• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Runesmith

DeletedUser2870

Several ideas have been launched before, but I really feel it is time to introduce a runesmith.
It would have to be a new building (4x4 would be my suggestion) and like the builder and MA only upgradable to lvl 2 for free. Upgrades to lvl 3-5 only for diamonds.
The runesmith would offer several new features.
1 - allow players to break specific rune-shards they have into broken shards. This would cost time, gold, supplies and some goods.
2 - allow players to fuse runes directly into a new rune of their choice. This would cost time, gold, supplies and sentient goods. And perhaps a new spell as well that can be added to the MA.
3 - allow players to trade with the runesmith for a rune (once a week perhaps) at a 5:1 ratio. Or the runesmith could offer a random rune once every 2 days that can be traded for, not unlike the crafting recipes.
(EDIT: 4 - Maybe open a trade-possibility for rune shards of AW's that are maxed? Only maxed out AW's would be eligible for that, and only between players on the discovered map who also have this building up. This should be a premium ability only, so only available between players who have discovered each other, have the runesmith upgraded to premium and have at least one maxed out AW)

Players already have the ability to break rune shards into broken shards, but ONLY at a moment where that given AW needs to have the ring filled. At any other time, those runes cannot be used for anything, even if one would like to and thus are worthless.
Giving players a chance to directly fuse runes together is becoming needed as the number of AWs goes up, the random chances of getting a specific rune are too slim.

Edit: I posted it before, but when one gets to the end of the Constructs, one will have 26 AWs unlocked. So the chance of getting a runeshard for a specific AW is 1/26 at that point. Given that I need about 22 rune shards on average to fill the ring, I'll need 22x26=572 rune shards to build or upgrade any specific wonder. Even with a decent amount of rune shards gained from the tourneys each week that's getting to a point where it's going to be unlikely and thus become a hindrance and source of frustration for players.
I know I'd like to upgrade my Needles to lvl 11 at some point, but am not getting any of those rune shards from the random rune shards I win, only from investing in this AW at other players, which is very slow work. I do however keep getting rune shards for my GA, for instance even though it's maxed out and I already have enough to fill a new ring another 4 times or so, so these are completely worthless to me. As are those for the CL, which have scrapped and don't want to rebuild.

Edited runes to rune shards vs broken shards

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Looks reasonable.

1 - allow players to break specific runes they have into shards. This would cost time, gold, supplies and some goods.
I suspect you forgot Elvenar's unusual grammar, and actually mean break rune shards into broken shards. Remember, 1 rune (wheel) contains 9 rune shards, and 10 broken shards can be forged into one rune shard.

Last edited:

Buttrflwr

I like this. I have hundreds of rune shards collectively I can do nothing with, as those AW are at lvl 30, and NO rune shards for others I need. We should be able to at least do SOMETHING with those useless rune shards.

DeletedUser2870

Looks reasonable.

I suspect you forgot Elvenar's unusual grammar, and actually mean break rune shards into broken shards. Remember, 1 rune (wheel) contains 9 rune shards, and 10 broken shards can be forged into one rune shard.

True, I edited the OP.

Btw, my suggestion for the prices involved is just that, a suggestion. There is no reason for this ability to be cheap. And part of the cost could be a long production time (that of course is reduced by upgrading by diamonds to the premium levels).
And it's not something that HAS to be introduced retrocatively (though there is something to say for that, adding it somewhere in the woodelves chapter for instance) since it mostly becomes a problem as the number of unlocked AW's increases. But with the Constructs this is really becoming a problem.
With that increasing number of AW's the chances of getting desired (or useable) rune shards is dropping dramatically.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I like this. I have hundreds of rune shards collectively I can do nothing with, as those AW are at lvl 30, and NO rune shards for others I need. We should be able to at least do SOMETHING with those useless rune shards.

Nothing I can say about those extra shards for the level 30 wonders, but everyone has at least a couple of wonders they do not build. So to make at least a few shards you do need, you can always use the old trick of filling the wheel for a wonder you have not built, put it out to build, then delete it once it is done and do the process all over again until you run out of those shards, so that you can get enough broken shards for a few rune shards.

DeletedUser2870

Nothing I can say about those extra shards for the level 30 wonders, but everyone has at least a couple of wonders they do not build. So to make at least a few shards you do need, you can always use the old trick of filling the wheel for a wonder you have not built, put it out to build, then delete it once it is done and do the process all over again until you run out of those shards, so that you can get enough broken shards for a few rune shards.

First of all, you need space to place it. But though you can (and instead of building and scrapping it, you can build and cancel the building, which is much faster) it is not exactly practical. But there is no use for rune-shards for AW's that are maxed out. So what do I do with 81 shards for a maxed out AW that I keep getting more and more of?
And yes, there are some I could fill the ring for (and did). My point is it is a VERY inefficient way. It was a nice workaround way for when there were only a few AW's in the game, but the game has evolved to a point where that is becoming less of a possibility. And as the game progresses, one may find he wants to build more AW's and reconsider ones he decided against earlier.

Buttrflwr

First of all, you need space to place it. But though you can (and instead of building and scrapping it, you can build and cancel the building, which is much faster) it is not exactly practical. But there is no use for rune-shards for AW's that are maxed out. So what do I do with 81 shards for a maxed out AW that I keep getting more and more of?
And yes, there are some I could fill the ring for (and did). My point is it is a VERY inefficient way. It was a nice workaround way for when there were only a few AW's in the game, but the game has evolved to a point where that is becoming less of a possibility. And as the game progresses, one may find he wants to build more AW's and reconsider ones he decided against earlier.

YES, THIS. I have done the whole build/destroy/break shards thing. Now I have none of those shards either. I am EXACTLY at this point in the game where I have used all my CL shards for other AW, (I tore it down when they nerfed it) and now that I have the LGN, I find that the CL is once again quite useful to extend the NH for my mana bldgs. AND I HAVE NO SHARDS! :p But have eleventy billion GA shards, which has been maxed out for a while now.

Also, @Dhurrin I had no idea I could just cancel the construction of the AW and still get the same result as bldg it. :rolleyes: Thanks for that tidbit, IF I ever get enough shards to do this again. o_O

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I like the idea. Not sure how to configure it so everything's balanced; will leave that up to the human calculators on here:D.
First of all, you need space to place it. But though you can (and instead of building and scrapping it, you can build and cancel the building, which is much faster
Is this new? I tried that early on (when I was wrapping my brain around the 'build it to break runes' idea; so not really sure when that was). When I cancelled before it finished, it was still a full rune wheel. I had to wait until it was complete and then sell it to get back an empty rune wheel. It would be great to know this has changed as I've never tried it again. That would make the process less cumbersome. Maybe I will try it the next time I need runes..and have a full one...with unused runes...and the space to build it...and...

DeletedUser9601

And perhaps a new spell as well that can be added to the MA.
Voting against this proposal if only for suggesting a new spell :D

I agree that the lack of uses for Broken Shards is annoying. But I think you're overstating the challenge of filling out rune wheels for all the AWs at max level. If you're at the end of Constructs, you are pushing an AW level a week IF you are very active in tournaments. So at best you need to clear the rune wheel once every 5 weeks. And if you are very active in tournaments you likely A. are getting 25+ runes a week in tourney rewards, and B. have an active FS where you can KP-trade to get the runes you want, and C. you are racking up dozens of runes for AWs you're not focused on - so if/when you do focus on those AWs, the rune wheel is a minor hurdle.

Its definitely painful when you want to push a new AW to level 11 asap. I struggled with Simia, and I expect to do the same with Timewarp (though I've been able to get 10ish runes from KP donations now that Timewarp is more prevalent). But I wouldn't expect a change (even though you present a very well thought out proposal). From Inno's perspective:
-many sets give a broken shard - a shard+ per day makes the rune wheel pretty easy
-the Ferris Wheel, which has shown up multiple times in the last few events, gives a broken shard
-if you're at end-game, you can waste space on Enar's

I think its annoying that we accumulate a "resource" that we can't use. I'm sitting on 112 Golden Abyss runes (and I'm sure others trump me there) that likely never get used. But I assume that Inno wants there to be a challenge and a delay with the rune wheel upgrades. Otherwise its just a free AW level upgrade. And they don't usually give us stuff for free.

DeletedUser2870

@Tedious
The spell I mentioned because such an ability needs to be balanced by the cost. A spell would add a new component and a new cost for an ability many will find practical. It's not for purpose of creating a spell for it's own sake.
And with our fellowship and the KP donation schedules I can probably push 2 AW's a week, maybe 3 if they are low lvl. And there are donations from other players on the map as well. (24KP/day+3 from my ToS+5 carting libs,+1 ferris wheel for me alone each day, not counting the tourneys, not counting some encounters)

The sets that give broken shards are -at least for me- often useless. I have all the rings filled for the AW's where rings need to be filled. I have no place right now to build one of the ones I plan to scrap again. So I have 10 broken shards and get 0 during the tourney and 0 from my set as I can't use them to forge a rune as I don't have and open spots in the rings. Which is exactly the problem: one can only use them at certain times. (I'm well into the Constructs, not at the end yet).
And there us NO way I will ever build Enars Embassy unless to scrap it again. It's one of the most useless AW,s there is AND it's way too large and for 1 broken shard every week I'm not even placing it when I do have the space.

