• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Savǿir Faire Felyᶇđral Fellowship

• Thread starter DeletedUser4027
  • Start date

DeletedUser9839

And definitely second Strata's work on the forum hes been a big help to me understanding the the "technical" considerations...Is there anything I can do to weed through some of the older aspirants and clear them so we can more easily look at new ones and know we are at least looking at a recent one? Does anyone have a issue if I clear the older ones?

DeletedUser4027

In the Fellowship overview....it is expressly stated about making rounds. When members join, they should have read the overview (I know I did when I joined all mine!) I don't think asking to make rounds 2-3x a week is asking much! It is a win-win situation all around!
As for member activity.....I don't think anyone should have access to another players info regarding inventory, point accumulation etc. That's not truly anyone's business. Each player plays differently and not all are as active as another player. From a Fellowship standpoint, I like the idea of knowing online activity and agree with Dendrodarian. As for rank, that's easily enough found by clicking on the person's name and it takes you to their ranking within Elvenar....same with Fellowship.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that it would be nice, as Archs, Mages (basically, fellowship mods) is to have just the basic stats like frequency of visits. I know it would help me to improve relations with other members and get a better idea where I could focus my help. Cindy247 is a good example. She has really come a long way since starting with our fellowship a little over a month ago. She always has an important question for me and sometimes she doesn't understand some of the processes like the AW Thread and so forth, but she is learning and growing with our fellowship.

DeletedUser9839

View attachment 2229

Here is what my current City Key looks like. As you can see, currently my needs for my city are eC=Enchanted Culture (which gives the receiver 5% more culture), M = Main Hall, Kp=Knowledge Points and B=Builder. Builder being the last because I don't have any building going on. In this instance, the most important value for my city are these areas of interest for my development of my city rated from most important to least important.

These city need values can be easily changed as my city's needs change. To change the priorities of you city, Click on the city name and edit the title caption. Cities with longer names may not be able to express their needs appropriately. I have learned (on my rounds) to explore the city to discover what they need most.
Sometimes when I visit, I will scan the city to see exactly what they need. If there are new structures or upgrades going up, I will help the builder. If there are Cultural buildings going for expansion, I will help that Structure. eC is a term I coined to help the Cultural buildings that are enchanted.
These enchanted buildings return an additional 5% culture to the city...thus speeding up their development. See below:

View attachment 2230

This practice has helped me greatly to direct the help from visitors where and when my city needs it most.​
Awesome Im going to change mine now

DeletedUser9839

I guess the point I am trying to make is that it would be nice, as Archs, Mages (basically, fellowship mods) is to have just the basic stats like frequency of visits. I know it would help me to improve relations with other members and get a better idea where I could focus my help. Cindy247 is a good example. She has really come a long way since starting with our fellowship a little over a month ago. She always has an important question for me and sometimes she doesn't understand some of the processes like the AW Thread and so forth, but she is learning and growing with our fellowship.
Absolutely frequency of visits and help would be nice....make it much easier to know who is participating and who isnt....Some players you dont know they need help until they are ready to quit -we cant help if we dont know we need to make that clear to all players

DeletedUser9839

How long should we let a newly accepted aspirant stay with no participation, no one in particular in mind, just thinking we need a objective baseline to fair.

DeletedUser4027

How long should we let a newly accepted aspirant stay with no participation, no one in particular in mind, just thinking we need a objective baseline to fair.

Well, I think we should let them stay as long as they want as long our fellowship has open slots. But, with that in mind we should "make the rounds" on a regular basis to those members that make regular help visits and try to keep a mental note to those that don't advance. If we get to maximum members then start weeding out the players that don't seem to advance at all. After all, member count does affect out Fellowship ranking.

DeletedUser4027

And definitely second Strata's work on the forum hes been a big help to me understanding the the "technical" considerations...Is there anything I can do to weed through some of the older aspirants and clear them so we can more easily look at new ones and know we are at least looking at a recent one? Does anyone have a issue if I clear the older ones?

I don't have an issue with clearing out the older ones as long as your the invitee. I have a few that I am visiting with every round completed to try to entice them to join. I am sure that there are good reasons that our members invite from outside our fellowship. A good example is Codenamecynic. I have been trading and helping her for a long time and vice versa. So she is a good candidate for our fellowship. Just takes some time. I also make a mental note when visiting our Aspirants with every round to gauge their progress

DeletedUser4027

Easy access to Forums for all of our members

Just click on the little 3 person icon next to your settings "Cog"
V
V
upload_2017-8-20_22-53-12.png

DeletedUser4027

Masquerade 2

I will put the actual quests in a spoiler tag, in case some players like to be surprised and don't want to see it yet. The QLE will run for roughly 5,5 days.

