• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rotation

• Thread starter DeletedUser5659
  • Start date

DeletedUser5278

This has ceased to be a fantasy city builder game for some time now... There are no updates or has been no updates for the city building aspect for quite some time ... Yes, they have released guest races, but I consider that game progression and not actually city building... You have no real choices over what path your city takes and very limited choices over what you can do to your city... With the exception of the Event buildings in cities, everyone's cities look pretty much the exact same, Since the game emphasis is on trying to cram as much stuff on a limited amount of space as possible, ultimately leads to everything looking the same... Things like no building rotation, no customization, lack of things to city build with, only proves that the city building aspect is not really alive...
This game however has turned into a fantasy city manager game.. You manage your resources, supplies, gold, fellowships, trades, troops, upgrades, knowledge research and city space... I like the manager aspect of the game, but still would like to city build eventually ...

The true challenge in this game is trying to find the right balance of building space to place everything, while maintaining progress and profitable production, and that is the puzzle of each city to find the right balance within the system in place...
I agree. The emphasis in updates has been in areas other than city building and customization. It's sad - because like many, I thought this was a city building game when I began. Managing resources is certainly less fun than designing and customizing a magical city.

DeletedUser4310

seems to me, good game development is often player driven. When you have a large portion of your player base asking for something to make the game more playable, less frustrating, developers should listen ... rather than throwing out "it'll never happen" type of comments. Want the game to grow and thrive? listen to your player base. simple solution to a frustrating problem in the game .. allow rotation... allow suggestions without snippy comments shutting players down.

DeletedUser61

allow rotation... allow suggestions without snippy comments shutting players down.
"Some" players think that everything that they suggest is gospel, and can't be bothered to do a simple search.
The snippy comment occur, in large part, when a new poster is drawing muddy water out of an old well.

Deleted User - 1221058

I can see how this is not as much of a city building game as I would have liked or even thought it was. Sadly, I will concede to that idea.

It still doesn't change basic facts though. I have a great fellowship and like what I am doing now, but I can see how I might soon bore of certain aspects, as long as the game designers keep the track they are on and do nothing to change the direction.