• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Routine Trading

DeletedUser61

My daily routine, for trading, is as follows. I'm particularly interested in effective Honey-Do lists.
  1. Offer: If something is needed for a Quest, or an upcoming technology or building upgrade, use the Offer filter and pick up those items, even if they're offered at a 50% premium.
    • You may want to post your own offers, and let the other guy pay the premiums
    • You may want to scout towards a city that offers the goods that you need
  2. Demand: Check to see where you have A LOT of goods, and use the Demand filter. Don't be afraid to buy at a 50% premium if it's something that you're going to need anyway.
    • Your boosted goods will typically be your highest number, unless you've done some heavy trading.
    • Again, you may want to scout towards a city that needs the goods that you have to offer
    • Similar boosts lie along a 5 o'clock to 11 o'clock diagonal, with the same relic in every 3rd sector
    • The diagonals themselves repeat every 4.5 sectors.
  3. Bargains: Clear the filters, and look for 3 star bargains Avoid "bargains" if you already have way too much of that item.
  4. Fellowship: Click on the Fellowship filter, and clear all of the 2-star trades even if it hurts a little bit, unless the trade would totally mess up your inventory balance.
The main advantage of using a Honey-Do list is that you won't forget things. Here's my daily dozen.
  1. Collect the Coins, Supplies, Goods, and Troops; don't forget your Main Hall and Dwarven Bulwark.
  2. Clear the completed quests, and evaluate any new ones
  3. Cycle the workshops (They require NO resources.)
  4. Check the tech tree, and use up some Knowledge Points, etc
    • Once you've completed your Tech Tree, all of your Knowledge Points will go into Ancient Wonders
    • During the midgame you should allocate 10% or so of your KPs for the development of your AWs. Don't press when you need Coins, Supplies, or Goods for your tech tree. It's far better to divert some extra points to an Ancient Wonder, while you're waiting.
  5. Cycle your manufacturing (Coins, Supplies, and perhaps Secondary Goods are required)
  6. Cycle your barracks (Supplies are required)
  7. Go to the World Map, and acquire at least 4 relics per day until you've at least satisfied the (Release 1.0) gating requirements for the Advanced Scouting technology at the start of the next Chapter in the Technology Tree.
    • Knock down your Coins total, by scouting anything that's available
    • Clear some Checkpoints, once they become available in a future release. Soon™
    • Visit your neighbors if you could use some more Coins and Supplies
    • Visit your fellows if you could use some more Coins and Supplies, or if you're obliged to do so
    • Repeat Step #4 of you need to leave more room for your hourly Knowledge Points
  8. If you have at least 200 workers to spare, upgrade your Workshops and/or Manufacturing (Goods are not required to upgrade Workshops.)
  9. If you need more culture, add some. (If you already have plenty of Coins and Supplies, 100% Culture is all you need.)
  10. If you have fewer than 200 workers to spare, upgrade your Residences. Starting with level 9, each subsequent level requires goods from a different tier; see https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Residence#Residence_Overview
  11. Upgrade your Main Hall if you're still close to your maximums Note that there's a blue bar graph behind the numbers.
  12. Trade to balance your inventory.
Use the Wholesaler, to exchange excess Boosted Goods, Coins, and/or Supplies at 20%, for unboosted goods that you can't obtain otherwise. WHENEVER you have to use the Wholesaler, you should seriously consider adjusting your mix of Residences, Workshops, and Manufacturing buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1017

Informative stuff Katwijk...thanks.

I am fortunate to have a surplus of goods, so I always try to accept ALL my neighbors trades. Hey...active neighbors are few and far between...I'd like to keep any active neighbor I can get...even if the trades hurt sometimes. I've lost more neighbors than.... (Fill in the blank)

As far as the wholesaler is concerned...unfortunately I find myself using it daily due to an excess of coinage. I don't want to pay the diamonds for population, so I am forced to build way more residences than my coin needs require. Daily, I am converting 1+ million coins into goods. Not very efficient, but until another option for gaining population arises, I don't see another way.

One thing I might suggest...when you gain your 4 relics per day...you might want to leave provinces at 7/8 completed until unlocking the next Ancient Wonder you're working on. For instance, I just unlocked the Dwarven Wonders yesterday, and had 20 provinces that were 7/8 completed. This allowed me to go back, knock out the 8th encounter for each 20 provinces, and collect 20 runes. Because I had just unlocked the dwarven runes I was able to obtain Mountain Hall and Bulwark runes. If had had completely finished those provinces I would still be trying to round up enough runes to build my wonder.

I think I'm gonna use this strategy for level 7 too...finish provinces 7/8 so that when I get to the Fairy Wonders I can go back and complete them, and hopefully obtain a few Fairy Runes in the process. I'll lose out on province expansions during the process, but it'll seem like Christmas morning once you unlock the wonders. :)

Deleted User - 107391

I am fortunate to have a surplus of goods, so I always try to accept ALL my neighbors trades.....
wholesaler ...unfortunately I find myself using it daily due to an excess of coinage. ... Daily, I am converting 1+ million coins into goods. ...
Are you my clone? I could have typed this.
One thing I might suggest...when you gain your 4 relics per day...you might want to leave provinces at 7/8 completed until unlocking the next Ancient Wonder you're working on. For instance, I just unlocked the Dwarven Wonders yesterday, and had 20 provinces that were 7/8 completed. This allowed me to go back, knock out the 8th encounter for each 20 provinces, and collect 20 runes. Because I had just unlocked the dwarven runes I was able to obtain Mountain Hall and Bulwark runes. If had had completely finished those provinces I would still be trying to round up enough runes to build my wonder.
Except for me it didn't work. I got 1 rune for the Mountain Hall, 4 for Bulwarks, and the rest of them (more than 15) were all for AW.

*sigh* Kind of losing interest...