• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rules regarding Multi Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Spinner

Please be aware that our General Terms and Conditions were created to apply across all our games and are not necessarily tailor made for every individual game. For this reason, our game rules are created to provide more specific rules for playing each of our individual games. Therefore, the game rules of Elvenar should be considered paramount.
The game rules do not forbid multiple accounts unless they violate the pushing rule.
Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points, etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.

The keywords is Resource transfers which imply items that can be donated or traded so that means Goods and KP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Many people do not understand the difference between an illegal alt account and a legal, additional ID. I suggest they simply ask Inno in order to clear up their confusion and prevent them from passing on bad info. I did.

BrinDarby

No matter what Inno does people will game the system.
There's a difference between game'n the system and using
the rules to one's advantage.

In USA Football , last 5 min of 1/2 , time stops if you go
outta bounds..... thats a rule, teams use this rule to thier
advantage , as they should.

In general, using the rules to one's advantage isn't
cheating, its smart gameplay. [MOD EDIT] Text removed

My Harandar/Fely cities weren't created for FAs, its
what Bob Ross calls, a happy accident.....

Now Dew is right globally too, because whatever Inno
sets as the rules, ppl will use them to thier advantage.

CH3, 5, 7 doesn't matter, there is no comparison between
a 2day old CH3,5,7 city and a 3 yr old CH3,5,7 city. Inno
must balance the game out to the median of these types
of cities. Thus, older more mature cities have some adv.

Since my CH5 city got hosed recently, I'm trying something.
I'm building it ( no xtra land ) to be a fully functional city,
but planned out for a FA too. Just to see whats possible.......

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Many people do not understand the difference between an illegal alt account and a legal, additional ID. I suggest they simply ask Inno in order to clear up their confusion and prevent them from passing on bad info. I did.
To be fair, inno is incredibly lax with their rules and enforcement of them, so in practice, it's not really "legal vs illegal, but more
"anything goes"
vs​
"I don't approve of that"

It's an argument almost as old as gaming itself:
"When does fair play within the rules of the game become an exploit?"

For some, anything the game rules don't explicitly prohibit is fair game, while others prefer the definition that anything which wasn't intended by the developers and/or goes against their own perceived "spirit of the game" is not.

I don't believe either side is right or wrong, but most players will have a preference and lean pretty heavily to one side of the debate and those on opposite sides are sure to clash when it matters (luckily it mostly doesn't matter in the FA...yet)

Last edited:

StarLoad

It's an argument almost as old as gaming itself:
"When does fair play within the rules of the game become an exploit?"
I agree but would argue that the word "fair" is partly where the disconnect starts.
"When does playing within the rules of the game become an exploit?"

Yes, we all have opinions of what we think is fair and not, so the "trades" issue using "fair" is probably axiomatic to creating this disconnect, as an example.

Ed

Dew Spinner

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the rule was that you could have a city in each world but not 2 cities in a single world, hence the term "Alt". Another city in a different world would not be considered an "Alt". Also I believe the rule is that if you have a another city that is actively helping your Main city to advance that is called "Pushing". If someone is using and "Alt" city to "Push" prizes from FA, Tournament and/or Spire into their Main city wouldn't that be considered "Pushing", no matter how crappy the prizes are? @Astram can we get some clarification on this matter?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Games rules define Pushing
7. Pushing
Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points, etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.

Alt accounts have not been stated to be Illegal within the rules as posted.

NOTE I ADDED the bolding for emphasis.

SoggyShorts

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the rule was that you could have a city in each world but not 2 cities in a single world
Incredibly it actually matters which server you are on with different countries having a different interpretation of the rule.
Mostly the response from support seems to be that ANY city which is "actively played" is a legit city and there are no limits to how many you can have, even on the same world.
In some cases, like the EN servers there was an interpretation that meant you couldn't even play with family in the same FS legally due to a moronic misinterpretation of rule # 7

Dew Spinner

Games rules define Pushing
7. Pushing

Alt accounts have not been stated to be Illegal within the rules as posted.

NOTE I ADDED the bolding for emphasis.
Just for clarification, If and Alt account is used to "Push" a FS to Gold Spire, thereby "Pushing" extra Diamonds into a Player's Main City, that is not considered Pushing?

StarLoad

A former CM that we all knew and Mostly loved verified that multiple accounts even in the same world were ok as long it wasn't used for pushing as noted in the rules.
If and Alt account is used to "Push" a FS to Gold Spire, thereby "Pushing" extra Diamonds into a Player's Main City, that is not considered Pushing?
the pushing is the transfer of "X" from one account to another both playing for the same goal without transfer does not sound like pushing to me.

Ed

SoggyShorts

Just for clarification, If and Alt account is used to "Push" a FS to Gold Spire, thereby "Pushing" extra Diamonds into a Player's Main City, that is not considered Pushing?
Good luck trying to define "routine unbalanced transfers of resources etc" when it comes to the FA, spire or tournament since technically everyone gets something out if it and "balance" is relative.
In my experience inno support leans very heavily on the side of caution and almost nothing is ban-worthy.

Dew Spinner

A former CM that we all knew and Mostly loved verified that multiple accounts even in the same world were ok as long it wasn't used for pushing as noted in the rules.

the pushing is the transfer of "X" from one account to another both playing for the same goal without transfer does not sound like pushing to me.

Ed
OK then, a lot of players should create Alt accounts and bring their FSs to Gold Spire status, if it is not against the rules then it is Fair play.

BrinDarby

@ Astram ,
I seriously don;t understand here .......

I read the "rules as posted" , don't Terms of Service for Elvenar
and all InnoGames's games superceede things ??

Art. 5 Accounts​

5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.

Dew Spinner

@ Astram ,
I seriously don;t understand here .......

I read the "rules as posted" , don't Terms of Service for Elvenar
and all InnoGames's games superceede things ??

Art. 5 Accounts​

5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.
This is exactly what I thought the rule was! And this is exactly why we need clarification about this matter. What is the "actual" rule?

Dew Spinner

Uh oh, there's the naughty word again: "fair" :p
Unfortunately, we have no way of determining what is "fair" if we don't know what the actual rules are. In the ToS it is strictly forbidden and @Astram post says it isn't against the rules. This "Alt" and "Pushing" matter needs to be clarified once and for all. This has been brought up several times before and the "Rule" is never defined. It is either Illegal or Legal to have a second city in the same world, it can't be both

Status
Not open for further replies.