• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Shard changes

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Please share how you handled this on Beta and/or EN and/or how you plan to handle it here. Is it completely ridiculous to think it can be "handled" at all? I am especially interested in ideas outside of your normal KP exchange.

Some thoughts, from our experience in Beta:

1. Senior players with hundreds of common low level rune shards can help the newcomers to finish their wonders free of charge. There will be a feeding frenzy at first - but the KP costs nothing, and they stay in the fellowship!
2. No need to have special swap threads - your normal Endless Chain threads work just fine. Particularly if they are divisible by 15.
3. There is a 'lock' that kicks in if a city receives a lot more KP than it receives - InnoGames are not going to tell us the precise cut-off level because that would help people who run 'Push Accounts'.
4. You cannot get locked it you give 10 KP to your own wonders - it is only a net import / export imbalance that triggers it. But why use your Rune Shard to get only 10 KP when you can get 15 KP from it by swapping? If you are averse to using Swap Threads, find a Dump Buddy and drop equal numbers of shards on each other's wonders, so there is no import/.export imbalance.
5. If you do get blocked, donating a few KP to another player will unlock you - but InnoGames are not telling how many is required. And they have also asked us not to discuss this number, which is their right to preserve their own intellectual property.
6. The lock goes away after a day or so - but we suspect that if you keep getting blocked, the game might become stricter with its cut-off points - to counter 'Push Accounts'.
7. Get your friends to check if you have wonders ready to upgrade! If everyone is dropping lots of KP on friends, it is easy to miss that someone has finished a wonder for you - and unfortunately there is not way in the present browser version to quickly scan for completed wonders; but friends can see these at a single glance.
8. IMO, this is going to make it far too easy for beginners to get a lot of level 30 wonders. Up till now, having lots of high-level Wonders has required dedication and hard work - or cheating. Now everyone is going to have the early-level Wonders maxed quite quickly - cancelling all the hard work that older players have put in.
I don't like the effect it will have on the game ultimately - though in the short term it will appear to be excellent and welcome. I suspect that with a sudden surge of powerful Wonders appearing in everyone's cities, the designers may be forced to rebalance the game to make the playing field level again - in which case, what would the point have been of making this change?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have a 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and 100
Your mailbox must be full constantly, that's the whole first page :oops:
2. No need to have special swap threads - your normal Endless Chain threads work just fine. Particularly if they are divisible by 15.

The most active 5-7 players in swap threads are set to reap massive rewards from their fellows now, even more so than before. The other 18-20 FS members will be getting burned pretty hard.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One thing worth mentioning is that the FS perks have been significantly devalued by this.

E.G.
I now get 6 KP per day from perk
and
+300 KP per week just from runes in the tournament (20 provinces x 1 rune @15Kp)

Sure, 1 point in the visits buff is nice, but the tournament Perk is basically a tool that lets you get 1 more chest for 10 KP every other week. which is now even less meaningful, which leaves the spire Perk which is nice for an emergency but that's about it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The most active 5-7 players in swap threads are set to reap massive rewards from their fellows now, even more so than before. The other 18-20 FS members will be getting burned pretty hard
Yes, the gap between the Haves and Have Nots widens, unless you have generous big cities willing to give away runes to help the little guys. I built my EN FS from scratch with a bunch of new cities so I am a big fish in a little pond there. Here, I am on page 3 of the roster listing so I will be a small fish in a big pond and the one getting stuck, as I won’t have the runes for late wonders to freely throw about. Everyone will have the earlier runes I have in abundance.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Yes, the gap between the Haves and Have Nots widens, unless you have generous big cities willing to give away runes to help the little guys. I built my EN FS from scratch with a bunch of new cities so I am a big fish in a little pond there. Here, I am on page 3 of the roster listing so I will be a small fish in a big pond and the one getting stuck, as I won’t have the runes for late wonders to freely throw about. Everyone will have the earlier runes I have in abundance.
Why would you be getting stuck?

Iyapo1

Here, I am on page 3 of the roster listing so I will be a small fish in a big pond and the one getting stuck, as I won’t have the runes for late wonders to freely throw about. Everyone will have the earlier runes I have in abundance.
I am also a little fish in my Fellowships. I also wont have the runes for late wonders to freely throw about and everyone will have have the earlier runes I have in abundance...I fail to see how this is bad for me. In any way.
Better for them, yes. But not bad for me, what am I missing?

crackie

Because if your FS is on swap threads and you got Runes of every type in abundance as a big city, you can zip through your wonders using runes. If someone asks for say Shrine of Champions in a 120KP swap for example, well, you'll have to wait your turn for a wonder you can use runes on or pay the 120KPs with AWPs or your KP bar if you're one of those that keep thousands upon thousands in your KP bar. When that common denominator wonder comes up that you have tons of runes for, like Needles, everyone else will have hundreds of runes for Needles as well. And if they are all big fishes, maybe their Needles are already tapped out to max so you can't use your abundance of Needle runes on them, but they can on yours. Your swap opportunities become smaller.

crackie

And if you're a small city where the big boys and girls have already maxed out their wonders of the ones you have a lot of, you'll have to go outside the FS to dump those runes to get your 15KP value.

Alram

Flippers just flip
And if you're a small city where the big boys and girls have already maxed out their wonders of the ones you have a lot of, you'll have to go outside the FS to dump those runes to get your 15KP value.
Ah. PvP? It's a race to spend the runes within the FS?

crackie

I can use runes as KP. My swap opportunities increased because I now have more KP to swap. Even if I only grab 1 or 2 swap threads a week that I can use runes on it is still an increase. My swap opportunities increased just not as much as late game players.
Tis true. The bigger fishies will have the most opportunities still though, and so the gap widens between the Haves and Have Nots. They can dump to you and get 15 out of theirs.

Crackie what chapter are you on EN?
only at Woodelves (9), but I'm a giant amongst chap 4 and 5 cities :cool:

crackie

Ah. PvP? It's a race to spend the runes within the FS?
No, but I'd like my wonders upgraded sooner rather than later as a preference to my playing style. Sooner I have it upgraded, the longer I benefit from that upgrade.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ah you could do an exchange with me (on F), or my alternate city (on A or W). I would rather trade with you than high level pushers. PM my main account pls.

crackie

Thank you! I will take this opportunity up in the future if I am stalling, but I don't have this problem on EN account bc we're doing pile-ons instead of swaps. We don't have to scrape around for loose change until we have the right denominations to donate into right swap thread. We dump however much at whatever pace and it's super speedy regardless because everyone's working on the same wonder.