- Produce Beverages 50 times
- Produce Bread 30 times
- Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to Level 10 or higher
- Solve 26 Encounters or gain 26 Relics
- Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
- Produce Simple Tools 40 times
- Gain 14 Relics
- Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 4 or higher
- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions)
- Spend 23 Knowledge Points
- Produce Basket of Groceries 12 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 12 productions)
- Produce Toolbox 10 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (same as above)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9839

I don't have an issue with clearing out the older ones as long as your the invitee. I have a few that I am visiting with every round completed to try to entice them to join. I am sure that there are good reasons that our members invite from outside our fellowship. A good example is Codenamecynic. I have been trading and helping her for a long time and vice versa. So she is a good candidate for our fellowship. Just takes some time. I also make a mental note when visiting our Aspirants with every round to gauge their progress
Its just that some players that start the game , build 8-10 level 3 buildings then never come back -as you know these kinds of players crush the fellowship ranking, and that in turn makes recruiting active quality players even harder-or worse it means players try to join that have huge cities and high scores and are trying to join a fellowship that doesn't reflect their play level/city size....Im going to get constructively paranoid here for a moment, having dealt with a stalking bullying player once already ..A player trying to join your fellowship that is way above the average players level in that fellowship should raise caution. One must ask what they stand to gain from that-did their behavior mean they were expelled from other fellowships? Where they leach players rarely giving back but boosting their advancement off other players ?ie: if it looks to good to be true....It may* be. Most good players with large cities stand nothing to gain by joining a low or middle ranking fellowship-UNLESS -they know one of our members well and can be vouched for. In other words Im not saying its always bad news when a very high ranking player with a big city wants to join a smaller fellowship. But it is a flag when there are no other fellowship members sponsoring them. not rejection outright of course but definitely calls for some questions to be asked.. It would be very nice if players had a profile that listed all their previous fellowships and how long they were in them. It would make spotting trouble much easier. But I digress. In my opinion if a player joins and hasnt had any progress in 2 weeks, then we should send a message and ask if they are still interested in the game or fellowship. If no response-expel and on to the next aspirant. If Its a current generally active member its another matter entirely- there are certainly reasons a player may be away from the game for a cple weeks or more..and while we can ask that we be advised when a player has to be away more than a cple weeks, with some situations its not always possible to take the time out of life to deal with a game..but a brand new player is usually very active at first 2 weeks ...nothing should raise an alarm, and no response to a message to boot should cinch it. I was also thinking that we need some way to help players stuck in the "progress rut" and are ready to quit the game. It would be absolutely great if Fellowships themselves were allowed to "bank " a certain amount of coin, supplies KP, and goods contributed by it members-a tax of sorts so that when a fellowship city fell on hard times and needed a hand it would be there or loans could be taken from the fellowship. But Im dreaming there. Maybe if we had a system - A rotating KP pool or even goods pool..a pool with significant rewards-each player donating 3 Kp every 10 days would mean as much as 75 KP or even goods donated in amounts based on tier Ie: 100 Marble .or 50 scrolls or 25 gems...ect. Donated in form of a lop sided trade. Ill shut up now...Its easier when to overstay your welcome when you cant talk and it types vs typing..lol

DeletedUser4027

It should be the entire fellowship's duty to visit the aspirants that they invite to donate coins and a a few KP or so to entice them to join.
I have 6 Aspirants now that I visit on every round to our fellowship members. I am entertaining the notion of posting a fellowship message stating that each member should make a concentrated effort for a within a certain time frame with a set of parameters to assess the seriousness of each aspirant and if the criteria falls below the standard parameters then they are taken off the Aspirant invitation list. IE: Weekly Progress, etc etc. But I do stress that the task of visiting the aspirants should be done by the actual invitee of that aspirant so we don't step on each others toes. I deal with my aspirants on almost a daily basis and they are very good at reciprocating, but for some reason don't want to be in a fellowship. I guess you can kind of look at those types of Aspirants as pinch hitters. If I need something for my city, after visiting my invitees during regular fellowship rounds, I will send them a message for help. I have gotten a fair amount of help from outside the fellowship. Kind of like a pinch hitter or reserves. It has suited me well in the past and I don't intend to change that.

