• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Roll-up like trades and add quantity columns

BizDani

In the trader, to improve efficiency of space and time (starting to sound like a physics problem now), how about rolling-up identical trades with quantity columns on the post, view, accept, and delete processes. Most beneficial on post and delete where a confirmation dialog is presented with each submission and in the view where lots of paging and space is taken for identical items.

So when posting a trade you can enter how many of the trade you would like to post (could be a standard numeric entry field that can be manually entered or arrow-ed up and down or whatever fabulous UI controls the devs have at their disposal or can imagine these days)

Same on the accept side - enter or arrow up/down how many you want and click accept.

The capability to accept or post should be limited to what you are capable of accomplishing based on inventory etc.

Common values on offer, demand and trader would create a unique row. The counts would move up and down for the given row as trades are posted or accepted.

Saves space, saves paging, saves clicks. Of course if the relational architecture in the db (if they use a relation db) is such that this is not easily amended with a joining table for quantities or something it may be either resource intensive on the system to conduct the rollup's or intensive on the developers to convert the architecture and transform existing data.

Anyway - seems a useful UI/UX improvement if reasonably accomplished.

Thanks and have a great day!

BizDani

Last edited:

DeletedUser61

My preference would be to simply post LARGE trades, and then indicate that you'll accept partial purchases at the indicated price.

BizDani

My preference would be to simply post LARGE trades, and then indicate that you'll accept partial purchases at the indicated price.

Hey Katwijk,

Thanks for the reply - That is an interesting thought. I think that could work as well.

As a poster I click a check box when I post indicating "accept partial trades" or whatever name seems appropriate.

In this scenario, do you envision that the "indicated price" for partial accepts would be any trade of the same items in the same proportions? For instance I post 1000 marble for 1000 planks and click partial trades, someone could accept 900 for 900, 10 for 10, 23, for 23 etc.

I suppose in this approach, the accepting player would only enter the amount of the offered item they were taking and the demanded item would be calculated to account for the trader fees (in the event there are any). There might be other ways around that I am not thinking of so the user doesn't have to calculate their own trader fees.

Thoughts?

Biz

Last edited:

DeletedUser61

For instance I post 1000 marble for 1000 planks and click partial trades, someone could accept 900 for 900, 10 for 10, 23, for 23 etc.
Exactly, and when you indicate the desired amount the purchase price would be automatically calculated, including any fees and and Ancient Wonder discounts, rounded up to an integer value.

BizDani

Exactly, and when you indicate the desired amount the purchase price would be automatically calculated, including any fees and and Ancient Wonder discounts, rounded up to an integer value.

I LIKE IT!!! Lets make it happen!