• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

% Sales?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have been waiting since the start of chapter 15 for a good % sale. I have every intention of buying diamonds for the last premium expansion. I have gotten zero good % sales in all this time and now I am even more determined to wait. Now I am hearing the same from other high ranking players. To make matters worse, I have gotten good offers in my small player city & family members & others in small FS have gotten them also. So question is, is Elvenar really intentionally excluding long term high ranking players from the good % diamond sales? I hope they realize they are antagonizing top players & spenders. Wonder if this contributed to a few 1M+ ranked players quitting in the past week?

Deleted User - 3932582

I believe the current hypothesis is that sales offers are connected with your previous spending patterns, not with rank per se. So players that haven't purchased diamonds are getting progressively better deals to entice them to spend anything, while players that spent anything recently don't. Which kind of makes sense as if someone is already spending, they don't need to incentivize them more with better deals.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Nope. That has been true in the past. I am one who completely believed that and explained it to others in the past. Apparently they have changed. It has been quite a while since I bought diamonds . There was no reason to since I cut back on magic buildings and I refuse to spend my regular $100 on what they have done to recent events. I am not a gambler. The premium expansions have been the first reason for me to spend on diamonds in a fairly long time since wishing wells and such have sufficed.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was offered a 20% sale last week
usually it is just 10%
20% on diamonds, or on Expansions? I think Deborah's issue is that despite having not bought any diamonds for 3+ months, there have been no deep-discounts offered for buying diamonds.

To be honest, I think the wait is probably longer than that. I wouldn't count on a deep discount for at least Six months. And anecdotally, it's probably a year since I last bought diamonds, and I don't think I've seen any diamond-discount offers of any kind for the last few months.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
20% on diamonds, or on Expansions? I think Deborah's issue is that despite having not bought any diamonds for 3+ months, there have been no deep-discounts offered for buying diamonds.

To be honest, I think the wait is probably longer than that. I wouldn't count on a deep discount for at least Six months. And anecdotally, it's probably a year since I last bought diamonds, and I don't think I've seen any diamond-discount offers of any kind for the last few months.

Exactly what I and others are experiencing. BUT smaller cities are still getting the good offers. How the heck can they think this is a good marketing move? Get a reputation for complete lack of appreciation for long term customers? Even alienating long term spending customers? How does that make sense?

Adding that my little user and other smaller cities have recently received 100% sale offers so it appears intentional. I hope not but....

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just looked and the last time I spent real $ was in June so more than 6 months. I know for a fact that when I was spending $ every week, month, or so I never received any 100% or even close to that. It was after I got angry over getting jipped out of a blueprint and stopped spending that I started getting the occasional 100% sale. Sucks that now that I am ready & willing to spend they seem to have decided we long term players aren't worthy of the sales that are still going out to small cities :( :mad: That is a sentiment I am starting to hear from other FS members along with others. Maybe it's just us 1M+ ranking points players? o_O

Last edited:

qaccy

Makes sense to me that offers would be based on previous spending habits, possibly length of time spent playing as well. The more you've already spent, the more time you've put in, the more you're already on the hook. Someone who's new or has never bought diamonds is a better candidate to entice with shiny deals to try getting them to bite.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Makes sense to me that offers would be based on previous spending habits, possibly length of time spent playing as well. The more you've already spent, the more time you've put in, the more you're already on the hook. Someone who's new or has never bought diamonds is a better candidate to entice with shiny deals to try getting them to bite.

Yup. It does appear that way. On the other hand it really does seem like a complete lack of appreciation for players who have stuck with the game through thick & thin and are looking to drop another $50-$100 on top of the already large investment in the game. Besides, wouldn't it seem that they would want to "entice" those who have spent large amounts of $ to start spending again while there is actually a good reason to? I would think it would be much better than the ones who are quitting who have obviously spent quite a chunk of $. I know that if I invest real cash in the game it does effect how willing I would be to walk away. The way this is the opposite is true. Just one more reason to have more days of growing frustration toward Inno.

Palavyn

I have bought diamonds in the past several times whenever I saw the +100% sale. But for the last 6+ months, I haven't seen any +100% sales, so haven't bought anything. I would like to buy more diamonds to support the game and get expansions, but not at regular price.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Unfortunately, this seems to be the way companies are going - we give great deals to get new customers, but aren't worried about old customers leaving

This corporate attitude has Zynga written all over it. They adopted a "there's more customers where they came from" attitude and went from a huge success to almost bankrupt. I still remember them being in the lists of companies expected to go out of business on financial pages. Served them right! (but not all the employees they laid off)

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

Never seen 1. I have been playing since Jan. 2018. I do not & cannot afford to buy diamonds all the time. I do maybe 4-6 weeks on average. I get 20% discount but have never seen anything other than that the whole time. Very disappointing when some in my FS get them often. :( Good for them!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
They could, of course, raise the incentive by offering diamonds at a special price of -100% all the time -- where you get only 1/2 of the diamonds you normally get for the same price. Then the regular price would be a real bargain and we would all buy them, right? LOL. The conundrum they face is the same every discounter faces -- once you start offering deep discounts you are stuck with a lot of people expecting deep discounts and refraining from purchasing unless they do so at a deep discount. This means the number of people willing to buy the product at the standard price probably end up being fewer than if they would have not offered the deep discounts in the first place. Every product has a price at which it will sell. If the only way to boost sales is to deeply discount then the you have to say the market has spoken and the product isn't worth the standard price overall.

Thus, deep discounts are just shooting yourself in the foot as a business. Price things better -- i.e. at what the market will consistently bear -- and if you lose money at that level it's time to fold up shop because the cost of your product is higher than what the market wants to pay for your product.

Just my thoughts....

AJ