Other than that, what I propose is not free at all. There is a cost involved, it gives a new building with special features, upgradable by diamonds for even more features and with the spell and the other costs one can by no definition call it 'free'.

I've build and scrapped AW's and NOT gotten the full ring back. But I guess I'll just have to try it again some time.

Crowella

I have 2 full rune wheels for AWs I haven't built yet and no other AWs researched, so once I accumulate 10 broken shards the rest will just disappear until I research the next AWs (or finally decide to place a Golden Abyss). I'm not foreseeing much of a problem filling up my rune wheels, but maybe that is because I started during Phoenix Evolution where I got rune shards out the wazoo.

DeletedUser23196

Several ideas have been launched before, but I really feel it is time to introduce a runesmith.
It would have to be a new building (4x4 would be my suggestion) and like the builder and MA only upgradable to lvl 2 for free. Upgrades to lvl 3-5 only for diamonds.
The runesmith would offer several new features.
1 - allow players to break specific rune-shards they have into broken shards. This would cost time, gold, supplies and some goods.
2 - allow players to fuse runes directly into a new rune of their choice. This would cost time, gold, supplies and sentient goods. And perhaps a new spell as well that can be added to the MA.
3 - allow players to trade with the runesmith for a rune (once a week perhaps) at a 5:1 ratio. Or the runesmith could offer a random rune once every 2 days that can be traded for, not unlike the crafting recipes.
(EDIT: 4 - Maybe open a trade-possibility for rune shards of AW's that are maxed? Only maxed out AW's would be eligible for that, and only between players on the discovered map who also have this building up. This should be a premium ability only, so only available between players who have discovered each other, have the runesmith upgraded to premium and have at least one maxed out AW)

Players already have the ability to break rune shards into broken shards, but ONLY at a moment where that given AW needs to have the ring filled. At any other time, those runes cannot be used for anything, even if one would like to and thus are worthless.
Giving players a chance to directly fuse runes together is becoming needed as the number of AWs goes up, the random chances of getting a specific rune are too slim.

Edit: I posted it before, but when one gets to the end of the Constructs, one will have 26 AWs unlocked. So the chance of getting a runeshard for a specific AW is 1/26 at that point. Given that I need about 22 rune shards on average to fill the ring, I'll need 22x26=572 rune shards to build or upgrade any specific wonder. Even with a decent amount of rune shards gained from the tourneys each week that's getting to a point where it's going to be unlikely and thus become a hindrance and source of frustration for players.
I know I'd like to upgrade my Needles to lvl 11 at some point, but am not getting any of those rune shards from the random rune shards I win, only from investing in this AW at other players, which is very slow work. I do however keep getting rune shards for my GA, for instance even though it's maxed out and I already have enough to fill a new ring another 4 times or so, so these are completely worthless to me. As are those for the CL, which have scrapped and don't want to rebuild.

Edited runes to rune shards vs broken shards
I'm in 120% in Agreement of this as I read it after my reply in my other thread for Scaling and Diamonds, but you are correct there is much that can be done with the mass collection of Runes we have and are limited to by a chance of Computer generated roll. Maybe make the Trader Mutli Threaded as part of Expansion For Example Sentient Good Are now being Traded and making a long list of Scrolling goods... Make Multi Thread Trade Building (Regular Goods Tier 1-3), Sentient Goods, Runes, Spells and Instants, Buildings. Begin making Trading exactly what it is, Goods to be trades, Buildings, Runes etc.. Build a city that people actually love and enjoy seeing bc some of the animations make the game what it is... But Runes are a vast need and in some areas I have over 100 and could use the idea to break them down, or trade them or Disenchant them for crafting mats would even be the great idea... You Are right on it though!!!

DeletedUser2870

It takes 10 broken rune shards to form 1 runeshard, and that only can be done when the wheel needs to be filled.
So even if the Runesmith had the ability to break 1 runeshard into just 2 or 3 broken shards, it still would be a nice source of extra broken shards.
But I really feel we are at a point where players need to be able to give some direction to the runes they want/need to build or upgrade specific AW's. The random chance just makes it way too unpredictable and too hard