• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Savǿir Faire Felyᶇđral Fellowship

• Thread starter DeletedUser4027
  • Start date

DeletedUser4027

A place for our fellowship to gather, ask questions, get tips and discuss the game (or anything else for that matter).

Been working on a few easy member game enhancements and will post soon :)

DeletedUser4027

A place for our fellowship to gather, ask questions, get tips and discuss the game (or anything else for that matter).

Been working on a few easy member game enhancements and will post soon :)

Hello Savoir Faire Felyndral fellowship,

If your so inclined, there is a great font available on your windows OS...character map. I've been playing around with the Cambria font and the font transfer is pretty good. There are about 400 characters from ancient type fonts. Takes a little time to figure it out.

*Cambria font is standard on Windows10 OS's and Chrome. Some may not be able to view the font on their systems. You can figure it out by opening your "Character Map" program and search for the Cambria Font. You can alter the font appearance of your name or whatever requires text. Kinda fun to play around with.

STRĆAFØX of Bândovånia requests

IE:
N∑∑ÐLES ðf TEMÞES†,
The Grëa† Bell SÞŸRÉ,
the Sãnç†uarý
∑NDLESSS ESÇÀV∆TIOÑ,
Töme of Sèçre†s,
GØLÐEN Ω ÅB¥SS

I am posting this in the hopes that members can cut and past from this forum post > to their fellowship messages, chat and City Titles. I used the font in my city's title.

Athêna of Ãtheñs
Ãmilÿnn øf Fiðnavår
STRĆAFØX of Bândovånia

and so on.

Bândovånia

Bandovaniaarial.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4027

Been thinking about how some of out fellowship members list the city name which is great! KUDOS!! But you can enhance how your visitors help you with a simple key.

Below is a suggested key to use after the city name, space permitted, 25 char. max. Being able to change your city's status has helped me because my visitors and fellowship members know what I need help with instantly. Its easy to change by just clicking on the City Name and a quick edit.

I thought I would share this with the rest of the fellowship. It helped me :)
Main use:City Name. IE: Bandonvania B eC M Kp (25 Ch Max)
Key:
M=Main Hall
B=Builder
C=Culture
eC=Enchanted Culture
Kp=Knowledge (Points for ancient wonders ie: N∑∑ÐLES ðf TEMÞES†)

eC is an abbreviation I use to direct help to enchanted cultural buildings...I do have a few ;) Helping Enchanted Culture will give greater rewards.

DeletedUser9839

Awesome Work Strata, finally found my way here... I had a question on the buildings located against the cliff wall of your city..are they associated with having certain AW's? How do you get them and how do you know which AW has them....?

DeletedUser4027

Awesome Work Strata, finally found my way here... I had a question on the buildings located against the cliff wall of your city..are they associated with having certain AW's? How do you get them and how do you know which AW has them....?

Yes, I have all six of page one AW but only the Sanctuary and the Great Bell Spire represent the two Cliff buildings. The Cliff buildings also get upgraded in small increments as the AW Buildings in your city does. There is most likely a complete list of the matching buildings in the Forum Somewhere. I think two more are the Watchtower Ruins and Mountain Halls which are on page two of the AW's

DeletedUser4027

A great tool for any of our fellowship members is the Ancient Wonders Thread in our Fellowship Messaging. I would urge any fellow who has AW Buildings to participate as it is a great help for all members (fellowship world ranking) and for the Members that have the AW Structures. The AW Thread really helps to Advance at a quicker pace.

Out of curiosity, I've posted a headliner poll to discover how many fellows have AW buildings. Fellows who take the Poll can benefit greatly from the Ancient Wonders KP Thread.

DeletedUser9839

I just havent unlocked them yet--Im working in that now, so looks like Ill be out of tourney next couple times saving my goods for provinces and city space....I'll contribute something just not as much as usual I have got to catch up and get to The Dwarves.....

