs" when fed.
At least *that* would be incredibly useful, especially for mid-game Ch8 - 11/12 players & Ch16 - 17 players who have especially been bent backwards over a barrel by the stupid spire/tournament formula. ;)

As it is, the feeding bonus is basically useless garbage 9/10 times, since I've found it very, very rear indeed where I'm only 1-2 chests away from another grand prize at the conclusion of an event.

It might be useless to you, and to be frank I am not building and using it either.
But that does not mean that all players feel that way, we on the forums are in general more informed and very calculative about things.

We calculate benefits vs rewards very often but 99% of the players won't do that. to them it's, does it look cool, is the power cool.

And no we do not need more fire phoenix like buildings unless they go overboard and every future pet has such powers so that you have to make choices.

adding only 1 fire phoenix like pet means every player again needs one, and if you do not you are screwed.
So it's either all in spamming these pets like a madman or none at all.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas

Thats a good fact to note.
Using the phoenix quest as an example then:
Quests 1-16 had less then 50 currency reward.
Quest #17-19 was the ones to reach/have 50 currency reward.
Quest #20-75 had over 50 but less then 100 currency reward.

So 16 quests with less then 1 currency bonus (rounded up to 1)
3 quests with exactly 1 currency bonus
and 56 quests with slightly over 1.0 currency reward (rounded up to 2)
(all at 2% bonus)
16+3+112 = 131 currency; if its rounded up each quest.
Better then 85 for sure. But i feel i should add the highest costing chest in this event was 137...
Either way, still nice.

Agreed. Thats why i was surprised to see a second base building after you got all the grand prizes.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i remember one event being a single feather away from the final grand prize artifact that would finish off my building. And i was out of currency. -_-

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
That is just the standard grand prize rotation for all the events. Inno is not going to change that from event to event.
that might be true. I wouldnt know. The evolving building events of the last year or two, im lucky jsut to get to the 7th (overall) artifact. Even with completing every quests and cashing in towrads grand prize. - This event was the first time the currency cash in got me far enough to notice there was a second base. Up until now, i never saw it before.

Ariel Greensleeves

I'm very disappointed with the grand prize ashen phoenix. From the beginning, I decided I was not going to invest the space in my city to ever build it, and this is why:
Ch. 2 level 10 Watchful winter Owl: 140 pop, 283 culture, $35K/day, 3K tools/day
Ch. 5 level 10 Everblossom Sleigh: 208 pop, 416 culture, $97K/day, marble, crystal, 3 ancient wonder KP/day
Ch. 6 level 10 Ashen Phoenix: 315 pop, 384 culture, [event limited bonus], silk 2 KP/day

The very limited gain in pop/culture doesn't really seem worth it, not to add new space for, nor to replace one of my previous event prizes.

Having said that, many of the other daily prize buildings were wonderful and clearly better than other cultural buildings of comparable size.

The Unbeliever

And no we do not need more fire phoenix like buildings unless they go overboard and every future pet has such powers so that you have to make choices.

adding only 1 fire phoenix like pet means every player again needs one, and if you do not you are screwed.
So it's either all in spamming these pets like a madman or none at all.
They are giving out ways to obtain previous a previous year's evo building, such as the Red Chocobo to newer players, hence, there is no inherent 'disadvantage' anymore. Just be patient and eventually, with enough farming, it's possible to get a Lv10 Hothead even if it takes 1-2 years to achieve...

BUT!

We ALL know that the game at this point is heavily rigged *against* the players, especially the late game, Ch16+ players who have seen their costs across the board skyrocket, while production is in no way keeping up...
Newer players have options being in early chapters, but even by mid-game, if you've placed too many expansions and/or invested too heavily into AW's, you're just completely screwed in both the tournaments + spire play.

Hence, at this point we NEED new combat bonuses from event buildings to at least bridge *some* of the current gap, since we all know that the devs will likely not revisit the formula for at least another 2-3+ years. (...if ever, since apparently we filthy power gamers were never meant to obtain 8-10k and higher tourney scores! :rolleyes: )

Iyapo1

We ALL know that the game at this point is heavily rigged *against* the players, especially the late game, Ch16+ players who have seen their costs across the board skyrocket, while production is in no way keeping up...
We dont ALL know this. I know a lot of forum members say this because a lot of forum members used to farm kp. Most players never go out far enough to be impacted by the changes fire chicken or no fire chicken.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
They are giving out ways to obtain previous a previous year's evo building, such as the Red Chocobo to newer players, hence, there is no inherent 'disadvantage' anymore. Just be patient and eventually, with enough farming, it's possible to get a Lv10 Hothead even if it takes 1-2 years to achieve...

BUT!

Newer players have options being in early chapters, but even by mid-game, if you've placed too many expansions and/or invested too heavily into AW's, you're just completely screwed in both the tournaments + spire play.