I will message the entire membership with a simple task of each member visiting their invited aspirants to assess their potential in joining or given them the boot. Additionally I think that I as Archmage, Mages and Ambassadors, we should make it a point to visit the entire list once or twice to gauge potential of the entire aspirant list and then post thoughts on this forum or the AMA Message thread for recommendations on who to boot and who to keep as aspirants. Whomever is not listed by the end of...say two weeks....shall be booted.

I also believe that we should be sending new invitations to start bolstering the aspirant list with the following conditions after visiting their prospective city. (I usually invite 1 or 2 a round) There are no limitations to the number of Aspirants we can invite. If we only boot invitees the list will surely dry up, so it would be good to have a large list.

New invitee qualification code.

1. They must at least have 2 boosted Goods Manufactures
2. They must have a Trader.
Cindy247 was an exception to this rule as she is an active player and we as a fellowship helped her to grow and nurture her city which she is grateful for.

3. That their world ranking is 5000 and up. This eliminates someone who is just out to build up and then move on. It drains fellowships who are just out to help new members, but in turn, they just get the help they need to grow without helping other members in their current membership and then move on. I've seen it happen.

We as Ambassadors, Mages and the Archmage should

1.Send an introduction message to be copied and pasted from this forum or a special A.M.A.Thread on the message board (Archmage, Mage, Ambassador)(TBA) on first invite as to confirm that they have received the invite and to respond within 2 weeks or the invite will be revoked

2. Properly vette the aspirant list frequently.

3. Promote this Forum Thread to all fellowship members. This Forum is a great resource to trade ideas, answer questions discuss changes foremost because you can post images making the process much simpler.

DeletedUser4027

Lets see if Nikonis will be properly motivated after I messaged him/her.

upload_2017-8-22_23-12-30.png

DeletedUser4027

Invitee Prospect Welcome Message

Copy and Paste to new a message just after sending invite. (You will see the Player has to accept invite....pop up window) Just before leaving his/her -- or Cat/Dog city :rolleyes:... message the player with the following text. (High-lite, Copy and then Paste into the new message.

<copy>

Greetings! You have been selected to join our very active and progressive Savǿir Faire Felyᶇđral Fellowship. You have been given this invite because your city looks as if your an active and progressive player as well and would do nicely with us. Feel free to visit our fellowship, read the overview or check out our Forum Thread to see if we would be a good fit for you.

The invite will expire in 14 days from this initial invite and if your not interested you don't have to do anything in which your invite will be removed.

We would enjoy your participation in our fellowship and look forward to working with you to help advance your city.

On behalf of the AMAs and Fellowship..Have a great Day!

STRĆAFØX - Archmage

<copy>

DeletedUser4027

City Space
Lorenzo had a question or two about being stuck on the research menu with not having enough space to grow his city while waiting for his Granite Mines to produce enough to proceed further....frustrating isn't it. I visited his city and with a little work and downtime on his part I suggested the following. Re-arranging his Dwarven Complex a little to accommodate more mines to build. The little downtime involved is a small inconvenience considering the rewards after everything is in place. Here is an fly by of his city.

loreno.jpg

After looking at his city, I counted 47 free spaces which is almost 2 plots. (25 Sq = 1 plot or 5x5) I recommended to him that he can free up needed space by tightening up the structure of his city just by moving things around a bit. I also noticed that all of his streets are those that will make his city look better, but at a cost. When managing a city, its always a good idea to plan ahead a bit by using the basic streets when developing new areas because if you need to move things around, you can sell (delete) a basic street to free up temporary space without penalty, then you can just put the basic streets back when your sure you will have the buildings in the right places. The temporary stalling of a goods producer or factory is minimal considering the advantage of having them work at peak efficiency. I also noticed that in the city title there are no Help Keys after the City name. I suggested the following Firense B Kp M C as his help key for his city. I also recommended adjusting his streets and rails to end at a corner of the building. As long as a street or rail touches a corner of the property the building is on, regardless of type (this goes for residences also) it will not affect production. This practice is good for placing 1x1 cultural buildings and provides a sense of order and continuity. In my City....

stratafox - Bandovania.jpg

You'll notice that there is only one free space available (can you find it?) but I really have plenty of space available to re-arrange structures because I have plenty of basic pathways I can sell to free up temporary space to move things around. When I have decided on the city design in certain areas, I will place the advanced streets in place of the basic pathways. Also notice that on the outer portions of my city, the pathways and rails stop short by 1 square but still come into contact with the structures themselves. My city is very tightly packed.

