• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Robert Redbeard Event

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Kind of. It's still a bit tougher for early chapter players
I tried to compare level 5 barracks vs long scout:
level 5 barracks makes ~24 troops per hour, so for 200+300 it's just over 20h of instants to skip the quests.
That means if the level 1 player has a 4h scout, and the big players has 24h scout, then it would cost them each 4x5h instants to skip the quests.
Since many big players have far longer than 24h scouts, I'd actually say the quests tilt towards the small player as far as time goes.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
the Redbeard event seems to be in favor of bigger cities in that the quests for producing troops are nearly impossible for smaller players. In my smaller city I can only produce 23 at a time. My armory can't be built bigger until I research. 200 or 300 troops takes forever. I think this should be adjusted for the little guys.

But with just a couple available 2x2 spaces you can build some temp armories and greatly increase the size of training squads

DeletedUser3468

This event doesn't interest me at all. I don't think the prizes are that great and I really don't like the way they look. After spending over a month doing the winter event (and still catching myself looking for the blasted frozen keys!!!) I'm all evented out! Think I'm going to take a pass on this one. Hope everyone else has fun with it though! :p

DeletedUser6653

one quest is different, hopefully more wont be.
Produce Simple Tools 25 times

DeletedUser5800

My scout time is getting close to 3.5 days
Better start saving time instants just for events! I meant to but got excited and used all of them. I also had provinces pre scouted for encounters but saw an expansion was possible and did them all too! So that's a 72 hrs wait I wasn't intending. LOL

DeletedUser3468

I found one thing I like about this event... the second quest is to buy a knowledge point. Since I'm never doing that, I don't have to worry about accidently completeing a quest and having to collect for it or have the exclamation points further cluttering my screen. I can ignore the two quest icons at the side, but those exclamation points!!! :p

edited to add, since people seem to be misunderstanding what I'm saying...

I only buy kp if I am participating in an event or finishing a quest that I actually want to complete! Assuming that I mean that I never, ever, ever buy kp is silly. I am only refering to the chances of my accidently buying kp for something and thereby completing the second quest, leading to the possibility that I might then accidently accomplish the 3rd, 4th, etc. quests, thus leading to silly exclamation points cluttering my screen even more. I really hate those exclamation points!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

the second quest is to buy a knowledge point. Since I'm never doing that, I don't have to worry about accidently completeing a quest
There's a few players who feel this way, and I've never quite understood it. I've been buying Kp almost every day for well over a year, and it has really helped my city advance. I just don't get why anyone wouldn't take advantage of such an awesome feature.:(

The alternative way to spend excess coins is just so terrible by comparison(wholesaler)
4 KP vs 1000 gems?
For me there's no contest there.

DeletedUser5800

The alternative way to spend excess coins is just so terrible by comparison(wholesaler)
I did some math on that one time and what I came to was there was no reason to even open the wholsaler until 180,000,000 per Kp and to consider a permanent switch was more like double that. I've had many a person tell me I'm wrong though. Something about Pure Slow Military Build / FS vs Solo or whatever made no sense to me. On my 'Turtle' build I'm still going the gold to Kp to Sanctuary route and I have no incite on solo as even when I did it I had enough map neighbors to equal a good FS. :confused:

SoggyShorts

I did some math on that one time and what I came to was there was no reason to even open the wholsaler until 180,000,000 per Kp
If we look at tournaments it's paints a pretty clear picture.
Provinces 10+ give 5KP for round 2, and many players clear those specifically for the KP.
Completing one of those provinces twice can cost upwards of 30K total tier 3 goods... How much coin do you need to spend in the wholesaler to get 30,000 gems?
Let's assume you are a savvy wholesaler, and only click once per 24h
3.5m coins every day gets you enough Tier 3 goods to "buy " 5 KP in the tournament once every month.
or

3.5m coins every day buying KP directly would get you around 100 KP per month.

Yes, KP costs go up, but it would take 33 years for using the wholesaler to become the better choice, and that's assuming your catering costs never go over 30K T3.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I found one thing I like about this event... the second quest is to buy a knowledge point. Since I'm never doing that, I don't have to worry about accidently completeing a quest and having to collect for it or have the exclamation points further cluttering my screen. I can ignore the two quest icons at the side, but those exclamation points!!! :p

So you have never completed a quest that requires buying KP?

DeletedUser5521

If we look at tournaments it's paints a pretty clear picture.
Provinces 10+ give 5KP for round 2, and many players clear those specifically for the KP.
Completing one of those provinces twice can cost upwards of 30K total tier 3 goods... How much coin do you need to spend in the wholesaler to get 30,000 gems?
Let's assume you are a savvy wholesaler, and only click once per 24h
3.5m coins every day gets you enough Tier 3 goods to "buy " 5 KP in the tournament once every month.
or

3.5m coins every day buying KP directly would get you around 100 KP per month.

Yes, KP costs go up, but it would take 33 years for using the wholesaler to become the better choice, and that's assuming your catering costs never go over 30K T3.
OMGeeeheehee...you are completely, totally, at least partially incredibly cookoo!!! LMBO!! (And I mean that in the nicest most loving way..) :p:D:p:D:p:D

DeletedUser5800

Yes, KP costs go up, but it would take 33 years for using the wholesaler to become the better choice
I think at the time the argument was about buying goods in the wholesale and trading for goods to buy Kp as opposed to just using gold to buy Kp, which right now if a Kp cost me 4,440,000 then I could instead spend 20 days taking the first T1 offer and buy 1 Kp for 11,080 goods.... very not optimal, but I've bought many a Kp with T1 already. Say I never had and Kp cost me 40 T1, then I could now buy like 8 for 222,000 worth of wholsaler goods at a fair trade for my own boost.

Note: I'm not really trying to debate you, I agree the wholesaler is blatantly stupid but there are situations where it could very limitedly be the better deal if you happen to have done things a very specific way. :p

What I actually hear the most is someone is solo in a bad hood or in a wacked out FS that is always short something. These problems have better solutions but some people just don't want them. ;)

SoggyShorts

there are situations where it could very limitedly be the better deal if you happen to have done things a very specific way. :pWhat I actually hear the most is someone is solo in a bad hood or in a wacked out FS that is always short something. These problems have better solutions but some people just don't want them. ;)
Yep, a solo player with a terrible map could use it. I've even used the wholesaler a handful of times myself (because I didn't want to wait even a couple minutes to "Gain xxxx crystal")
It's the "I never buy KP" position that I don't understand. Buying KP with coins does more to improve your city than a handful of goods, so unless a player has their city so perfectly balanced that they never get coin capped, it doesn't add up for me.
you are completely, totally, at least partially incredibly cookoo
I have no evidence to contradict this....

DeletedUser3468

So you have never completed a quest that requires buying KP?

Why in the world would you assume that? I'm simply saying that I don't buy kp UNLESS it is a quest that I actually WANT to complete for an event in which I want to participate. Since I have no interest in this event whatsoever, buying kp is something that I won't accidently do! :rolleyes: