• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rotating Buildings

DeletedUser2274

I think we should be able to rotate buildings in order to fit them into into the spaces we have available. Some of the upgraded buildings are nearly as big as an entire expansion (5x5). More times than not I, and my fellowships members, are stuck with a whole lot of extra space but nothing can fit into the spaces we have, which, in turn pretty much makes it wasted space-- being able to rotate our buildings, right or left, would help with this issue.
I also think we need to be able to purchase expansions with in-game coinage OR make it a little bit less of a hassle to get a land expansions as most of us work and aren't able to spend the time on the game in order to keep fighting (and sometimes...losing) several provinces to get a tiny 5x5 spot to put one single building and still not have room for other buildings or upgrades. More than 3 or 4 provinces is a little bit ridiculous in order to gain and land expansion.

DeletedUser2313

@Lady Elisa - RE: excessive requirements for real estate expansions. AMEN! sista. It is so much harder to expand your real estate in Elvenar than it is in FoE. I do believe they are trying to push everyone into becoming 'credit card' players. This game would be so much more enjoyable if they would lighten up a bit. I heard the game compared to football on tv: 15 seconds of intense action followed by long periods of inactivity. I've been playing on the Beta server for quite some time now and I just recently started playing on the US server.

DeletedUser2274

@Lady Elisa - RE: excessive requirements for real estate expansions. AMEN! sista. It is so much harder to expand your real estate in Elvenar than it is in FoE. I do believe they are trying to push everyone into becoming 'credit card' players. This game would be so much more enjoyable if they would lighten up a bit. I heard the game compared to football on tv: 15 seconds of intense action followed by long periods of inactivity. I've been playing on the Beta server for quite some time now and I just recently started playing on the US server.

@Aragon-V I agree! I think that if I hadn't been so far into the game, I would possibly quit this one and start FoE, I've always been interested in it but I am a full-time student on top of everything else and don't really have time to put into building up another game. I think that if they fix a few little things on here, it'll be an awesome game! It is an awesome game now, but there are just a few things that could be done to make it a bit more practical because, I for one, will not become a credit card player... I will stop playing altogether before I spend a weeks pay on a game for something that I will never physically have.

DeletedUser2313

Posts were merged and a warning for multi-posting was issued.
@Lady Elisa FoE is a confrontational game with players attacking one another and stealing coin and production when they are successful. True, there is a lot more going on in FoE but that aspect of the game takes something away from it. I have no problem with attacking another player for points, I do it all the time, but the only time I have ever plundered someone was because it was a requirement of an event quest. The up side is that it is a lot easier to progress in FoE than this game. I used to play in one of inno's other games - Geroplis - talk about cutthroat! That game was all about dominance & the ultimate objective was to wipe everyone out & control the 'world'. After playing about 3 months, I had enuff & left. I mean GD guys get a life - it's just a game.

One of the things that is good about FoE is that they often give diamond packages as prizes in their event contest. Over the last year & 1/2 I managed to collect almost 2K in diamonds & never had to pay for any of them.

I have found that, even playing on the Beta 1 server which is the test platform for elvenar, they do not respond well to suggestions.

Live long & prosper

@Sky.Dance What is it about it that you like?

@Lady Elisa /Sky.Dance I am thinking of starting a fellowship in the Winyandor world. Would either of you be interested?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2274

Hi, again, @Aragon-V! I'm not sure if FoE would be my kind of game after all lol. I love city building type games, but I like to be leisurely about it, do it at my pace and without fear of someone taking my s**t lol. I used to want to really play Grepolis but I just never really had time to check it out much. I had started a city in Winyandor, I haven't done much with it but it's there.... if you start one there let me know and I will look u up and join :)

DeletedUser2313

@Lady Elisa Hi again, again. If you are a full-time student you definitely would not have the time to devote to Geroplis. I used to play on my lunch hour at work and in the evening if I had a chance but you almost can't have any life outside the game if you want to be at all successful. I just got tired of spending all the time & resources to build up my city only to log in the next day to discover I had either been wiped out or was on the verge of being wiped out. I thought that joining an alliance (same as guild or fellowship) would help me keep from getting creamed all the time. But I soon discovered that all the other members really wanted was me to run interference for them and provide troops for their campaigns.

Re: Fellowship I have been surfing the world map looking for likely candidates or for an established fellowship to join. The worlds appear to be relatively young. Most of the existing fellowship are either 'starters' (one or two members) or are closed to new members. I'm a member of one on the Beta server and the way it is set up it is extremely helpful especially for members toward the bottom of the rankings. We don't really have any 'rules' except that we expect members to be as active as they can and that advanced member be willing to accept 'unfair' trades from less advanced members.

So in order for that to work, the fellowship needs to have several advanced members as well as a good mix of intermediate and 'newbie' players. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Right now, in this world, I would call myself a relative newbie. I'm currently playing in all worlds on the US server. Windandor is my most advanced world at the moment. If I can establish a fellowship or find one to join in this world, I may abandon a couple of the others.