Hint: Almost most cultural buildings do not need a pathway leading to them so I tightly pack then into the center of my Manufacturing District and Residential areas. I also usually put a Residence close to a Factory or Goods producer so the employees don't have walk so far to work......LOL.

DeletedUser4027

Some help for the Masses.

If you would like to send a fellowship wide message, check the box in the upper right hand corner as shown......

help file#2.jpg

and to find help about the Fellowship Adventures (and most quests or contests) click on the gold Question Mark as shown.....

Help file #1.jpg

DeletedUser11046

Some help for the Masses.

If you would like to send a fellowship wide message, check the box in the upper right hand corner as shown......

View attachment 2351

and to find help about the Fellowship Adventures (and most quests or contests) click on the gold Question Mark as shown.....

View attachment 2352
thx, this was very helpful, I didn't see the gold question mark............. even with glasses

DeletedUser4027

Another tip for our Smaller Cities in fledgling growth phase....

Participating in Tournaments can be very rewarding but for the smaller cities, they may not have the needed resources to complete and of the Tournament bouts. Most of us Cater and some of our stronger cities have an Army that can handle a fight or two. Usually this is not the case for smaller cities as they don't have the factories yet or the Army strength to prevail. So I recommend to the smaller cities to concentrate on building your city through new building, and trades to wade their way through the research menu to progress. Below is an example of a typical tournament requirement.

Smallercitytorneyrestrictions.jpg

This tourney is particularly good for myself as the catering costs required are all 3 of my boosted goods. For smaller cities without tier 2 and 3 factories......not so good. So save your strength.

DeletedUser13400

Been thinking about how some of out fellowship members list the city name which is great! KUDOS!! But you can enhance how your visitors help you with a simple key.

Below is a suggested key to use after the city name, space permitted, 25 char. max. Being able to change your city's status has helped me because my visitors and fellowship members know what I need help with instantly. Its easy to change by just clicking on the City Name and a quick edit.

I thought I would share this with the rest of the fellowship. It helped me :)
Main use:City Name. IE: Bandonvania B eC M Kp (25 Ch Max)
Key:
M=Main Hall
B=Builder
C=Culture
eC=Enchanted Culture
Kp=Knowledge (Points for ancient wonders ie: N∑∑ÐLES ðf TEMÞES†)

eC is an abbreviation I use to direct help to enchanted cultural buildings...I do have a few ;) Helping Enchanted Culture will give greater rewards.

I wanted to expand on this point of receiving and giving neighborly help, especially where culture is concerned. I have struggled in the past to maintain a culture bonus, as we all know helps our supply and coin production. I've looked into this about as much as I can and wanted to share what I've found.

1. No matter the size or culture value of the building, that structures culture is automatically doubled through neighborly help. Smaller building, smaller bonus.

Frozen Shrine C.JPG

Seasnake C.JPG

The point I'm trying to illustrate is we need to be aiming toward the highest culture bonus during visits and when placing our enchantment. Not all cultural buildings are created equally, we know that. And it's only magnified during our 'help' in other cities. I'm in the process now of creating a 'cheat sheet' to serve as a handy reference for myself which cultural buildings are worth more than others. It will help me on my daily rounds. Afterall, if the help I give isn't beneficial for the other player, what's the point?

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-24_22-8-4.png
    upload_2018-1-24_22-8-4.png
    515.4 KB · Views: 102
  • upload_2018-1-24_22-10-12.png
    upload_2018-1-24_22-10-12.png
    583.3 KB · Views: 82
  • upload_2018-1-24_22-11-27.png
    upload_2018-1-24_22-11-27.png
    583.3 KB · Views: 89

DeletedUser4027

I wanted to expand on this point of receiving and giving neighborly help, especially where culture is concerned. I have struggled in the past to maintain a culture bonus, as we all know helps our supply and coin production. I've looked into this about as much as I can and wanted to share what I've found.

1. No matter the size or culture value of the building, that structures culture is automatically doubled through neighborly help. Smaller building, smaller bonus.

View attachment 3289
View attachment 3290

The point I'm trying to illustrate is we need to be aiming toward the highest culture bonus during visits and when placing our enchantment. Not all cultural buildings are created equally, we know that. And it's only magnified during our 'help' in other cities. I'm in the process now of creating a 'cheat sheet' to serve as a handy reference for myself which cultural buildings are worth more than others. It will help me on my daily rounds. Afterall, if the help I give isn't beneficial for the other player, what's the point?

Great point Loki :) Thanks for Sharing that info.