• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Shard changes

Augrim

Following on this change I'm starting to count runeshards from chests in the Wonder Society I run, which involves transcribing all the shard rewards in wonder chests into the spreadsheet.

I found the charts here: https://elvengems.com/ancient-wonders/reward-charts/

...but just in case: Does anyone have this info in a spreadsheet somewhere to save me a whole bunch of data entry work?

edit: Nevermind, I transcribed it all from Elven Gems. That said, does anyone have chest data for levels 31-35 of the wonders? Or for Spire Library and Tournament Arena? Those aren't on Elven Gems. (Nobody in my FS is up that high but it'd be good to have in the spreadsheet for the future.)

Last edited:

C-Nymph

It's all fun and giggles, until you discover the new feature they didn't mention they implemented called "receiverKpLimit"...

MagicPagan

I love the new feature. There are several AWs I've chosen not to place in my city and I have hundreds of shards for each one. Why shouldn't someone else benefit from those? I'm sure not going to be.

I have 4 cities in different worlds, and am in 4 FS. In three of them, people were being happily surprised by being able to upgrade AWs waaaaay at the backs of their lists, the ones they thought would take forever to upgrade because another one always seems to be more important. In one of the FS, people were chatting back and forth, "Who needs KP on a GA? An EE?" and deals were happily being made.

And in one FS, the AM and a Mage are *still* trying to convince people to "wait a week or two." The AM has just announced in the discussion thread that upgrading your AWs will make it harder to fight in spire and tournament.

WTH?!? So is no one, at any time, supposed to upgrade an AW? (I have asked that question.)

Why would anyone running a FS try to dissuade people from using this new feature?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
And in one FS, the AM and a Mage are *still* trying to convince people to "wait a week or two." The AM has just announced in the discussion thread that upgrading your AWs will make it harder to fight in spire and tournament.

WTH?!? So is no one, at any time, supposed to upgrade an AW? (I have asked that question.)

Why would anyone running a FS try to dissuade people from using this new feature?
It is a true statement, but so does unlocking mandatory techs, adding new plots, and raising your relic boost. I doubt she's also announcing they should stop progressing on the tech tree when the mandatory techs will make you feel it more than wonder upgrade levels. People who fly through chapters will hit a wall much faster than someone upgrading a bunch of wonders. If you're a caterer and building a bunch of military wonders, then that's prob not the most effective choice. If you're a fighter, military wonders can only help you. Use discernment. Don't build every single wonder. All will be well.

I am simultaneously upgrading my wonders and waiting for the other shoe to drop. They'll prob tweak the formula in the future to rebalance for all these wonders suddenly jumping in levels and then we can't undo our wonder levels unless we sell it. But hey, we got to make use of otherwise useless runes, right? Doubt that'll happen in 2 weeks though, so why wait? Some of us are more comfortable playing with fire than others.

Hawk1911

I like the new feature, but I am one of those A-mages advising caution. I run a gold spire FS, and many of my mates are around chpt 10. Some as low as ch3, and some as high as ch18. Adding too many AW levels too fast can make it very difficult to complete the Spire, for those that care. The costs go up quickly with additional AW levels. I've had some members who had to delete (and throw away all the kp invested) an AW because the Spire became to difficult (squad sizes were too large)

My advice, use some caution and progress at a rate where you can still achieve your primary goals.

Edit: also, the rune shards don't expire, so what's the rush? I hope the AW frenzy will calm down just a little :)

Last edited:

Augrim

@Augrim they are in ElvenArchitect.
The buildings and their benefits are on ElvenArchitect. I do not see any information on how many runeshards are in each donation reward chest at each upgrade level. Is it somewhere I'm not seeing by going to the Buildings section and searching for each wonder?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I like the new feature, but I am one of those A-mages advising caution. I run a gold spire FS, and many of my mates are around chpt 10. Some as low as ch3, and some as high as ch18. Adding too many AW levels too fast can make it very difficult to complete the Spire, for those that care. The costs go up quickly with additional AW levels. I've had some members who had to delete (and throw away all the kp invested) an AW because the Spire became to difficult (squad sizes were too large)

This may have actually had nothing to do with the AW, but rather with the chapter they were in. I would have to find the info, but from what I remember for the Spire, entering chapter 4 makes the enemies go from 1-sar to 2-star and entering chapter 8 makes them go from 2-star to 3-star. So someone starting chapter 8 would be totally unprepared for that big ramp up in difficulty.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Augrim
I don't see the chest rewards on EA either. The Italian site has them here. I use Google Translate, but depending on what I'm looking at on the site, some things don't translate as easily, lol! Still, it's more up to date than many of the English sites. Click on any AW to go to the spreadsheet for chest rewards. It only shows the kp rewards since it was done prior to this most recent update.