DeletedUser4027

Aspirants: As Ambassadors, Mages and Archmages, together we should make a concentrated effort to qualify "vette" our aspirants.

I propose that we divide our aspirant list and contact them.

Copy and Paste this phrase into any communication you have with the aspirants.

Greetings! This message is from the Savǿir Faire Felyᶇđral Fellowship. We are contacting you today to determine if you would like to join our fellowship. We have visited your city and have deemed that you would become a valued member. Please accept the invite for our approval. If we receive no response within 7 days, your invitation will be deleted from the date of the message transmission. Thank you for your time on the matter.

DeletedUser4027

I just havent unlocked them yet--Im working in that now, so looks like Ill be out of tourney next couple times saving my goods for provinces and city space....I'll contribute something just not as much as usual I have got to catch up and get to The Dwarves.....

No worries. Our fellowship should be able to help.

DeletedUser4027

Visited all Aspirants today with a 7 day vette. Lets see what happens.

DeletedUser4027

Our fellowship members should really consider visiting each of our members and help where it is appropriate. There are many benefits received by doing this. You can gain needed funds for your main hall, receive goods as a reward and once in a while a relic or KP or two.

DeletedUser6688

Great job Stratafox! Love this!
Ok here's my 2 cents worth of tips for everyone (some of you may already know this...so this is for those who don't):

SHORTCUT KEYS:
If you hit these keys on your keyboard you will get the following "pop-up" windows.....
A=Ancient Wonders
B=Buildings
F=Fellowship
H=Rankings (where you rank in players)
I=Inventory
L=Logout
M=messages
N=Notifications
R=Takes you to Research
W=World Provinces

In workshops....if you type in the numbers it will apply the following finishing times:
Workshops:
1- 5min
2- 15min
3- 1hr
4- 3hr
5- 9hr
6- 1D

Same with the manufactories:
Manufactories:
1- 3hr
2- 9hr
3- 1D
4- 2D

DeletedUser9839

Our fellowship members should really consider visiting each of our members and help where it is appropriate. There are many benefits received by doing this. You can gain needed funds for your main hall, receive goods as a reward and once in a while a relic or KP or two.
Yes the KP thread is a great resource .....more people would benefit from it...

DeletedUser4027

Been thinking about how some of out fellowship members list the city name which is great! KUDOS!! But you can enhance how your visitors help you with a simple key.

Below is a suggested key to use after the city name, space permitted, 25 char. max. Being able to change your city's status has helped me because my visitors and fellowship members know what I need help with instantly. Its easy to change by just clicking on the City Name and a quick edit.

I thought I would share this with the rest of the fellowship. It helped me :)
Main use:City Name. IE: Bandonvania B eC M Kp (25 Ch Max)
Key:
M=Main Hall
B=Builder
C=Culture
eC=Enchanted Culture
Kp+Knowledge (Points for ancient wonders ie: N∑∑ÐLES ðf TEMÞES†)

eC is an abbreviation I use to direct help to enchanted cultural buildings...I do have a few ;) Helping Enchanted Culture will give greater rewards.

lesson 4.jpg

Here is what my current City Key looks like. As you can see, currently my needs for my city are eC=Enchanted Culture (which gives the receiver 5% more culture), M = Main Hall, Kp=Knowledge Points and B=Builder. Builder being the last because I don't have any building going on. In this instance, the most important value for my city are these areas of interest for my development of my city rated from most important to least important.