DeletedUser2274

That sounds about right. In my fellowship at the moment, I'm the most advanced and I do try to buy out the trades that my fellowship puts up, fair or not, but sometimes I just don't have the goods to do it all the time. I think I found you and invited u, but I'm not totally sure it's you. If not, you can still look us up and view the fellowship to make sure you want to join or not. :)

DeletedUser1876

I think we should be able to rotate buildings in order to fit them into into the spaces we have available. Some of the upgraded buildings are nearly as big as an entire expansion (5x5). More times than not I, and my fellowships members, are stuck with a whole lot of extra space but nothing can fit into the spaces we have, which, in turn pretty much makes it wasted space-- being able to rotate our buildings, right or left, would help with this issue.
I also think we need to be able to purchase expansions with in-game coinage OR make it a little bit less of a hassle to get a land expansions as most of us work and aren't able to spend the time on the game in order to keep fighting (and sometimes...losing) several provinces to get a tiny 5x5 spot to put one single building and still not have room for other buildings or upgrades. More than 3 or 4 provinces is a little bit ridiculous in order to gain and land expansion.

Rotating culture would also be helpful. Example the blue flowers. They often have to be deleted as the game progresses, because they can't be rotated.

The hollowed shrines often are pointed the wrong way.

DeletedUser

I agree.. We should definitely be able to rotate items. I understand that the object is to plan ahead, but sometimes, you are left with no option but to sell culture items in order to make room for some other building just because its bigger than you have room for. I wonder if the people that design the game ever actually read these forums and try to incorporate any of the suggestions though?!?

DeletedUser594

Rotating buildings may be the most often requested change to the game (streamlining Nh is up there too).
They won't do rotation in part bcs of the technical issues in having 4 viewing angles, and in part bcs it's an intentional aspect of gameplay and rotation takes the puzzle like challenge out of city building. There was discussion going up the flagpole on beta but I haven't kept up. Forge of empires has a swap option where you can place a building in an occupied spot while simultaneously grabbing the occupying building and that works well enough to ease up the logjam while still being challenging. .

DeletedUser

Varron, there was a live Q & A that they did on the Facebook page through the live stream feature right as fairies were coming on. Someone suggested that "swap" feature like is in FOE, and they said they are open to the idea. He said just go to the boards and post about it so they see there is interest and they will consider it as a future addition. So just keep talking about it and we should get it. :)

DeletedUser2479

I agree.. We should definitely be able to rotate items. I understand that the object is to plan ahead, but sometimes, you are left with no option but to sell culture items in order to make room for some other building just because its bigger than you have room for. I wonder if the people that design the game ever actually read these forums and try to incorporate any of the suggestions though?!?
I wonder that also. And, from what I've read here, a large number of people do. There is lots of speculation that they do not. Seems like many people have reached the conclusion that they ignore what's here. Worst thing a company could do is simply ignore an engaged customer. Guess this company doesn't mind offending their customer base? Idk, sure seems they'd figure out some way of letting customers know that they were (at the very minimum) aware of our presence here :p

DeletedUser4071

this is the best idea i have seen recently. i have these blue flowers(which are my main contributor to my culture), and i want them in a spot so that they look good on my design skills, but they would need to be rotated for that.

DeletedUser1025

I would love to see the buildings rotate. I try to build my city so that the buildings are grouped according to function and chapter but it doesn't look right or like a real city when half the buildings are facing in the wrong direction. The creators have said it's to difficult to have the buildings rotate but what about having the squares they sit on rotate instead of the buildings? It would be so nice to be able to rotate the buildings.

LordRezal

I agree there is too much wasted space. Places where Could fit in flowers for culture, but the 2 blocks that are empty are facing the wrong way.Also it takes FOREVER to earn expansions only to have them filled up with one thing after I receive them, and then it takes weeks to earn another.

DeletedUser8361

A friend of mine who plays this game made a similar suggestion about rotating buildings and also suggested an idea to acquire diamonds. but she heard nuthin back!

DeletedUser6612

If we can't have the ability to rotate buildings, perhaps they would consider a "staging" aspect.

In another game I played, we had the ability to open a diagram/simulation of our city, completely clear our land and play around with the buildings to find the best fit for everything, then save it. Caveat was everything you had before starting the reno had to be placed before saving.

This particular game also had the ability to store your buildings in your inventory and then bring them back as needed. Both of these options would help with the land lock issue significantly.

DeletedUser8818

If we can't have the ability to rotate buildings, perhaps they would consider a "staging" aspect.

In another game I played, we had the ability to open a diagram/simulation of our city, completely clear our land and play around with the buildings to find the best fit for everything, then save it. Caveat was everything you had before starting the reno had to be placed before saving.

This particular game also had the ability to store your buildings in your inventory and then bring them back as needed. Both of these options would help with the land lock issue significantly.