• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Safety of Innogames employees

Risen Malchiah

@Muf-Muf @Xelenia
I don't mean to be a bummer, but I know many areas are heavily affected by RL issues right now. Is Innogames set up to let staff work from home or are any other plans in the works, such as delaying patches, maintenance, reduced support staff, etc?

We love you guys (and gals) and want to make sure you're all safe. Some of us are spending extra time indoors at the moment and while we obviously would enjoy continued access to the game, it stands to reason that Innogames could be affected as well. I assume much of the game can run without interruption, but certainly there must be some aspect of the game that may be impacted. Any insight regarding that would be comforting.

Thank you for all that you do and stay safe. :)

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello @Risen Malchiah ,

I cannot fully speak for those in Germany, but thus far, I have not heard of any future interruption to the game. I feel if things ever come down to that, we will let everyone know as soon as possible. Germany is not in full lockdown, but some places are slowly being moved towards such a thing, ex: nonessential public places. The knowledge I have of Germany through their news, and the set-up of the type of works being done at Innogames, I am 90% confident people are working from home. There should not be any concerns about delaying patches, maintenance, or reduced support staff. That is from the research I have done by myself, so do not quote me on this :p

As far as US Forum support, our CM is chipper as ever in light of things. And as far as myself, I do live in the states, and my county has shut down. I am very thankful to have the ability to work from home for my superhero job (what I like to call my day job :)) rather than on the front line, and my volunteer job here for you guys. I am currently setting up my station and dealing with matters as best as possible.

I am just a PM away!
Xelenia

Muf-Muf

Community Manager
Thank you for your kind words!

I can confirm that in Germany (which is where I am as I normally work from the InnoGames office which is located there) it is pretty much as Xelenia described: non-essential businesses here have closed their physical locations, and there are limitations put in place to enforce social distancing in real life. InnoGames itself had fully moved all of their employees into Home Office already a week back, and is taking the situation very seriously, for which I am very glad. On Friday last week we have sent an in-game message to all of our players on all of our games, linking to the WHO's website, to urge people to do what they can to stay safe and to help keep the most vulnerable people in our communities stay safe as well.

As for Elvenar: For now, since we are able to operate almost completely from home as a company, that also means "business as usual" in most aspects. You may see some smaller changes here and there (e.g. the video for the current event has a slightly different format than what you're used to from previous Elvenar videos as we couldn't use our regular studio), but for the most part our service will continue as you're used to. :)

Stay safe, everyone! And wash your hands. :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thank you for your kind words!

I can confirm that in Germany (which is where I am as I normally work from the InnoGames office which is located there) it is pretty much as Xelenia described: non-essential businesses here have closed their physical locations, and there are limitations put in place to enforce social distancing in real life. InnoGames itself had fully moved all of their employees into Home Office already a week back, and is taking the situation very seriously, for which I am very glad. On Friday last week we have sent an in-game message to all of our players on all of our games, linking to the WHO's website, to urge people to do what they can to stay safe and to help keep the most vulnerable people in our communities stay safe as well.

As for Elvenar: For now, since we are able to operate almost completely from home as a company, that also means "business as usual" in most aspects. You may see some smaller changes here and there (e.g. the video for the current event has a slightly different format than what you're used to from previous Elvenar videos as we couldn't use our regular studio), but for the most part our service will continue as you're used to. :)

Stay safe, everyone! And wash your hands. :)
Glad to hear it! You are our heroes.