Hawk1911

This may have actually had nothing to do with the AW, but rather with the chapter they were in.
You are correct that as chapters progress the difficulty of the opponents increases from 1star to 2star and so on. According to Minmax's calculations (done a year or 2 ago) he was able to determine how the squad size is calculated. AW levels is a primary factor (among a few other things) that contributes to the size of the squads.

So there are 2 parts, the difficulty or the number of stars the enemy troops have and the a quantity of troops or squad size you are fighting. The increased squad sizes makes it more expensive in troops or supply/goods to cater.

The factors for squad size:
- total number of unlocked mandatory tech items (research)
- total number of AW levels
- number of placed premium expansions
- number of placed non-premium expansions (including initial 6)
- total number of placed expansions (including initial 6)
- maximum unlocked boost percentage for T1/T2/T3 goods

Source: Minmax's Spire Squad Size model v5.0

Side note: I have not seen anything that disproves Minmax's calculations and he provided sufficient detail to convince me he had it right.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
The buildings and their benefits are on ElvenArchitect. I do not see any information on how many runeshards are in each donation reward chest at each upgrade level. Is it somewhere I'm not seeing by going to the Buildings section and searching for each wonder?
Sorry, my misunderstanding of what you were after.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I too am advising caution. As an AM, I received a complaint from a player whose current 'favourite' Wonder received hundreds of unsolicited KPs, to the point that she is worrying about being out of balance, not to mention, she plays once to twice a day and folks let her postings on the swap threads high and dry.

Come on, @helya, this is ridiculous, we can't just donate to friends, and I can see the screaming during the next FA! I'll have to take most Wonders off road.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I set up a 15KP swap. Seemed like a good idea yesterday morning. Nope! It was a total free for all. Not complaining at all. It was fun until we had players blocked because of the cap. That really is hard to avoid since different players are on at different times. I'm thinking everybody had a lot of fun with it though :)

Adding: Not happy at all today! Too many FS members are blocked today. We figured it would reset when the new day started. Nope! o_O:confused::eek:

Last edited:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I set up a 15KP swap. Seemed like a good idea yesterday morning. Nope! It was a total free for all. Not complaining at all. It was fun until we had players blocked because of the cap. That really is hard to avoid since different players are on at different times. I'm thinking everybody had a lot of fun with it though :)

Adding: Not happy at all today! Too many FS members are blocked today. We figured it would reset when the new day started. Nope! o_O:confused::eek:
It's not a reset, they need to make some donations. Players need to donate almost as much as they receive to avoid the block. Especially right now with so many donations flying.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It's not a reset, they need to make some donations. Players need to donate almost as much as they receive to avoid the block. Especially right now with so many donations flying.

So the smaller players who gave away as much as they had for AW they don't plan to build are locked out of KP trades forever? And we larger cities who gave away a ton to other players already have to do it again to ever be able to do KP swaps? I don't think some are working even for the Fellowship Perk KP. This is starting to sound like a game killer even for small cities who we tried to help a lot.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
So the smaller players who gave away as much as they had for AW they don't plan to build are locked out of KP trades forever? And we larger cities who gave away a ton to other players already have to do it again to ever be able to do KP swaps? I don't think some are working even for the Fellowship Perk KP.
It's not the giving, it's the receiving. You need to donate almost as much kp as you receive. There is no reset as that would defeat the purpose of the limit.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It's not the giving, it's the receiving. You need to donate almost as much kp as you receive.

Right. So the smaller cities we larger cities gave a lot to so they can level up some are now blocked out of KP swap forever? I can handle it easily in my city but it sounds like the smaller cities are really screwed with nobody knowing this was going to happpen.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Right. So the smaller cities we larger cities gave a lot to so they can level up some are now blocked out of KP swap forever? I can handle it easily in my city but it sounds like the smaller cities are really screwed with nobody knowing this was going to happpen.
Not forever, but yes until they make some donations