• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rotate feature

DeletedUser27062

Don't forget we are playing this game for free....

I don't know if free is the word I'd choose. Inno is a profit making company staffed by paid employees. You may not be purchasing any diamonds but you're trading play time for data which is being collected and sold.

edeba

I would love to see some decorative pieces available in mirrored directions but wouldn't be on board with a rotate feature at this point.

That's a great idea for people who wish to design pretty cities. Other games I've played that had design aspects to cities all had the capacity to rotate buildings so there was huge opportunity to build visually appealing cities.

I have two rows of armories and it would look much better to have them set out in an L-shape rather than 2 rows.

edeba

• Rotating Buildings - For starters, this ability will take away from the essence of the game. Can you imagine how easy the game will become if we can simply rotate the buildings' like puzzle pieces to fit as we wish? Additionally, design-wise, it is not possible making this a definite No.

Since the introduction of teleport spells I simply no longer believe this argument.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Since the introduction of teleport spells I simply no longer believe this argument.
Teleporting buildings only gets you past 1/2 of the challenge.
Yes, you can avoid the "sliding puzzle" part of trying to move pieces, but teleporting doesn't help at all with putting pieces back together in the most efficient way.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe there is a reason that our residences and/or workshops change direction every chapter- it's so that we continually re-design our cities. Armories too.
If buildings didn't go from 7x3 to 4x6 it would take almost no effort to find upgrade space: Just move the road 1 square to the left, upgrade, rotate, done.

Basically, if we could rotate at will, you might as well have all 5x5 buildings.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I didn't say I believed it either. I was pointing out that it is a post by a mod stating any ideas/suggestions for this will not be put up for a vote nor will it be forwarded to the devs. That post also talks about the teleport spell.
We can continue to discuss the merits among ourselves if we wish. I just wanted everyone to be aware that it will remain a discussion between players and will never be seen by anyone with any power to implement it.
You can see the entire post here.

shimmerfly

I wanted this feaure too when I first started but now I enjoy rearranging my city between chapters so rotating would make it easier and take some of the challenge away.
I can tear stuff up, replace some roads, put some things in storage, upgrade what I can, and move all the furniture around.
I'm not good at it but I enjoy doing it.
I'm don't play in a competetive way so I'm not too picky.