• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Role playing Fellowships

• Thread starter DeletedUser7527
  • Start date

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yeah, I bet they all pretend to be wookies and Darth Vader.
<queue screaming nerds>

I do sign my messages, "Captain AJ" since we are Starship Valiant- And sometimes players do play along and call me "captain." But, so far there, no "Number One," or "Chief Engineer" or "Ship Counselor," though I suppose there could be.

The whole role playing thing could be fun but I think you'd have to pick a specific fantasy/sci-fi thing and have all the right people to make it really work, especially since the rank names are pre-set and you can't put in, for instance: "Captain", "Commander," "Chief" and "Ensign" as the titles.

Maybe I'll give SoggyShorts a thrill and make it a suggestion that we are allowed to do that.....flexible naming of ranks....hmmmm....

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Maybe I'll give SoggyShorts a thrill and make it a suggestion that we are allowed to do that.....flexible naming of ranks....hmmmm....
...I love it.
It's been long enough since anyone suggested improved FS Titles and Rights. Custom ones with 5-6 abilities would probably be the best.

ajqtrz

No, actually. Not in the Star Trek FS's I've been briefly part of. These FSs are driven by points, tourney, FA etc. No role playing that I saw.

No, not in the game, but in the relationship between the various FS's the "admiral" is very serious about the title and expects to be obeyed when orders are issued. Not doing so can make the Admiral (or Vice-Admiral) get a bit upset and take whatever actions that can be taken -- It's all sort of sad and overdone that way, but that's just human nature. That's been my experience, anyway. Still, I love the idea and think the organization does a pretty good job and has real potential overall.

AJ

Valtitude

Yes, some of the Star Trek Starship Amages take the game very seriously and are demanding of players. From what I understand, the Star Trek FSs want to be the top FSs across all Elvenar servers.

I had returned from a while away from the game and didn't know what the Star Trek FSs were about. I compete against myself on Elvenar. I don't need or like to be pushed unless it's my idea. Ha! Different strokes for different folks.

all the fellowships i've founded are dog-themed so we tend to woof, arf, and ruff at each other. some of us also give our cities dog themed names. my most imaginative fs, though is on Arendyll. we have our world filled with mules, dragons, dogs, goats, birds, etc. and we're always brewing mead and making sweet oats and cookies, etc. :)

ajqtrz

Yes, some of the Star Trek Starship Amages take the game very seriously and are demanding of players. From what I understand, the Star Trek FSs want to be the top FSs across all Elvenar servers.

I had returned from a while away from the game and didn't know what the Star Trek FSs were about. I compete against myself on Elvenar. I don't need or like to be pushed unless it's my idea. Ha! Different strokes for different folks.

Star Trek fellowships do vary some in their style. In general the Admirals and Vice-Admirals have a vision of their Starships being "top tier" and on K there are two Starships, both doing well. We're ranked 30th (up from 51st a year ago) but I doubt anybody in my fs would say I'm demanding. We took our time and my chief concern in becoming a 10 chest fs was to take it slow enough we could grow into it. We did that with little to no tension, except between myself and the Vice-Admiral who wanted us to move faster, I think. There is strength in a multitude of leadership styles though and I did learn some things from Starship leadership. Now they pretty much leave us to do our thing and, I hope, respect, the idea that sometimes "slow and steady" does win the race.

AJ