Hence, at this point we NEED new combat bonuses from event buildings to at least bridge *some* of the current gap, since we all know that the devs will likely not revisit the formula for at least another 2-3+ years. (...if ever, since apparently we filthy power gamers were never meant to obtain 8-10k and higher tourney scores! :rolleyes: )

Yes there is no disadvantage but it's another item that becomes one the "must have" list.
And yes hapter 16-17-18 cities are heavily penalized.

But those buildings will solve nothing in that case, as those buildings also work for cities in lower chapters/ so that balances out.

We dont ALL know this. I know a lot of forum members say this because a lot of forum members used to farm kp. Most players never go out far enough to be impacted by the changes fire chicken or no fire chicken.
yet!

With the current developments each chapter there will be a point where everyone will be affected.
With each consecutive chapter the bar will be placed lower and lower and lower untill at some point the bar is so low that even I do not care about tournaments players are affected.

You cannot sustain rates where production goed up 5-10% and costs go up by 20-25% each chapter, it will not bend, it will break.

Valtitude

@Jackluyt you should be good this time around, as it seemed there were not any new complaints about quests that could not be completed, so I do not expect any of the quests to be adjusted for Live. Same for the daily prizes. I do not think any of them will be swapped out.

But speaking of the daily prizes, there was one day of the event with a horrible bug, and it only happened on that one day, so it may not have been fixed yet. On day 3, the daily prize is a portal profit. But there was some bug/glitch where the info for it did not show properly, and anyone who opened chests that day and got the portal profit, had their game freeze and have to be reloaded to keep playing. I think this was a browser-only bug, but nothing was ever said on the Beta forum about it being fixed. @helya and @Nightguest and @Fornadia can any of you confirm this was fixed or do we expect it to happen on Live too?
Had problems with troops won in the event. Golems treants and sorceress. Didn't show up in instants. Reported.

Valtitude

Yes there is no disadvantage but it's another item that becomes one the "must have" list.
And yes hapter 16-17-18 cities are heavily penalized.

But those buildings will solve nothing in that case, as those buildings also work for cities in lower chapters/ so that balances out.

yet!

With the current developments each chapter there will be a point where everyone will be affected.
With each consecutive chapter the bar will be placed lower and lower and lower untill at some point the bar is so low that even I do not care about tournaments players are affected.

You cannot sustain rates where production goed up 5-10% and costs go up by 20-25% each chapter, it will not bend, it will break.
Currently in seemingly endless Chapter 15. Have played Elvenar since June 2015 with several breaks in play time.

Thought it was 'just me' that I can't make progress in this chapter without spending cash. Saddened to see so many longterm players leaving the game entirely. Number is close to ten in this wave.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Had problems with troops won in the event. Golems treants and sorceress. Didn't show up in instants. Reported.
Unfortunately this is 'working as intended'. We have quests to use troop instants but are only receiving them as daily prizes.

Iyapo1

This is an assumption based on projected mathematics applied to gaming points most players do not reach. Most players dont go past the high halls. Most players dont go past ten tents. At what chapter will the costs of that over run production?
Tournament slayers and KP farmers keep inciting panic and despair in players that are minimally affected.

The Unbeliever

This is an assumption based on projected mathematics applied to gaming points most players do not reach. Most players dont go past the high halls. Most players dont go past ten tents. At what chapter will the costs of that over run production?
Tournament slayers and KP farmers keep inciting panic and despair in players that are minimally affected.
I cannot go beyond Lv2 of the Spire or 10 tournament provinces in fething WOOD ELVES without blowing up my city's resources!!
I have too many AW levels, because apparently I'm power gaming with 54 levels atm in Ch9... this is compounded by the hit from city expansions.
- I cannot produce enough goods to negotiate
- I cannot produce enough troops to fight
- I cannot produce enough Orks resource to negotiate

The game has forced me into a set bubble in which I am allowed to operate, regardless of whether or not I would like to try and do more.
This is BS. Only a completely incompetent fool would think this is 'good' game design.
If I try to go beyond this tiny box, then I am losing far more than I am able to produce within a given week, which then slows down my ability to research/advance even further.

And why are the devs clowning things up this bad anyways?
There is NO PvP in this game...
There is NO plundering/losing of resources to other players in this game...
Scores are completely artificial anyways since the pts system makes literally 0 sense...

Shoehorning players into specific brackets of what they're allowed to achieve is stupid & asinine. No one is being hurt by the kp farmers, especially since INNO themselves have NEVER even tried to police the hordes of push cities, despite that apparently being against the rules!
Let players play the game how they want to!! If some like to push into the 10-15k+ pts range & farm silly amounts of kp? LET THEM!! Eventually it hits a dead end anyways since all AW are level capped.
If smaller players/less active players get butt-hurt over someone else having a monster city vs. theirs? Though, that's their problem to deal with, as everyone has the same toolbox to achieve whatever end result they want.

Fayeanne

And just to clarify, you did receive the troops. They just went straight into your Army Camp. If you'll notice, the icon was just the normal army troop icon, not the icon for the instant.