These city need values can be easily changed as my city's needs change. To change the priorities of you city, Click on the city name and edit the title caption. Cities with longer names may not be able to express their needs appropriately. I have learned (on my rounds) to explore the city to discover what they need most.
Sometimes when I visit, I will scan the city to see exactly what they need. If there are new structures or upgrades going up, I will help the builder. If there are Cultural buildings going for expansion, I will help that Structure. eC is a term I coined to help the Cultural buildings that are enchanted.
These enchanted buildings return an additional 5% culture to the city...thus speeding up their development. See below:

lesson 4a.jpg

This practice has helped me greatly to direct the help from visitors where and when my city needs it most.​

DeletedUser4027

AMA​

Archmages, Mages and Ambassadors (A.M.A.) have an important responsibility to the Fellowship. In a perfect world, the fellowship should only have one of each AMA's to provide a "check and balance" for the development of a city. Each of the AMA office members should be involved in the upward direction and development of fledgling members, advanced members and new member additions (Aspirants). Approval or removal of each individual member shall be based on fair assessment, conjecture, grievance or achievements and should be voted on and passed by majority.

Each AMA member should actively support membership through tourneys, trading, communications, involvement in forums and WiKi and relevant information to bolster and improve and develop our fellowship and to relate insights to the membership and whether by message or "/w" to asess individual circumstances of members. No AMA shall act alone without conference with other AMA members.

Instances of bullying, un-sportsmanlike conduct by any member of the fellowship should be addressed immediately by AMA members and in the case of absense of any AMA member shall be carried out by post-explanation and proper measures and be enforced including expulsion in certain cases.

Below are the fellowship rights:

lesson 5.jpg

Any Aspirant or pending members invited by to our fellowship shall not be deleted or vanquished without the express consent of An Archmage or Mage. Ambassadors may delete or vanquish their "own invitees" without consent after 6 weeks of the invitees disinterest of membership , but intentions must be made to an AMA for further discovery of the Invitee before action is taken.

lesson 3.jpg

Our members invite other players to join Savoir Faire Felyndral after interacting with them outside our fellowship. Deleting another Savoir members aspirant will result in demotion and possibly expulsion.

No Changes shall be made to the Fellowship Overview without the express endorsement from the Archmage.

Let it be written....Let it be done.

DeletedUser4027

Ranking

lesson 2.jpg

To find World and Membership ranking, city population, World ranking.....just hover over the the name or icon. You can do it in the city or province as well.​

DeletedUser4027

Important.
All members should make "The Rounds" at least a couple of times a week. I am talking with the mods and developers to make a chat window key code to return results about membership activity. IE:Number of visits, Help stats, world/membership stats, inventories, online activity, growth curve, point accumulation, ranks...etc. etc.

Any Comments?

DeletedUser9839

Agreed on the rounds.. At least as a guideline..there will of course be occasions that it wont be possible, but for the most part its not to much to ask and benefits the player as much it helps others. As for the chat window to display stats , I think its appropriate for things like visits and help stats-as it indicates a players contributions to the fellowship...other things like players inventories ect ,may need to be considered more closely- a player does need to retain some private info ...Just my thoughts

DeletedUser6688

Many thanks to Stratafox for all the hard work he has put into creating this Forum as well as taking care of issues within the Fellowship!! :)
I have been inundated with things at home from the flood recovery and rebuilding...so Elvenar has been on the bottom of the "to do list". I can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel though as we FINALLY got our flood insurance check and can now get our furnace, washer, dryer, rebuild the basement steps as well as the bathroom and repair the damaged walls.

DeletedUser6688

Important.
All members should make "The Rounds" at least a couple of times a week. I am talking with the mods and developers to make a chat window key code to return results about membership activity. IE:Number of visits, Help stats, world/membership stats, inventories, online activity, growth curve, point accumulation, ranks...etc. etc.

Any Comments?
In the Fellowship overview....it is expressly stated about making rounds. When members join, they should have read the overview (I know I did when I joined all mine!) I don't think asking to make rounds 2-3x a week is asking much! It is a win-win situation all around!
As for member activity.....I don't think anyone should have access to another players info regarding inventory, point accumulation etc. That's not truly anyone's business. Each player plays differently and not all are as active as another player. From a Fellowship standpoint, I like the idea of knowing online activity and agree with Dendrodarian. As for rank, that's easily enough found by clicking on the person's name and it takes you to their ranking within Elvenar....same with Fellowship.